Family Camp 2008!  

Posted by cokelady

I realize that Camp happened a month ago, but I never did post about it! I wanted to wait until I was sure all of the campers had received their Camp paper before I plastered all the great photos all over the Internet. But now it's time to plaster! :-) I'm too busy (I prefer "busy" to "lazy") to pick out all of the best pictures and post them individually, so I thought it best to just post pictures of the Camp paper itself. If you click on them they should enlarge enough for you to be able to make everything out okay. I hope. James wanted to print the paper on glossy magazine-like paper, so it was hard to take pictures of it without getting a glare. Nonetheless, here it is! Everything you wanted to know about Camp and more! (If you don't wanna read the whole thing--or can't make it out--the highlights are the page with the "Death of a Beloved Friend," the Wednesday Service page, and the Late Night Weirdness picture page. Those are my favorites, anyway!) Enjoy!!!




















There are 119 pictures there. That's far more than you would have gotten had I tried to post them individually. Of course, they're not all MY pictures. My secret crew of photographers worked long and hard to get some of these to me, so big thank you's to C.C., D.H. & G.A. Actually... Chris, Dustin and Grace were taking pictures for their own personal pleasure, but I was able to nab their camera cards and swipe their pics. Thank you all, nonetheless! ;-)

This entry was posted on 10:12 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

11 comments

Wow! I'm impressed. Those pictures of the paper turned out very well! I can even READ it. Cool. Good job Becki! Thanks for the paper, by the way, I haven't got to read it yet, maybe when we get back from our camp I will have time. :)

That us pretty cool. You can read it and everything. If ppl want to take the time, they will get to read a greta paper. The pictures llok great too.

sorry for all my typos. It drives Sam crazy.

Hey! I just wanted to say that I have reallyyyy been missing camp and our camp starts tmrw but it won't be the same! I'm really glad I got to come and meet all of ya'll! Looking at this took me back to that amazing week and I smiled the whole time! :) And it looks GREAT so thanks!

Thanks for stopping by, Cindi! I'm really glad you were able to make it to our Camp, too. Making plans to come back next year, right?! :-)

By the way, we called Rob & Amy to ask where to send your camp paper. Amy said to send it to her. If you haven't received one it's not 'cause I didn't think of you--it's because your aunt is a slacker. HA! (Just kidding, Amy, if you're out there!) I'm so glad ALL of you were able to come to Camp. Hope to see you at the Assembly!

Great job on the paper! You did an amazing job. --You ARE going to post the link to the YouTube video you posted, aren't you? It's SO GOOD!!! What a blessing!

I LOVE looking at the "magazine" you sent us. ;) There are some hilarious pictures in there! It makes me look forward to next year!

I had no idea James had posted that! He's been working on it off and on for a while now but kept running into kinks. He finally got 'em all worked out last night though! :-) I've posted it above.

I know, Grace--I'm usually SICK of whatever "paper" I've worked on for so long, but I keep picking up the Camp paper and laughing at the pictures, too! It just makes me happy! :-)

Wow! That is what camp is suppose to be like. Laughter, tears, lives changing, battling the enemy and conquering. It looks like you have a GREAT bunch in your region.

I loved the "paper". You made me feel like I was there.

I will forever love the camping program. It's one of the greatest outreach tools, as well as a bonding time for everyone there.

I agree, Sister Nowling--it's what Camp is SUPPOSED to be like. We had a real struggle last year and it really didn't feel like our usual Camp at all. I think everybody went in a lot more prayed up and READY this year. And God sure blessed!!! And you're right... we have a GREAT bunch in our region! :-) And there is just nothing like Camp to enjoy being with one another and the Lord!

The paper looks great, Becki. Maybe you can give me some pointers on how you do your paper ... what program you use for layout, etc. I'm really looking forward to my new work. (see recent blog post)