TOUR OF THE HORNE HOME!  

Posted by cokelady

Okay! Are you ready for this?! Our Internet picked up, so I thought I'd post some pictures now that I know how. Don't worry, I'll post pictures of our kids next time -- that'll be a lot more fun than these. But really, this has been good therapy for me. With my house in its current condition, it was quite refreshing to pull up these photos and say, "Ah, yes. God has blessed us with a beautiful house and helped us make it very nice and comfortable!"


This is a portion of our living room. The wall paper was put in 15 years ago (or something like that) by Aunt Sue. It's perfect! We painted the blue underneath.


This is the den. All we had to do to this room was furnish it! Uncle Jerry did the cedar walls years ago. To the left of the couch, angled in the corner, is a brick fireplace. Uncle Jerry did that, too.


This is my Coke kitchen! The pictures look rather dark to me, but you get the point. There is now a gaping hole where that black dishwasher is -- tomorrow the new white one should be installed. :-)


The view from the other direction. That bargain hunter husband of mine paid $30 for ALL of the linolium, which just happened to be SO PERFECT for a Coca-Cola kitchen. This room used to be southwestern style -- baby blue and peach. What a change!


This is my office. It was a totally unfinished workshop when we moved in. Don'tcha love it?! It's quite...bold, I suppose! I didn't intend for the left wall to be dark gray... but I love it! And the faux painting makes you think of a storm at sea or something. Fun!


This is the other part to what used to be the workshop. It was originally James' office, but we've converted it into a play room for the kids. Katie sleeps in here when we have company so they can have her room.


This is James' office. It was the unfinished cinderblock shed in the backyard. I'm AMAZED at how handy he's become since we bought this place 3 years ago! He does such good work. And, as you can see, he's still collecting as much Church stuff as he can get his sticky fingers on!!! Still, it's toned down a lot from the original "Shrine" he had when I married him!

This entry was posted on 9:35 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

6 comments

The house looks great and yes, I scrolled down and I'm reading upwards otherwise, my already muddled brain gets vewy, vewy confused. I love your office. Oh to have a real one instead of a corner of a basement, but I'm making it work...somehow. ~grin~

BEEEAutiful house! I want a house like that. Except....I want a backdoor with a pathway to my barn and horses. :) other than that I would take it all!

Wow! your house is SO NICE. I showed Jacob the pictures last night and we agreed that it looks like a rice persons house. :) Your bathroom is so fun! We did the same faux paintint in our bedroom, I like that type alot, it looks so neat! Your shelf and towel racks were just too cute.! Jacob and I were surprised that you have you own office, how cool is that! Love the lighthouses. We will do Jacob's office in lighthouses one day when he gets it. The boys room is so neat with the bars in the window and the "wood" on the walls and closet door. Thanks for "showing" us your beautiful home.

Thanks! I thoroughly enjoy trying to make my house a nice, comfortable place for my family and visitors. I want people to be able to walk through the door and feel like they're in a nice cozy place they can just kick their shoes off in and RELAX.

I assume you mean it looks like a rich person's house, not a rice person, right? :-) This is our first home and God blessed us with a GREAT price when we bought it. We've made these improvements over the past 3 years and we've spent a reasonable amount of $ to get things fixed up, but not nearly as much as you might suspect. We do consider this an investment. The value of our home has increased by the thousands because of what we've put into it, which is much less than that. God's been SO GOOD to us and I'm so thankful -- not for the "things" but for His caring for us. Anyway... (ramble, ramble, ramble...)

YES! I have my own office! It's WONDERFUL!!! It's where my computer is and my big desk for stamping and scrapbooking (as if I ever actually find time for that!) and on the other side of the room is a couch that folds out into a bed -- nearly butts up against my desk, but it works. So it's really another guest room, too.

I really wish you could come see it in person someday. Actually, I couldn't care less if you ever saw the house, but it would be GREAT if you could come see ME someday!!! And, if Jay behaves himself, "I wouldn't kick him out of my house." ;-) By the way, I read his blog, just haven't had the opportunity to reply yet. It'll happen -- soon as I can!

I would LOVE to go and see YOU someday. Maybe one of these years, who knows?

LOL opps, yeah, I ment rich. I guess it would be good if I proof read my comments. :)

You actually want me to take a picture of just a dishwasher? That's just weird, Mom! (Weirder than pictures of "the house," you know?!) Maybe I'll take a picture and shoot it to you on Hello one of these days.