Monday, Part 2  

Posted by cokelady

In between all of our movie segments, we did other grand things. Like a pizza party! Complete with Totino’s and Black Cherry Vanilla Coke, and kettle corn to finish it off. All on a tablecloth on the floor of the den, while we watched part 3 of 6 of the movie. It had been a long time since our last pizza party, so it was extra fun.

After that, the kids helped me make a batch of hot rolls/cinnamon rolls. That’s always fun, if a bit messy. The kids love it. I made potato soup for dinner, too. It really isn’t cold enough here to be making soup and rolls for dinner. But it should be, so we went with it. (You just have to pretend autumn in Texas, not to mention winter.) James was a bit disappointed to see only one pan of cinnamon rolls instead of the usual two. His response: “We are not inviting Sam and Tammy over tonight!!!” Ha! That’s my husband. Always thinking of the other guy. ;-) Anyway, we even had punch, so it was kind of like our own little family party! The cinnamon rolls were sooooooooo good. Wow. I was a little disappointed, myself, that I hadn’t made more of them!

I had to call Tammy in the afternoon because I started the rolls, then realized that we’d used all of my eggs for the bake sale and breakfast the next morning. So she immediately hopped in the car and brought me three eggs. What service! Well, that night at about 9:00 she called me for the same favor! She knew James had been shopping that day (what a guy!) and now she was out of eggs (I used her last three) and needed some to make noodles for her Tammy’s Almost World Famous Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. (How’s that for a plug, Tam?!) So I took eggs over to her house and ended up staying and playing games over there until almost midnight. It was terrible. Worst game of my life. I’m not going over to play with them ever again. I’m taking my toys and going home!!!

This entry was posted on 9:14 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

Well, I'm getting all my toys and coming to your house. Wow, a pizza party, black cherry vanilla coke and cinnamon rolls all in one day. What a woman. How could Joe ever maintain a fast with that kind of food in the house? I know you were only offering him a sandwich at the time but come on, he had to know in the back of his mind there was other great stuff to be had if he would just eat the sandwich.

Joe has been a regular eating machine ever since that little "fast" he went on. Worked like a charm! Oooh...is that something Christians should say?! ;-)

Anonymous  

It was the best game for me, You see... I never seem to beat Sam or Becki in ANYTHING...I WON That game. I beat you, I beat you, I beat you. I was very excited.
I kinda like my Chicken Noodle soup myself, It was one thing I can do, Thanks to Cathy Hendricks and Momma Smith, Between the two I do alright.

I can handle losing to you, Tammy. It's that rotten husband of yours and his obnoxious chortling when I go 900 points in the hole--THAT'S what I can't handle. It's really very un-Christian, the way he conducts himself during a game.