Mosey Monday  

Posted by cokelady

First of all, here's our Sunday School craft from yesterday. We learned about Isaac and Rebekah and how the servant prayed and found Rebekah at the well. We made our wells out of soup cans, construction paper, pipe cleaners, pencils, yarn, and plastic communion cups. It was supposed to be the "cups" from egg cartons, but I had thrown our carton away a few days ago! Anyway, I thought they turned out cute. Sam enjoyed filling his can with water and sending the "bucket" down to retrieve some over and over again. :-)


When I woke up this morning, this is how I found the boys. Piled on Sam's bed with a bunch of toys and books. Joe was reading a book to Sam about King Cobras. (And I know--we've got to paint over those crazy walls! Ha!)


It's been a nice, relaxing day today--a much needed one. In light of all of our recent travels and the time the kids have spent sitting still in church or strapped into a vehicle, I decided it would be best to just let them RUN this morning instead of trying to corral them for school. I was able to get some laundry started and a few odds and ends around the house.
While I was busy in the house, the kids were working hard outside. They took it upon themselves to build a new pond "for Mom and Dad!!!" They were soooooo excited. Cute, hu?! :-)


We finally rounded up the troops and had devotions at about 11:30. Afterwards we had lunch, then headed into school. We took it nice and easy and had a few breaks here and there. We didn't actually finish until about 4:30, which is a new record for us. That's WAY late! That's okay though. We needed to take it nice and slow, I think. I got all of the laundry done, but fizzled out before I ever picked up the iron. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. I did manage a casserole for dinner tonight, but I'm DONE now. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the rest of my evening, but I'm fairly determined that it shouldn't be too productive. Thus the blog! Ha! Katie is playing a game on the computer right now and the boys are just finishing up with their bath. We'll have devotions in a few minutes and get them to bed.
Oh--I forgot. I was in the bedroom today and heard all kinds of crazy racket coming from the living room. I went to check it out and this is what I found--James bouncing a big box violently on his knees.

Of course, it was only a matter of moments before a very giggly Sam emerged, quite dizzy, but having a great time!

And that's about it for our day. And WOW--I posted two days in a row! Yeah, me! :-)

This entry was posted on 8:01 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

What a surprise!!! I just came to your blog to check your list and see if anybody had posted lately and here you are with a new post yourself!!! GOOD JOB!!! Great pictures, too. You're the good one. How long will it last?

Its hard to come to your post Sister Becki. It makes me miss the west so much more but love stopping by and reading up on how you and the family are. You always have great pictures and commentary. :) God bless you.

I had planned to be The Good One again tonight, Mom, but I'm not sure I'm going to pull it off! Oh well... maybe I'll hit three days in a row another time. :-)

Good to hear from you, Sister Marcia! Hope all is well with you poor folks stuck out east. KIDDING--I'm JUST KIDDING! Ha! ... Sort of. ;-)

I THINK (now I'm not positive and don't hold me to it) but I THINK I've caught up on your blog now. For some reason this post ended up being the last one I read. That's so cute with Sam in the box. HA!