Ho-Hum  

Posted by cokelady

Nothing much to report here. But you know me... I can ramble anyway. :-)

Yesterday the kids worked outside a lot. They've been collecting medium sized rocks to surround the play fort area and also to line different paths around the property. They worked hard and got a lot done! We don't pay the kids any allowance or anything like that, but James gave them each .75 cents for their hard work. They were sooooo excited!

I can't remember much of anything that I did! I've been managing to keep the house in decent shape, so there haven't been any big projects to accomplish.

For dinner last night James loaded us all up and took us to Burger Boy. He even got us ice cream cones afterwards. :-) We came home and watched the new Veggie Tales. (James had brought it home yesterday afternoon.) I was pretty disappointed. It wasn't any better than the Wizard of Ha's. Oh well. They hit a slump every now and again, but they always seem to bounce back with something really great like Gideon. :-)

After devotions today I went to Albuquerque to shop and left the kids home with James. Yes, you heard that right! I went to town ALONE!!! While James watched the kids!!! Wa-Hoo!!! Can't even remember the last time that happened, but I know it was at least a few months before we left Andrews. ~sigh~ It was great. Sometimes you just need to get away for a little while, you know? It helps you feel more kindly toward your family when you come home, right, Em?! ;-) Anyway, it was great. I wasn't gone just real long, but I was able to take care of some important business and I was able to do it ALONE. :-)

The kids have been talking up a storm with the neighbors around here (our fence line borders three other yards), but I've never actually met any of them. I don't get out much, you know?! Anyway, there is a father and two grown sons who are fixing up one of the houses to sell and they've been working on it a lot the past couple of weeks. I finally met them today and one of the boys told me how relieved he was to finally meet me. He was beginning to think that the kids didn't have any parents and just lived in the house all alone. Ha! They are outside all the time and I never am. He also said that today is the first time he's ever seen "the little one" (Sam) when he wasn't in some sort of costume. I wonder if this is the guy Sam met a while back... He came running into the house saying, "Mom, I met the neighbor--he's nice!" I turned around and beheld a little boy with a pirate patch over his eye and a bushy beard hanging from his chin. HA! "Greeeeeeat, Sam!" Anyway, all of the guys are really nice, especially the one son. He invited us to come over to the house and check out the work they've gotten done, so the whole family did that tonight. They do AMAZING work. Their work is top-notch and very classy. Not "me" at all! Ha! I, personally, prefer the rustic, old-fashioned look. (It's a good thing--'cuz that's all we can do!!!), but I amire the amazing craftsmanship that these guys produce. They shouldn't have any trouble at all when they put the thing on the market.

After visiting with the neighbors and checking out their house we drove down to Charlie's to pick up a few things. He had some good looking fruit--and was cheaper than Wal-Mart--so we bought a bunch. I came straight home and made some peach-pineapple jam tonight. Yum! Can't wait to try some tomorrow. :-)

Well, that's all of my not-so-exciting news. Oh--we finished Charlie and the Chocolate Factory a day or two ago. Katie and Joe loved it. Sam only lasts for a little while before he's ready to be up doing something. He's not much of a book or movie guy--too much sitting still for too long! He's a man of action, I guess! Anyway, that's about it from here. Have a great night!


~Bec~

Since this is a pretty boring post, I'll add my favorite Sonic commercial here at the bottom.



"May I sub-respond before you finish?" HA!

This entry was posted on 10:52 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

5 comments

tee hee hee hee

I have been in touch with some of our "good ol friends" from Lee who seem to remember some very distinctly mischevous shenanigans in James's past.

One in particular had to do with a certain water sprinkler at the TN Aquarium. And another involves a certain somebody's answering machine (Bill Woodruff AND his roommate) Remember, James?

You're right, Becki. How quickly we forget. :-) tee hee hee

Anonymous  

Amy,

I think perhaps you are confusing me with the likes of Al Pruitt, Jason Stiltner, B.J. Hightower, Jonathan Naicker, or Louis "Marriott" Morales to name a few. HA! Those were fun days for all of us, including you! Just remember that I could also bring up numerous shenanigans that you were involved in, but I will refrain.

Perhaps one or two...HA!

So, who have you been in contact with? Where are they living and what are they up to now?

-James

Sam not in costume??? I can't imagine. I am so proud of you for meeting your neighnor.

Sam and I sat down just the other night and watched all the Sonic commercials we could find, we did not find that one you put on. We persoanlly liked the "trucker one" did you see that? The commercials are much more fun when you have meet the guy.

Thanks, Amy, for reminding dear old James of his past; it's good for him. :-)
I, too, am glad you finally met a neighbor in person and I'm also relieved that the neighbor's boy didn't have to call in Social Services to report 3 orphans living on their own.

My pleasure, Sister Smith. ha ha ha

And, James, no, I don't believe I'm confusing you with any of those guys, although they did take part in plenty of shenanigans of their own. Many of which YOU had a part. *ahem* :-)

Aundria and David are in KY now. They're working with the Salvation Army and have actually become officers in that organization. David just began pastoring a church with their organization earlier this month. They've also been on several mission trips in the past few years: South Africa, India, Israel, and a couple of European countries. They have one little boy named Emmanuel and Aundria just found out she's pregnant with their second.

Eric Hightower lives in Springfield, MO, and he and his wife have an infant little girl named Elizabeth. I believe he's still in youth ministry, not sure which organization.

BJ, I think, still lives in Cleveland. Don't know much more than that, though.

Those other guys I haven't heard from. I do live in South Bend, though. Do you remember going to South Bend with the MA? It's where Bill Woodruff's from. I sometimes wonder if I'll bump into him one day.

I know you could bring up some shenanigans I was involved in. But I'm not the one claiming not to have been involved in any.

tee hee hee

Have a great night, James. :-)