And Yet More Beauty!  

Posted by cokelady










I LOVE ASPEN TREES. I always have, but I think I've decided that I love them enough I want one of my very own. They always make me think of when I was a kid and would go to "the cabin" (Grandmother & Granddad's house)--there were lots of aspen trees up Gold Creek Road, a little dirt road that went up the mountain. Jon and I used to ride the motorcycles and 3-wheelers up there all the time and there were TONS of aspens. I love them at any time of the year. The spring and summer are always pretty, of course. In the fall there is just nothing like that brilliant golden yellow of the aspen trees! And I love them in the winter, too, when they're completely bare. I've always thought the smooth white bark (is it considered bark?!) with the "scratches" and knotholes was just so cool. They look kind of spooky or something, especially when they sway in the breeze. Anyway, James said you can get 3' aspen trees for just a few dollars! I was sooooo happy to hear that!!! I think I want two or three of them down next to our little goldfish pond. It will remind me of Colorado and of Grandmother & Granddad all in one. :-)

Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on 11:00 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

Great pictures! It makes me want to take a drive up to Craig.

I think you should! You would see sooooo much pretty scenery. AND get several good laughs from Janis! :-)

Wow. Those pictures are gorgeous. Autumn is just sooo pretty when the foliage is at its peak.