Soooooooooo Thankful!!!  

Posted by cokelady

Okay, so it's been several days since I've blogged and I finally have the time to do it... and I have NO IDEA what to say. I know I've said before, "things have been crazy around here lately." Well, I take back every time I ever said that--I had no idea what I was talking about. NOW, things have been crazy. Beyond crazy. And today has been a day like no other.

Let's just start by saying that I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo thankful!!! For everything in my life. God is sooooooooooo good to me and I am soooooooooooo blessed and I've never felt more gratitude before in my entire life. I came home from a certain experience today, almost ran in the house to hug and kiss my husband and tell him how very, very, very, very glad I am that I married him and how very, very, very, very happy I am to live here in this house with him and to have our wonderful children and to know God and to have the peace that we have in our home and, and, and... I just can't begin to express it.

I met some people today that... I can't find any better way to say it, so honestly, they CREEPED ME OUT. I am not an easily creeped person (gotta love that phrase) and I'm the one always telling James to relax and not think the worst of people, they're not all out to get you, blah, blah, blah. Well, today I'm the one locking the doors and closing the blinds! Ha! I can honestly say that I have never before felt what I felt today around these people. I didn't feel fear, really, just... creepy!!! I was soooooooo bothered that I was still shaken by it hours later. I struggled with guilt in the beginning over what I was feeling--knowing the great love that God has for all souls and that I should have, but all I could feel was creepy, creepy, creepy. I was praying (and still am) for God to help me to love their souls as He loves their souls. But through the wise counsel of my husband, pastor, and General Overseer (I have connections--HA!), I have come to get over the guilt! They all feel like--since I am not the kind of person to feel this way and since I felt it so very strongly--it must be an unction from God and to take it very seriously; that I was probably detecting some "spirits" and God was letting me know to keep my distance from what could potentially be a very dangerous situation. I can love the people and pray from their souls, but there are some times that you have to do it from a distance. Well, I'm all for that, let me tell you!!! Yee-ee-ee-ee-ee! Gives me the heeby-jeebies just thinking about it. And I am worn out. It has been a very, very long day and I'm soooooooooo glad it's almost over. Surely tomorrow will be better, right?! ;-)

Okay, on to my LIFE. I can't tell you everything I've been up to--for several reasons. One is that there's no time to cover it all. Another is that it's just not time to tell everything yet. But it will be very soon. Draw your own conclusions. ;-) The biggest happening around here is that Brother Ellis passed away yesterday. Yesterday--WOW. It seems like at least a week or two ago!!! We got the news during Church service, so as soon as we finished we all went up to the nursing home for a little while. Sister Elizabeth is doing well, all things considered, but she could really use all the prayers she can get. She's got some big life changes now that he's gone and we all just want God's very best for her. Anyway, we brought her home to stay with us last night and helped her get some things taken care of today. She's with her family here in town now and is planning on living with them. The funeral will be Wednesday morning.

Tammy has been gone since this past Wednesday and will be home tomorrow night. She had really gotten close to Brother Ellis and I'm sure she's taking it really hard that she was away during this time. Yet, through it all, we all feel so thankful that Brother Ellis is in heaven right now, free from all of his earthly troubles. And how wonderful that God led him to us and helped him to re-discover The Church of God "just in time" so that he could be a member of her before he died! God is just sooooooooo good.

Okay, this hasn't been the brightest, cheeriest post I've ever written. (Hey Jenna, can you whip me up a dark, gloomy looking template that I can slap up on occasion when I have nothing but glum things to write about?! This cheery cherry one just seems out of place tonight! Ha!) But this is the story of my life the past few days. Actually, it's only the story of a very small part of my life the past few days, but you just can't and shouldn't share everything, right?! Believe it or not, I left out a lot!!! ;-) I'll try real hard to have a better day tomorrow so I can have a happier post tomorrow night. Assuming I get a chance to post tomorrow night. Isn't the suspense just killing you?! Ha! I've got you now! Now I know you'll all be back tomorrow to check and see what may or may not be here! Bloggers are such suckers. ;-) G'night!

~Rebekah~

This entry was posted on 8:24 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

5 comments

Hoping you'll have a better day today. Heed the Spirit and SEPARATE yourself from the bad spirit you felt yesterday.

Just so you know, I showed your e-mail to Brother Jimmy this morning. He chuckled and fumbled around trying to come up with various lame excuses, but they weren't very impressive. Bless his heart.

Anonymous  

Pitiful, huh? Hey, with a wife like mine, who thrives on competitiveness, I've got to relish every victory.

So you were really CREEPED OUT? I'd love to hear more about that one. How does it compare with my Country Buffet stories? Write me, you've definitely peaked my curiosity.

What a clif hanger and there is no promise that you will even tell us what creeped you out. My curiosity is also peaked.

I very rarely get creeped out but I have run into 1 or 2 people who do that to me.

This is such a cruel form of punishment to all your dedicated readers. I leave you with this parting note...what goes around comes around. One day, you will be on the edge of your seat when someone PULLS the rug from underneath you. *sigh* okay, I feel better ;) Just kidding by the way.