Bake Sale Total: $218  

Posted by cokelady

That's $5 more than we made on the sale we had back in March. Aunt Sue was gone to a family reunion in Arkansas and Stacey doesn't even attempt to bake, so that left it up to Tammy and me. We worked long and hard on Friday (until about 2:00am, I think) to get ready, loaded up in the morning and headed down to Thriftway to set up. OH, how I wish I could post pictures! The table was soooooo cute. I took down a few scarecrows from my mantle and some fake pumpkins and a string of fall leaves to help decorate the table. I'd gone to Sue's store and stolen a bunch of cute baskets and such to display the baked goods in, so everything looked just perfect. And Tammy had found a bunch of ribbon on sale last week and bought lots of Autumn colors, so everything had ribbons and/or bows on them, too. I'm telling you, appearance is everything. I really don't think we would sell half as much as we do if we didn't make everything look so nice and neat and clean...and cute. :-) It was fun. We're thinking about having a Christmas bake sale down in Odessa. We'd have 4 times the traffic and could make a lot more money, I'm sure. Of course, we'd have to bake a lot more stuff, too! For now, I'm just feeling fulfilled over what we've accomplished this time. And somehow, as much work as it is, it was an awful lot of fun, too.
We had good service today. Ellis wasn't feeling well today and didn't make it to church. I guess I can forgive a 94 year old man for not feeling chipper all the time. His wife came anyway though, so that's good. We got a nap this afternoon, then returned some stolen goods to Sue's house (we raided that for bake sale props, as well as her store!), then ate at Tortas y Mas with Sam and Tammy for dinner. Then they came over and I beat Sam at our usual game (~satisfied sigh~), then we spent an hour or more playing James' new Wheel of Fortune game. It's one of those video games that you plug into the front of your TV, you know? It was fun! Sam is such a riot. It was great to have something new to play, too!
That's about it from here, really. It's been a long hard week, followed by a long hard weekend, but it's been successful, too--so there's nothing to complain about. All is well. I'm hoping to get back to some kind of normal life here this week. Maybe even do some school with the kids. Seems like it's been forever since we've done that! They've had more free time that they're used to and it's easy to get bored. And when you're bored, it's easy to be bad! So I'm going to try to keep them a little more busy in the coming days. It'll be good for all of us.
Okay, I know when I've failed. There's nothing even remotely entertaining about this post, so I'll spare you anymore drab rambling. I'll try to pick up the pace and be a little more inspiring next time! For now, I'm going to clean up my office so I can get a good start on my day tomorrow. It's always best to start the day with a clean desk, you know. ;-)

G'night!
~Bec~

This entry was posted on 10:38 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

A clean desk? You are kidding...right? My desk would grow legs and run off if it was ever clean for more than 5 minutes. I do know where everything is though, so no touchy! ~hee hee~

Congrats on such a successful bake sale. Isn't wonderful to sit back after all of that work and contentedly sigh while enjoying the fruits of your labors?

Congratulations on another successful Bake Sale. I sure wish we could have seen pictures. :-(

I agree with Sister Tammi. My desk is hardly EVER clean, as you well know. And if it IS clean it's because I scooped all the mess off into a drawer or a box or a bag and just transplanted it. Speaking of which, I scooped ALL the stuff into a bag and have it out in the trailer and I need to go through it and sort it. It's time to pay bills and there's a mound of mail that had been piled on my desk before it got shoved into the bag. BTW, we got back to Cleveland okay and enjoyed a real good service last night. Brother Bryan moderated; the song service and special songs were really good and anointed and Sister Jackie preached a real good message. We were really blessed.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has a hard time keeping the desk clean, only I don't have a desk, just a corner in the kitchen.

Glad your bake sale went well. Missed the pictures though. :)