Made it Home!  

Posted by cokelady

We had a great trip to Colorado, but I'm too tired and sensible (are you buyin' it?) to stay up and write about it tonight. It's nearly midnight already and I want to be a good Mom tomorrow. ;-)

We got home last night and unloaded the van and did some unpacking. I was actually in bed just after 10:00--highly unusual for me, I'm afraid. Today we had a good, full day. Breakfast... well, not for everybody. "If any does not work, neither should he eat," remember?! I hate days that start like that! Anyway, it got better real quick after the sad start. Devotions, then some play time for the kids and the conclusion of the unpacking for me. School at 11:00, lunch at noon, then more school. I started laundry this afternoon, then we had horse lessons at 4:00. Everybody is doing great and finally learning to steer a little better. The first lesson or two were all about proper form and balance. The lady started them on the reins last week. It would be hilarious if it weren't so frustrating! You'd think it would be so very simple and natural, you know?! Hand/eye coordination never comes easy to Joe (he has to concentrate SO HARD on the simplest things sometimes!), but once it finally clicks he does really good. He's getting there with the reins. Katie's doing great. Sam looks great in the saddle, rides like a natural, and can make the horse stop and go. :-) Gotta start somewhere! She'll probably start him steering next week. Anyway...

I read a few chapters out of... Hhmmm. Can't think of the name of it. The book that is the continuing story of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (something about the Glass Elevator) to the kids tonight. Put them to bed, cleaned the house up a bit, then finished up on the laundry and ironing while I watched a movie. Wa-Hoo! It's been a good day. :-)

And that's it for now! Hopefully tomorrow I'll find the time and oomph (I've been lacking that lately) to blog about the trip--and post some pictures for the guy in the northwest who likes the picture book version of a blog. :-)

This entry was posted on 11:54 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

5 comments

Hurry up and get that laundry done, you've got to leave again tomorrow. :-)

Hhmmm. Apparently Katie isn't the only one who needs to work on her reading comprehension. I DID finish all the laundry--AND ironing! :-) Just in time, it seems!

HA! (Come here and let me slap you!) My reading comprehension isn't the only thing that's suffering these days. *sigh*

Katie and I have things to do, people to see, places to go! We don't have time to concentrate on everything we read! :-)