Bad Kids???  

Posted by cokelady

If you've been keeping up with this blog at all, you are aware that we have been having some problems with our little angels sneaking out of bed at night to do bad, mischeivious, or downright sinful things. (Back off, Grandmas--stealing is a sin, is it not?! Even if they're only stealing candy from the family candy dish!) Well, tonight I put the sweet little things to bed, then stayed close by for about 10 minutes to make sure nobody was going to try to escape from their bedrooms. Not a peep. They were perfectly still and quiet, so I went out to James' office (a separate building in the back yard) for a few minutes. I stayed longer than I intended and when I came back in the house I noticed that Katie's lamp was still on. I had told her she could read for 10 minutes before bed, but it had been over half an hour since then! I went into her room to find this...

Sam!!! In bed, asleep with Katie! He had gotten out of bed again!!! It's terrible to wake a kid up and punish them (!), but since this has been an ongoing problem I thought I might have to. I hadn't settled on it yet--might just take care of it tomorrow, you know? When I picked him up to return him to his own bedroom, his eyes popped wide open and he said--in the most surprised tone--"Mama!!! Zoo be wiff us??? Zoo not weave us again???" He looked greatly concerned, if not downright scared. And who was it out there that said I'm not failing?!?!? What kind of rotten mother lets her kids think she's left them alone for the night?! I felt terrible!!! I'm guessing he heard me when I went out the back door and began calling for me. Not sure how he came to be in Katie's room, by invitation or his own initiative, but the reason is obvious: he was scared! And Katie, being the little mama that she is, I'm sure was more than happy to take him in and comfort him. ~sigh~ So who's really bad here?! The kids or the Mom??? (Don't answer that.)
 Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on 10:42 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

9 comments

I'm going to play it "safe" so.....

Awwwww, what a CUTE picture. There is nothing like seeing your two children sleeping together like little angels. :)

You are still not a failure. I do know how Sam felt though, the same thing happened to me when I was four...anyway...you had NO idea that he was going to hear you go out the door and THINK that you were leaving him forever. Just be sure to let him know when he wakes up that you would never leave him on purpose. Give him a hug for me!

It is amazing what children hear when they are asleep. With Wilson, you would not dare open a bag of any kind. His eyes would fly open and he would let you know he was not going to miss out on anything. What a handful!!!
Sometimes, I would like to call time back so I could just get the little snuggles we enjoyed as mother and children (Allene also).
Too bad you can only call back those few memories that were very special and so many just gone forever.
Please excuse me for jumping into your blog, I enjoy reading it and it brings to remembrance so many little joys that are just precious.
Love and Prayers
Lois McMahon

Awww, they are so cute, Becki. They look so sweet.

Smile. There's no doubt your kids know you love them ... and how can that be failure?

Okay, Let me be the voice of reason here. Just what kind of mother do you call yourself? Because I tend to agree with most that you are really a good mother. When I think of some children I know being abandoned by their mothers, raised by strangers, even if you do try to starve them, you are there for them in the most crucial times. There are times that what you do for the Lord takes away some of your attention, it is at those times that He, the Heavenly Father, helps watch over them. You really thought I was about to be mean when this began, didn't you? Your children have an immense respect for God. that is the most important treasure a child can be instilled with.

Such a sweet picture! You'll need to scrapbook that one. Mine are 23 & 21 now. Children are so good at only remembering our successes, not our mistakes. Thank God!! (UNLESS they are teenagers and young adults, then they will point them out to you...but you can kick them out by then!! I'm KIDDING LAE!) HA!

Sis. Rebekah,
I emailed you so that you can email me back with your address so I can send you that DVD.

Tammy

Oh yes, I forgot to say....
that neither the mom or the kids are bad! That's my vote and I'm sticking to it :)

Those cute little ones bad?? No Way!!!!~ hehee seeing a picture like that it is hard to believe

To the Bad Mother,
Your children will survive the mistreatment and abuse you've given them. You and Jon did! :-)