Post #1  

Posted by cokelady

Let’s see. Now that I’ve committed myself to “several posts,” I should try to think of something to say. Last time I wrote was on Sunday, right? Since then, it’s been a nice week. Monday was fantastic. It was my first day since “the bad week” last week and I had the bake sale behind me and could get back to normal life a little bit. So I did a few loads of laundry. Good start, hu? I spent a lot of time with the kids, which was much needed. I had checked out Chitty Chitty Bang Bang from the library last week, so we watched it on Monday. Actually, we watched it in 20-30 minute segments throughout the day! That has got to be the longest movie in the whole world!!! It had been years since I’d seen it, so I didn’t want to just set the kids down in front of it. We’re pretty particular about what we allow them to watch and due to our extremely strict censorship, they’re extremely…sensitive, shall we say? Or maybe they’re just wimps. Either way, do you remember that crazy looking “children catcher” toward the end of the movie? The guy dressed in black with a big tall top hat and stringy black hair hanging down from it, a pasty white face and that great big honkin’ nose? Freaky. I’m 29 and I’m still a little scared of him. Besides the scary appearance, his entire purpose is to kidnap all of the children and he succeeds in doing so, locking them in a big cage and carrying them off. A little much for my tender little threesome, I think. So I skipped a little bit here and there and I talked real loud through the parts they did watch, just to keep them a little distracted. Actually, the boys did fine. Katie, however, was a wreck. “MOM!!!! He took the children!!!! And they stole the car! What’s going to happen?!? WHY DID YOU LET US WATCH THIS MOVIE, MOM?!?!?” ~sigh~ That kid is so dramatic. Anyway, I made her sit through the rest of the movie and she was much relieved when they rescued the kids and reclaimed the car.

This entry was posted on 9:16 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

7 comments

THE BIG NOSE CHILDERN CATCHER FREAKED ME OUT TOO!!!

I always liked that movie- wanted to try a tote sweet :D

Katie sings the Toot Sweets song frequently now. I'm really not sure this movie was such a good idea... ;-)

:-D Oh but why lol- I had it going through my head after mentioning it. That was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid.

I love that movie too, i've been wanting to see that for a while now again. I always hated the little weird looking man too I'm 17 and he's scares me!! Katie and I would make good buddies watching movies.

It's a good movie, all in all. Just LONG!!! Dick Van Dyke makes it work, for sure. :-)

My favorite part is when Dick Van Dyke is the Scarecrow and the lady is the Music Box.