FROM JAMES  

Posted by cokelady

Oh, to blog. Blog, blog. What is a blog? Doesn't sound very good. Hhmmm... A blog.

Hi to everybody out in Blogville. How's the weather? Hhmmm. Blogs are fascinating, aren't they? Sure wish I had a blog. Nobody would ever post on my blog. Hhmmm. What's your favorite color? So the other day I was watching Newhart. My favorite guys are Larry, Darrel and Darrel.

Let's see. Something interesting... Let me ramble. I can't think of anything to ramble about.

So, this morning I wanted an Egg McMuffin. I pulled up and got in line at the drive through at 10:23, two or three cars in front of me. Of course, they take their time. I finally get up to the window at 10:28. The girl says, "One moment, please." Another 30 seconds or so lapses and I say, "I would like a #1 combo, Egg McMuffin, please." And the girl says, "We've already switched over to lunch." This frustrated me greatly. I said, "McDonalds is supposed to serve breakfast until 10:30. Perhaps I should call your superiors." And I left the vacinity.

A little father down the road my wife informs me that we're supposed to get fireworks. Have you ever been in a fireworks store? It's a little overwhelming. I walk in, there are bombs as big as me, all kinds of fireworks everywhere, fountains, M-80's. It's so hard to find a sparkler. After about 10 minutes of searching, knowing my wife is not happy with me 'cause I'm taking so long, I finally asked a lady, "Do you have any sparklers?" She said, "Oh, yes, we've got some. They're down at the end of this aisle." So I walk over and see a couple of boxes of sparklers amidst the giant firework bombs all around me. I pick up two boxes of sparklers and head for the counter. Have you ever felt embarassed about buying just sparklers? I get in line with two very small boxes of sparklers. There are three carts in front of me all filled with bombs and large fireworks. Finally it's my turn. My total: $2.15. They lady must have felt sorry for me because she began to throw other items into my bag. I ended up with two fountains, a couple of flower things, four M-1,000's, and a few other items. I proceeded out of the store and headed just a few miles down the road to Clines' Corners.

Have you ever noticed how people are so impatient? One lady was really frustrated there because there were only two stalls in the ladies' bathroom and a considerable line out the door. She said, "There are billboards up and down this highway, and only two stalls in this joint." She proceeded to tell the manager how she felt. I told my wife, "See, Bec, it's Cholerics that make the world go 'round. Aren't you thankful you married one?" And my wife gave me a big kiss and said, "Yes, honey. I'm so glad I married such a great guy as you."

What is a blog, again? Everybody in Blogville, have a good day. And in my best Willy Wonka voice, "Good day, sir."

P.S. -- On our way to Tammy's house, Bec told me that Tammy was going to make pork chops. I proceeded to say, "I'll make you a bet. $5 says they're hard and crusty." Bec proceeded to defend Tammy, but she refused to take me up on my bet. Needless to say, we arrived to a very nice, homecooked dinner--pork chops perfectly cooked, tender and juicy--which we enjoyed very much. That's really the end.

AND FROM BECKI...

I just have to clear up a few things... My recollection of the Egg McMuffin incident is a little differnt than James' version. As I recall, James began ordering at 10:29. The teenage girl was nice and sweet and very apologetic. "I'm sorry, sir--we've already switched over to lunch." I don't recall the words, "Perhaps I should call" anywhere in the conversation. I remember it more like, "You're supposed to serve breakfast until 10:30--I'll be calling to inform your superiors." It's amazing what the loss of an anticipated Egg McMuffin can do to a man.

As for the irate lady at Clines' Corners, James' story was right on... until he recited our conversation. But I'm sure anyone who knows us already knew that! Ha! I remember the words "Cholerics" and "jerks" being used interchangably a few times. ;-)

As for the pork chops... I'm sorry to admit that his story was completely accurate. I did defend Tammy, but didn't have quite enough faith in her to put my money where my mouth was. I personally have a hard time getting chops cooked just right (I struggle with the hard, crispy thing!), so I was scared to follow through. ~sigh~ I couldn't been $5 richer. Ha!

Okay, so we're at Sam & Tammy's now, we're having fun, and I'm DONE with the computer. I've been meaning to blog--even started one the other day--but things have been crazy and I just haven't had a chance. I'll try to do better... but not until we get back home! (We'll be here until Saturday.) Until then...

~Bec~

This entry was posted on 9:56 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

hehe.. that was funny. i remember from my fast food days, we served breakfast until 11 but would start changing over at 10:45. But!!! we'd go and keep a panful of eggs and sausage for those stragglers that came along at 11:05 and wanted breakfast. you should have heard how grateful some of those people were. you would've thought that i'd handed them a check for $1000 instead of a sausage biscuit.

how do you cook your chops? i usually cook them in the oven in their own juices and pour mushrooms and onions that had been cooked in butter over them. the secret is put aluminum over the pan so that they don't dry out- that's what my momma taught me.

take care- and no, they never have enough bathrooms, no matter where you go

A post from JAMES?!?!? Too weird!
Ah,...Clines Corners. Such a lovely spot. *raised eyebrow* I remember it well. A little too well, sad to say.
I'm glad you made it safely to Tammy's and that your dinner was delicious. She's turning into a great cook! Who'd have known? ;-) Practice makes perfect, Tammy. Keep up the good work! You'll soon have a reputation for being "one great cooker"!