A Plethora of Pictures!  

Posted by cokelady

So this post should be somewhat enjoyable, even for those who don't take the time to read. Enter: Ray Adams. ;-) We'll get to the pictures in just a minute, but first let's see if I can recall what we've been up to around here.


Hhmmm. I guess not! Okay, so it's on to the pictures! The only thing I remember doing yesterday (aside from school and the house stuff) is helping the kids build a really great track for their trains. It takes up so much space and the mess drives me batty, so we don't get 'em out very often. But this set is just so versatile and so cool!


We all played with that for quite a while. The mess is still there today, but it's not exactly intact anymore. Another reason we don't get this set out very often! We'll probably rebuild it again tomorrow morning and let 'em have another day with it, then put it all away until next time.

Katie did great in school yesterday, just so you know. :-) Yep, this time it was Joe who was not cooperating. Why can't they both have a good day on the same day?! It would be sooooooo nice!!! Joe just was not in the mood to do school and tried every trick in the book to get out of it. Before long he was saying, "I don't want to do school today, Mom--can't I just be dumb???" It made me think of Melissa's twins. One of them was grumbling about his school work one day and suddenly became concerned and asked his Weese, "Mom, do they have school in heaven?" She assured him that there was no school in heaven. He was greatly relieved. Then he got a sly smile and asked, "Do they have school in hell?" Ha! Could you die?! What a crazy kid!!! (It's sad that Melissa doesn't keep up on her blog better--I would love a steady string of stories like that!) Anyway, Joe didn't want to take the time to do anything right--just wanted it done. The answer to one question was "night" and he asked, "Can't I just write 'day'? It's shorter!" Oh, brother. He did manage to finish everything up and it didn't kill him after all. Or me either!

Did you know there is a reason why tubes of Super Glue come with the plastic lid not on yet? The tube is sealed by a thin piece of foil, but the lid isn't actually on. I don't know what causes the phenomenon, but when you put the lid on before the foil is removed, the tubes leak. I know, because I did just that. I opened the pack (two tubes) and went ahead and screwed the lids on so I wouldn't lose them (I know me!) and tossed them onto my desk. Shortly thereafter I sat down and noticed them sitting in little puddles. I scooped them up and did my best to clean them, but how in the world are you suppsed to clean Super Glue schmozz??? I was actually able to get most of the gunk off of my desk (it's covered in glass), but didn't have the same luck with my fingers. I've got a streak of long, hard, crusty schmozz on my index finger that is just going to have to wear off over the next few days. I tried to peel the glue off, but it had formed quite an attachment and wasn't going to leave without taking some serious flesh with it. Live and learn. I ought to know. Since Sam came into our family I've used more tubes of Super Glue than I had in the previous 26 years of my life. For real!!!

Back to the pictures. I took these last night as we were putting the kids to bed. This is the nightly post-devotions tickle ritual.



And I took this today. Look closely. See anything unusual???


Here's a closer shot, just in case you missed it...

That's right, folks, my children have found a way to grow their very own weapons in the back yard!!! Or something like that. This was Joe's doing. I told him he's just going to have to wait for the next big storm to knock it out of there for him 'cuz I'm not going up after it! A sword in the tree. Of all things.

We've been doing this thing with the kids where we give them a sticker on their charts when they do something really good--usually something that exhibits good character such as sharing toys without being ordered to or helping somebody else clean up their mess "just because," --just anything that is genuinely kind. When they get five stickers in a row, we do something fun--like have a pizza party or ice cream cones in the backyard. When they fill up their whole chart (20 stickers, I think) we do something really special, like go to Chuck E. Cheese or something. Well, Katie and Joe both filled up their entire charts this past week (Sam is lagging way behind--imagine that!) and we decided to get them something special this time instead of going somewhere special. So here they are with their much appreciated loot...

Joe got a new Garfield 3-pack book. He was soooooooo excited! He's had it for two days now and I think he's probably read the whole thing already!!!

And Katie had her eye on this $4 Amish doll, so James picked brought it home for her tonight. She hasn't put it down yet!



Okay, I've got something really great to tell you. Are you sitting down?!?!? (I can't recall ever seeing anybody standing while checking out the blogs, but you never can be too careful!) You will never believe what I did today!!! I can't believe what I did today. I'm so proud of me!!! I deserve a Vanilla Coke. Or two. ;-) Okay, okay, I could tell you, but I'd rather show you, so here ya' go!





