Happy Fasting!!!  

Posted by cokelady

I thought I'd help everybody out with our Prayer & Fasting this week for the Assembly. Surely God blesses more when you suffer more, right? Extra points or something, I'm sure. Ha! It's fair for me to play this way 'cause I'm in the middle of my fast, too. I'm not just sitting on the sidelines being cruel to everybody else, you know. ;-)

Saturday was a bittersweet day. Bitter because I had a headache. I never have headaches. Sweet because I slept the day away! Ha! I laid down for two or three hours in the afternoon. Even when I wasn't laying down I was pretty much worthless. If I was sitting or laying down I didn't feel too bad but when I would stand up my head would start pounding. Weird. Makes me glad I so seldom have head problems. (No smart remarks, please.)

The highlight of the day was when Joe lost a tooth--*POOF*--just like that. He had come to me the day before and said he thought he had a new tooth coming in. He'd never lost a tooth before, but he was right--there was a new one growing in behind the others. I felt the one in front and it moved only the slightest little bit. It was just barely loose. Yesterday he was talking about the tooth again and I told him that he needed to get it out of there. He put his finger back behind the barely loose tooth and gave one mighty yank--didn't even grab it, just yanked. I was right in the middle of my lecture. "Joe, that tooth needs to come out to make room for the new one so you've got to start pushing and pulling and shoving and twisting and--" Suddenly a small object came flying across the room and landed at my feet. I thought SURELY NOT. "What was that?!?!?" "I think it was my tooth, Mom!" Ha! I've never seen anything like it!!! Amazing. The thing wasn't even loose, just barely movable and the kid slung it right out of his mouth. He was quite proud of himself...



That was all the excitement we had that day. Or maybe it's just all I can remember because of the headache. I was just really, really thankful that I had stayed up on Friday night working on my Sunday School class, song service, and VLB service for Sunday! I was pretty well set already. Thank the Lord for that!

Sunday was a really good day. We had good Sunday School again. Talked about the tower of Babel. We had a good worship service, too. This makes James just batty, but I get tired of singing only blue book songs all the time. There is nothing in the world like them and I wouldn't want to do without them... but I need something different every now and again, you know?! So I had typed up "I've Been Changed" and "Jesus is So Good to Me." It was GREAT to sing something fresh and it seemed to be a blessing. James preached a good message about temptation.

James took us out to Chili's after church because he wanted to feed us well before we went into our Assembly fast. :-)

My VLB service that night went well, too. I talked about being overcomers and about being transformed by God rather than being conformed to this world. We used Play-Doh and "conformed" it into a block with raised letters. Then we "transformed" it into something new. Aaron made an army tank and his little brother made a terrific little alien. :-) I handed out gold metals at the end of service to remind everybody that we are winners--we will OVERCOME if we do things God's "transformed" way instead of the world's "conformed" way. VLB services are great 'cuz you don't feel bad about pulling out the toys. Ha!

After church last night James decided we were going to McAllister's for dinner. He just discovered that we have one of those in Albuquerque (it's new, actually) and he was very excited. It's located in this snooty looking shopping center that's set up kind of like those outlet malls are... except it's mostly expensive clothing or jewelry stores and stuff. They do, however, have this nifty fountain thing in the center. Water shoots up, sometimes high, sometimes low, sometimes fast, sometimes slow, sometimes in a particular pattern, sometimes just randomly. We were all in our dress clothes, but I told Katie she could run across it and back once. That ended up turning into three times across and back and she was SOAKED! Joe was too chicken to do it, so I grabbed his hand and drug him across and back. Then I had to do the same with sissy Sam. Joe finally went once by himself before we left. It was great fun!



After we were finished at the fountain we took our dripping brood to the Borders bookstore. I'm sure they appreciated that. We scoured the clearance section and ended up walking out with a giant book on how to draw all sorts of things. :-)

Today has been a good day. Got the whole house straightened up (do weekends wreak havoc on other people's houses, or just mine???), vacuumed everything, scrubbed the kids' bathroom and got the laundry all done. As usual, I seem to have fizzled out before I got to the ironing. Maybe tomorrow.

The most exciting news of the day is...

(Insert drum roll here...)

We're being sued!!!

(Ba-dum-bum-ching!)

