Does Anyone Else...  

Posted by cokelady

...ban their children from telling jokes??? I do it ALL THE TIME. They make up their own jokes frequently instead of repeating ones they've heard or read. It's bad either way, but they usually get a more severe ban for the made-up ones. On our way up to Craig on Sunday all three kids tried their hand at telling jokes. I can't remember who got which, but one kid was banned from telling jokes for the rest of the day, another kid for two days, and the worst joke of all earned a three day ban. It ended yesterday unfortunately.

We were enjoying our "picnic" lunch on a blanket in the not yet remodled garage a little while ago when Sam says, "Knock, knock."

I groaned, but answered, "Who's there?"

"Orange."

"Orange who?"

"Orange... um... don'tcha' wanna let me in?!"

THREE DAY BAN.

This entry was posted on 12:23 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

Awesome!!!! Toby is not the only one who makes up knock knock jokes huh?
He doesn't do it as much anymore but it was all the time.
That is funny I never thought of a joking ban, pretty creative. I think I will try that.
I would rehearse some jokes with him just so they would make sense:)

*giggling* Awwww, poor Sam. ;-)

Anonymous  

Okay note to self: Don't tell any Papa jokes around Becki.

I can't believe it Becki!!!! That's a sin!! Taking away a kid's pride, by not letting them tell jokes?!?!?!?! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE...HIS MOM OR SOMETHING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!...............................................................................Kidding.