I realize that bloomers are meant to be used as an undergarment and not to be put on display, but how could I not display this?! I whipped out four pairs of bloomers today!!! How could I not show you what I've done?! And good ole' Katie--always ready to strike a pose. Or six or eight. Anyway, I had HAD it with crazy Katie and her complete lack of grace and decency and was determined that we were not going to keep being exposed to her ghandi's every time she took a tumble or wrestled with the boys. Or threw a ball. Or just sat down. Or about anything else. (The girl's got less decorum than a water buffalo.) Anyway, she's been needing these for a long, long time. And I did it!!! I actually did it! I made the first pair to make sure they would fit. (I had to come up with my own pattern.) When they did, I dug out three more scraps of fabric and just went to town! And get this... I didn't use a seam-ripper all day long!!! (I must confess that there toward the end I had to take out just three or four little threads, but I used my scissors so I'd be able to blog that I didn't touch the seam-ripper--and I didn't!!!) ~sigh~ Where's my Coke...

Okay, enough is enough. I'll spare you any more. After this. I was reading Joe's Garfield book with him yesterday (I think we should buy him a new book every time he fills his chart--it's a reward for him and Mom, too!) and I CRACKED UP when I saw this picture!!! It was one of those things that just gets funnier and funnier the longer you look at it. Isn't it great?! HA! Emilee, be sure to show Jon. If nobody else out there appreciates it, I know he will. :-)


Still Laughing,

~Bec~

This entry was posted on 7:33 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

6 comments

I have been meaning to comment, but I always have too much to say, so I back out. I'm having trouble being brief lately. :-)

Speaking of brief...

I thought "bloomers" were short and poofy and "pantaloons" are long and non-poofy? Have I been sadly mistaken? Way to go though! Your own pattern and everything! I've heard stories of you showing off your own bloom-aloons or whatever so I'm not too shocked at the pics of Katie. :-)

Oh, and a belated thank you for recommending National Treasure! I found it at the library and I just would have NEVER even thought that it was something I'd watch from looking at the cover (an action/adventure movie that is clean?!? No way!) but I recalled you saying something about it on here, so I gave it a try (after looking it up on screenit.com, just in case!). I LOVE IT!!! I could have done without the frozen corpse, and the bones, and without the low-cut party dress (don't look Brad, she's leaning over the map!) but otherwise I was extremely impressed! I hope that the sequel will be as good... I felt like they exposed the Mason background of our forefathers rather than jump on the bandwagon with it... ya know? Hopefully they will keep that up.

Thanks for giving honest reviews on movies, and CARING about not putting any evil thing before your eyes. Some might say you're silly but I appreciate it.

Anyhooo, that's my comment for the month! :-)

This comment has been removed by the author.

Hey Rachel! You're welcome to comment here any time, brief of not. (Looks like we've got lots of breifs floating around here anyway!) Anyway, I don't know if poofiness has anything to do with it or not, but you're right about the short bloomers, long pantaloons thing. I always wore the long ones, but we always called them bloomers due to the funny looks and questions when you use the word "pantaloons" around modern folk who know nothing of such things. (At least most folks have heard of "bloomers"!) Not that it was often a topic of dicussion, but you know! And I'm mildly shocked that you've "heard stories" of me revealing my own bloom-aloons... Wha??? For starters, that just doesn't sound very good (!), and secondly, I'm racking my brain and can't think of WHO on earth you could have heard such a thing from or WHAT they could possibly be referring to!!! You'll have to jog my memory... but perhaps in a private e-mail??? ;-)

As for National Treasure, YOU'RE WELCOME!!! I was sooooooo impressed with it when we first saw it. I love the whole action/adventure thing but, like you said, you can't ever watch anything like that 'cuz it's just not going to be clean. The two scenes of "remains" didn't bother me (they were still far from being "gory" and they were both so brief--ooh, there's that word again!), but I agree about the party dress. Still, even that scene is so BRIEF (!). FUN SHOW. And I agree--the Mason stuff was interesting, at best. Anyway...

Help me out, Rachel--don't wait a whole month to comment next time--my reply to your comment is long enough to be a post of it's very own!

"Modern Folk" LOL :-)

Don't worry, the story I'm referring to isn't bad, just amusing. :-) I'll e-mail you the details soon. :-)

Well, well, well, you have finally had pity on this old bald man! How you say? First by using a LARGER font for which my failing eye sight is very thankful, and 2nd by the PICTURES, you really do care, oh wait a minute, let me wipe the tears from my eyes! OK, I'm better now thanks for the concern. Oh, WAIT the tears are coming back, I was fine until I seen those awful "Larry Boy" PJ's now how WRONG is that, poor, poor, poor, Joe! Don't worry Joe, Brother Ray still loves ya! Well, I rarely respond to these but since you CALLED ME OUT by NAME, I felt I had to at least thank you for the pity you've taken for this ole man! Miss ya!

Hey, Bec, GREAT pictures again. And I'm so PROUD of you for your sewing accomplishment! Congratulations! They don't look like there's much wiggle room. I hope she doesn't rip them out too quickly. Those are some great poses. If they survived all those poses, they should last for a while. You did GOOD!!! --I love the cartoon. That picture looks eerily familiar--much like some we have of OUR Jon in the same position. *tee hee*