Yeppers. Our church ladies were served papers today. Looks like the Prophecy church is suing us/them for the church building, court costs, damages, rent, and on and on and on. ~sigh~ It just never ends, does it?! My only concern is for our poor church members having to deal with this. They are all older ladies and things like this really tear them up. As far as I'm concerned, this building is in God's hands. If He wants us to have it, there's nothing anybody can do to take it away from us. If we lose it, then there's a reason and God obviously has something else in mind for us. No biggie. But these ladies have poured their lives and finances into this building for 30+ years and it just eats them up to think of the very people they used to worship with doing this kind of thing. The Prophecy overseer out here has been pretty... well, not nice! And now it comes down to this. So I ask that you please pray for God's will to be done concerning our church building out here. Most of all though, pray for our members, that God will give them divine peace and help them to be able to place it all in His hands and REST in Him.

That's it from here! Thanks in advance for the prayers.

This entry was posted on 7:38 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

15 comments

Sam and I will be praying for God's Will w/the building.
That water thing looks like fun. I saw that on a movie once and I have always wanted to do it, maybe one day I can.
I am so happy for Joe, he lost his first tooth. That us always so fun for kids.

I think that you just HAD to drag Sam across as an excuse for YOU to get to go through it!!! LOL
Hey, when you go on the fast, do your children fast too, or do you feed them, or do you tell them to feed themselves, or what???

Tammy--Thanks for the prayers! Sounds like we're going to need them.

If you ever come visit us we'll take you to the fountain and you and I can have FUN! :-)

Connie... Connie Peter??? You're right. I was dying to run through the fountain--it was great to have kids there to use as an excuse! :-)

As for fasting, I don't make the kids fast with me. (They'd never make it on these extended fasts! --I barely do! Ha!) I tell them ahead of time when I'll be fasting (and James too, if it's one that I'm doing on my own) and let them all know to plan accordingly. In other words, "Don't expect dinner!" Ha! The kids are old enough now that they fend for themselves pretty well--cereal, sandwiches, left-overs. I do help them with the things they need help with, but I try to keep it real simple. :-)

I love that you changed your template to pizza. I almost did the same thing due to the fasting. I am glad you did. It's great.

Oh, what a little CREEP you are!! YOU won't get any "extra points" for defrauding all the fasting people out there. Some people's kids, I tell ya.

Hey, I'm ONE of "those fasting people"! That makes it all fair. ;-)

Pizza I can resist. I guess I'll change my blog to CHOCOLATE!!!!!

hA

The Cogop overseer told a licensed minister that he couldn't preach on perfection or One Fold. That those topics were for pastors and overseers only and that he needed to go back to his church and apologise to the congregation for teaching this.

He brought his messages to our Pastor and was told..."looks like good The Church of God messages to me and nothing to apologise about!" The family of 5 joined our church the next Sunday.

We will be praying for the Church in Albuquerque. The pizza is JUST Wrong, just wrong I tell you!!! :(

I hate to hear that about the Church there, but you're right. God may have something greater in store. Did you hear about the church in Niles, MI? Awesome testimony to how God takes care of His Church. Will be praying for the situation.

As for the pizza??? I'd have to agree with Sister Smith and Wendy. Definitely WRONG, Becki. Just wrong.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the pizza so much. I've never thought about having an online pizza party before, but I'm kind of getting the feeling everybody will be calling for delivery at the end of this week! Ha! I've got my eye on that Hawaiian one with the big, juicy slabs of pineapple and the soft, warm ham on top of all that ooey-gooey cheese... Mmmmmm! (I must admit that I AM taking a little bit of ungodly pleasure in the fact that today is my last of the three fast days while the rest of you are only on day two. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! (Do I lose credit for my fasting by being creepy about it???) Seriously, God will reward you sooooo much more for your suffering. You should visit my blog on the hour, just to make sure you get the full affects of your sacrifice. Really, I'm just trying to help. ;-)

Sister Tammy, I haven't had a chance to read your Convention report yet (working on the Regional Paper right now and only taking short little breaks--like this one!), but I look forward to hearing all about it!

Sister Wendy, thanks for the prayers--we REALLY need direction to know what the Lord would have us to do. And... enjoy the pizza. :-)

Amy, I don't know that I've heard about the Niles, MI church. Do tell! And why is it that nobody seems to appreciate my Fasting Blog for the blessing it is intended to be?!

I would email you but, somehow I didn't write your email down and I evidently forgot which blog has it on there...Could you email me vicky4659@cox.net....Thanks!!!

Oh, happy birthday!!!! :-)

Happy Birthday Becki! Hope your day is fantastic!