Best For Last!  

Posted by cokelady

Guess what?!?!? I not only have a purse (which currently contains my driver's license, a tube of chap stick, and a pack of Kleenex--hey, you've got to start somewhere, right?!), but as of a few hours ago I have a CAMERA, too!!! Wa-Hooooo! James has been looking at this Canon S2 camera for months and--thank the Lord--He just hadn't bought it yet. (If he would have, the losing-the-purse-with-the-camera-inside ordeal would have been a thousand times worse.) Well, he got online and found a great deal on it and it finally came today!!! I AM SOOOOOOO EXCITED! This camera, while not as impressive as some of you true-blue picture freaks' cameras, is amazing. I'm so intimidated already! We're going to have this fantastic thing and never move it from auto mode. There are functions that I've read about several times but still don't understand and I'm sure I'll never use. But it takes great pictures on auto, so it's all good! I'm thrilled with this thing. But just as I'm scared to take my purse beyond the front door, I'm scared to death to even pick this thing up. What if I drop it??? The very thought gives me a severe case of the galloping shudders, makes my lips numb, and induces sweaty palms--the last affliction compounding my fear of touching it. So as excited as I am to be the proud owner of (another) new purse and a fantastic camera, I am now a total basektcase. I did manage to work up the nerve to hold the camera long enough to take a few shots of our fall decor, so as the big grand finale of the historic Plethora of Posts (that's right folks, it has come to an end--please be kind enough to pick up your popcorn containers and left-over Coke before you leave the building), I'll try to post a couple of PICTURES! That's right, Raymone--I'm in the picture business again! Wa-Hoo! ~sigh~ Life is good. Better, once I finally shut up, hu?! And just think, all of you sorry people actually took the time to read all of this (unless you're smart enough to skim), just in case I might have said something about YOU! And I didn't talk about any of you! All I talked about was me, me, me! That'll teach you. (I really don't know why I even have a blog audience... Or if I will anymore after tonight...) Okay, here are the pictures!!!


Here is the piano display

And here is the fireplace display

The next-to-the-front-door display


And the dumb dog with his ridiculous new haircut...display

That's it folks! You're all free to resume your lives at this point. Be sure to stop by again sometime. I'll be sure to go easier (and shorter) on you. ;-)

~The Mad Blogger~
~~Becki~~

 Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on 8:06 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

10 comments

are you talking about the Canon Powershot S2 IS !!! ooooh such a nice camera!! *drools*

It has the awesome twist and swivel lcd screen like mine that i love!

You decorator, you!!!! Cute displays. Like it.

I can't believe I read the whole thing!!! :-) Although I didn't really have the time this morning, I did it anyway. Dad's out loading the Suburban for the trip back to VA and I'm here in the HQ lobby reading and now commenting on your blog. *tee hee* Maybe I should go pack some things for the trip since I'll be gone about a week this time. It's SO confusing living in 2 homes . . . what to take? What to leave?

Great decor, by the way! (Except for the poodle, of course) :)

Yeah, it's the Canon Powershot S2 IS. I didn't give the whole name because I didn't think anybody would know what I was talking about anyway. Silly me! I didn't consider the crowd, I guess! :-) I LOVE THIS CAMERA. James is going to buy a case for it today, so as to help protect it...against me, probably!

Thanks for stopping by, Mom. Although I'm sure Dad didn't appreciate it too much. Poor man. Everything he has on him, then having to do all that packing and loading all by himself. Tsk, tsk, tsk. You should be ashamed. Blogging, of all things! As Karen would say, "FOR SHAME!!!!!" ;-)

Your blogging extravaganza reminds me of this movie I watched once. I kept thinking it was the end but no it just kept going. I think you are blessed with the gift of blog.

Anonymous  

Yup, Haley is correct!
You sure are great at blogging Bek!
i had a great time with your (incredibly long) post. i laughed through most of it.

What kind of camera did you have before?

I love reading your blogs, I smile during all of them. I love the dog too, I'll take him if you don't want him (hehe) don't know if mom and dad would like that though. :-)

Great. Some people have the gift of singing or otherwise ministering to people I have the gift of BLOG? Terrific. I'm sure it'll prove to be a great asset in my future and serve to the betterment of the entire world. What a gift. My Dad always calls these things (blogs) "splats." That would be even better. "I'm a very good splatter!"

And thanks for stopping by, Tayde!!! When are you going to start your own blog (splat?) so we can start keeping up with you and your life???

The previous camera (you know, the one that creepy little guy in the blue jumpsuit ripped off) was a Fuji Finepix, but I don't know the # on it. We'd had it for probaby about 5 years. It's the same camera the Shulers have and Mom and Dad used to have. (I put a sicker of one of the french peas from Veggie Tales on my camera so it wouldn't get mixed up with all the look-alikes at family functions!)

I ask because I hope sometime in the not so distant future my nice husband will buy me a new digital camera. Ours was a gift or I should say reg-iftfrom my cousin's husband. It works okay as long as I don't take pictures at low light, zoom in or out, don't move the camera at all, and make sure my children stay still (ha) while I am taking the picture. I want a fuji camera, I think. Before that creepy guy took your camera were you pretty happy with it? Oh about your gift... Sis Karen calls blogging blabbing so you could say you have the gift of blab if that makes it better.