Relax -- Only One Post!  

Posted by cokelady

That's right, you can all breath a big sigh of relief -- I'm not in the writing mood tonight. That means only one lengthy post instead of 6 or 7 of them. ;-)

Things have been great here, just busy. Aunt Sue called me on Thursday morning and said, "We need help!!! Can you come?!" James had taken Joe with him to Odessa for the day, so I loaded up Katie and Sam and a few toys and headed to the store. She has gotten most of her Christmas freight in and was needing to clear out a section in the front of the store to be able to put it out there. If that doesn't seem like a big deal to you it's because you've never seen her store! It is PACKED front to back, top to bottom, and everywhere in between -- in a cute-not-cluttered sort of way, believe it or not. Anyway, Stacey was working the store that day, too, so that made things doubly fun. She's sooooooo picky. But she's probaby the reason the store always looks so great! Anyway, it was a really fun day and Katie and Sam were both sooooooo good. I think we were there for about 5 hours. It was great!!!

The next day I did lots of cleaning -- got both bathrooms sparkling as well as the kitchen floor. ~aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh~ That's one thing that always makes me feel soooooo good! Sam had to work late that night, so we had Tammy over for grilled burgers and chicken. Then a birthday brownie (she's not a big cake fan) and presents! It was great!!! (By the way, this is the bowl you bought her, Mom! It has a blue flower design on the other side. And you can almost see the cocoa creamer stuff behind the gift bag... that same tired old gift bag Tammy and I have been exchanging on our birthdays for the past 10 or 12 years! Ha!)


After we put the kids to bed Tammy and I got right to work on some serious business: picking up where we left off on our Eternal Rummy game! She passed the 100,000 mark, leaving me back at 96,000 or something like that. It really means that her total is 200,000 and mine is 196,000 because we start over at zero (only figuring the difference in score to keep track) when we reach 100,000 points. ~sigh~ Yep, she's up 4,000+ points on me right now. But what's that in a game of scores like we're dealing with?! :-)

Saturday we threw the kids and some clothes in the car and took off for New Mexico. Got a motel in Alamogordo, spent the night, and went to church there the next morning. It's always so good to be with the Coyazos and the others there. They're always such a blessing to us! After service Brother Tanny insisted on taking us out to the Golden Corral (naturally--it's his favorite!), then we drove over to Hatch for service that night. I miss some of what goes on there because I know so little Spanish, but it never feels like I missed anything. The spirit is always just soooooooo sweet there and there's always such freedom in prayer. I love it there! The people are so wonderful. I just love all of those Banueloses and Sotos! (By the way--where did you go, Tayde?! I didn't get to say goodbye to you after church!) We went over to Brother Banuelos' house after church along with Luis and Kaila (sp?) and Hector and Erika. It was great. It's always such a blessing to visit with them -- and always so fun! They crack me up!!!

Oh, I got ahead of myself! Here are a couple of pictures I on the drive from Alamogordo to Hatch. Can't compare to those Canada shots on some other site, I know (!), but when you live where I do, this looks pretty nice!!! :-)



And here is Luis and Kaila. Or is it Kayla? Or something totally different?! (Help, Tayde?!) She's sooooooo sweet. Katie just jabbered up a storm with her and never realized that she speaks very little English! No matter. If you listen (or even just don't leave), Katie will keep on talking regardless of comprehension.


The kids enjoyed the trip, as always. The boys are learning to be more friendly with the Spanish folks, so that's good. I don't know why, but they've been kind of weird about them in the past! Joe did get a little freaked out when I made him go to Sister Coyazo's Sunday School class in Alamogordo. He was on the verge of tears before we finally figured it out: he thought she was going to teach the kids in Spanish! Ha! I guess for a kid who has tendencies toward being shy anyway it's even more disarming to not be able to understand the other guy. Anyway, they did great and ended up having a lot of fun -- even with Job (Luis' little boy) who doesn't speak any English at all!

Oh, brother. The kids are in bed right now, but Sam just called me. I went to see what the problem was. "Mom, there's a germ on me," he says quite calmly. ??? I told him to brush it off and go to sleep. Looks like Joe is beginning to rub off on him. He's our resident weird-o and is always in a panic about getting germs and such--he washes his hands a dozen times a day. He's obsessed. He even drew a picture of germs for me on this trip and put a sign next to them, then asked, "Hey, Mom... How do you spell The Germ Factory?" Sam kept us entertained on the trip by singing "Happy Twails to zoo, untiw we meet again..." The "z" is pronouced like the z's in Zsa Zsa Gabor though. SOOOOOOOO cute! Got to get the camcorder out and tape that kid for a while before he grows up any more!!!

Okay, it's nearly 10:00 and I'm going to go work on Ladies' Retreat stuff for a while. Until next time...

G'night!!!
~ Becki ~

 Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on 8:37 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

LOL! I had to read that part about the germs to Jacob. That's hillarious! The germ factory! Ha ha!

What a great trip you guys had and such wonderful entertainment as you traveled. You even got a couple great pictures. I really do miss the country down there. When you take as many pictures as I do, you really do start finding a unique beauty in the strangest places. Thanks for sharing them.

Great post, Bec, as always! I'd LOVE to hear Sam's rendition of "Happy Trails." Brother Jared sang "Back in the Saddle Again" on the phone yesterday to his girls. :-) He's moved back to OK to retire about 5 times now, but it doesn't last long before they both get real bored and anxious to get out and DO something! HA!

Thanks for sharing a picture of the present I bought Tammy. :-)