Horne Home Entertainment  

Posted by cokelady

So the other day I was sitting at my desk while James was working in the back yard and the kids were out playing. Suddenly I heard Katie screaming and screeching and squeeling, but it was so excited that I couldn't tell if it was her "fun" tone or her "panic" tone. So I rushed to the back door, just in case. Katie was sitting on the toy tractor, holding on for dear life, legs kicking and flailing everywhere, long hair flapping wildly behind her, screaming at the top of her lungs. Let me clarify something: the tractor was not moving. James was standing about 3' in front of the tractor aiming the leaf blower at her, full force. She was having a BLAST. "Do it some more, Daddy! Do it some more!!!" The boys, naturally, were too chicken to get within 10 feet of their Dad. Manly men that they are.
Yesterday Sam got real excited and started yelling at me, "Fruit loops, Mom! I have fruit loops on my pants!" I looked to see what mess he had made now and found him grinning, with his thumps hooked through his belt loops. Hey, a loop is a loop, right?! Fruit loop, belt loop--same difference.
Just a few minutes ago, Katie and Joe came into my office. Kate was on all fours with a tamborine around her waist and a belt clenched in her teeth. Joe was holding the other end of the belt and "Ho, Ho, Ho-ing" for all he was worth. You guessed it. Christmas has arrived in the Horne household...AGAIN. I'm supposing the tamborine was serving as a "jingle bell" harness of some type for the reindeer. And the kids have been forbidden from putting things around their necks due to their brainless and occasionally violent tendencies (sometimes intentional, sometimes not), so I guess they thought it would be safer to put the belt in Katie's mouth. Well, sure. That way she won't be strangled if Joe yanks on the other end, she'll just lose 6 or 8 teeth instead. Good thinkin', kids! They make me proud.
That's about all the excitement from around here lately. Not really, but it's all I care to share and all you'd want to hear, I'm sure! God's so good to us and I'm thankful for the "lesson" He's teaching me right now. I fear failing Him and am genuinely trying to discover what the right thing to do is. I know that my heart cries out to do God's will. I want the rest of me to follow through! Say a prayer for me, please. Thanks a bundle!
In other news, the 94 year old man and his wife have been to our last two church services and I think they're planning on being with us whenever we meet. They seem sooooooo sweet and they just LOVE the services--especially him. He just weeps and weeps and worships the Lord. Tammy is already SO attached to him! Keep praying for them--God is doing great things!
Well, I'd best get busy. There is a nasty floor in the kitchen and some soapy water and a sponge that all need to get together. I'm the mediator. ~sigh~ Later!

~Rebekah~

This entry was posted on 11:28 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

8 comments

Anonymous  

Ha Ha, great post! I sure had a great time reading it.
Oh, and your layout is pretty cool too, even though i am not much of a coke fan.

Becki, that's so funny, and you have such a great way of putting the words to ... paper??? (no, not a letter)... the screen??? (not a movie, either) ... a blogpost. That's it! Blogpost! You have such a way of putting words to a blogpost.

Your description paints a VIVID mental picture! You must have told Dad to read your blog today because when he called me this afternoon he was reading it, and read parts of it to me. TOO FUNNY!!!

I'm praying for you. Hang in there. God loves you. Keep your eyes on Him.

How'd the mediation go between the soapy water and sponge? Together, were they able to conquer the nasty floor?

Hey you, loved you post! I love hearing all the cute and crazy things that go on in the Horne household! Wish I could wittness it first hand, but blogging is better than nothing.
I was hoping to make it to your ladies retreat, but I don't think it's going to happen. I was so excited, but God knows. The Assembly was such a blessing, and I'm thankful we got to go, but it certainly takes it's toll on the checkbook. There is still a month though, so I guess God could work a miracle. :) Love ya. When is a good time to call you?

Kasey--Me too! Makes me happy.

Lyndi--If you think this blog is over the top, all I can say is YOU SHOULD SEE MY KITCHEN. (And you're going to have to work on your rambling technique if you hope to compete with one of my novels! Ha!)

Tayde--You're offically banned from my blog for the admition that you're not a Coke fan. OFF WITH HER HEAD! (Truth be known, I don't DRINK a whole lot of Coke myself...I just think it looks terrific!)

Amy--It's easy to create a fun post when you've got kids who are nuts. ;-)

Mom--yeah, I gave Dad the address to my blog and had him bookmark it. I knew he'd enjoy reading about the kids. I think it was his first time EVER on a blog! Oh, and YES, I finally conquered the floor last night...just in time for Sam to sling apple juice all over it, and the table, and a chair... GGGRRRRRRR!

Mandie--Does this mean you're back in the blogging world again?! Did your Mom go back home? I guess I'll have to go to your blog and find out. I'll keep praying about the Ladies' Retreat possibilites for you, just in case. :-) YOU NEVER KNOW! As for the phone call, you're welcome to call anytime! I prefer to talk when the kids are in bed, thus reducing the probability of interruptions--but it really doesn't matter. I'm guessing that any time next week would be great. Sound good???

SEE, LYNDI. WHEN YOU GET REALLY GOOD, YOU CAN MAKE A NOVEL OUT OF JUST RESPONDING TO OTHER PEOPLE'S COMMENTS! Cool, hu? Maybe I should start chapter-ing my work. Hhmmm...

Wow!!! Jake & Phil! Great to hear from you guys!!! And terrific profile pictures. (You dorks! Ha!) I'm glad that even with all of the kid craziness that happens in your own household you can still find these types of things humorous. ;-) I agree -- it's definitely time for you guys to come visit. We're ready! Come on!!!

Sounds like Katie has conquered her fear of leaf blowers.

"Find your bells, woman, you're my reindeer!" Must run in the family! Too funny!

Bec--Thanks for e-mailing the message. It will save me some time and typos. ~grin~ I am enjoying figuring out what to put and where to put it, but it can get a little frustrating when you don't really understand the program that you are using. I'm getting there though. When I get stuck, I holler, "JER, HELP!" He has played with so many programs that he can usually figure out what I've done or need to do. Thank goodness for computer literate kids who still live at home. ~hee hee~