Chapter 5?  

Posted by cokelady

Does anybody really care to hear this? Probably not. I don't really care to say any of it, but I have nothing else to write about, so here goes.

My dear and considerate husband put his whip down and let me take the day off from painting on Monday. I decided I'd surprise him and actually do some painting today, although I had him convinced that none would be done this week due to other responsibilities. I went out this morning and within 20 minutes the sweat was dripping down my legs. EEEEWWW! Sorry to gross you out. It grossed me out. I decided I was DONE painting for the day. But there is good news! (It's about time, hu?!)

First of all, we've decided to forego the blue paint. After three different attemps (thank you all, by the way, for your advice -- I really do appreciate it. Unfortunately, having this paint re-tinted would not have helped. Believe me.), we finally decided that we just can't afford to buy 18 gallons, or even pints, of blue paint until we get it right. Since that decision has been made, I've begun to notice the houses around town. Of the ones with blue trim, about 20% of them are hideous. About 78% are "eh" (you know, not too bad -- not horrible, not wonderful), and the remaining 2% are just right. We, obviously, were not going to fall into that 2%. So we accepted defeat and moved on. We're going brown. Plain ole', un-fun brown. I'll post pictures once it's all done. I think it'll be nice, in spite of the DRAB color. (I HATE DRAB, but it's probably "safe.")

I rejoiced in my decision to quit painting for the day and I excitedly ran to the bedroom to get out of those nasty work clothes and put on something fresh and clean. ~Aaaahhh~ That's better. I was equally excited at the prospect of taking a nap since I had knocked off for the day. At this very moment, that wonderful husband of mine decided to rip out the old dishwasher and get things ready for the plummer who is scheduled to be here tomorrow night to fix our leaky faucet and the numerous leaks underneith the sink that we just discovered. "Hey, Bec? I need your help for a sec." Well, we all know how those "sec's" go, now don't we? Within 10 minutes I knew my plans for relaxing were out. I drug myself back to the bedroom to put those same nasty old clothes on again. ~sigh~ I'm so tired of being dirty all the time. One thing led to another and before we knew it we had more leaks than we did to start with and there was no possible way we could turn the water back on or else the whole kitchen would be swimming and we'd have no way to stop it. Long story short: Uncle Jerry came over and gave us a temporary fix until the plummer comes tomorrow. (Why we got into this project today, the day BEFORE the plummer is coming, is still a mystery to me. Why not wait 'til tomorrow so he can fix the original problems as well as the ones we've just created? Why do it all a day early and have the kitchen torn up all that extra time, you may ask? -- You may ask...? Because THAT'S THE WAY MEN DO THINGS.)

So now my house is a wreck inside and out. I have nothing to show you that I wouldn't be ashamed to show you. At least of our recent work. Hhmmm... maybe I should find some pictures of the things we've done in the house that have actually turned out good. There's an idea! Let's see what I can find...

Nevermind. My "high speed internet" is ve-e-e-e-e-e-e-ery slow tonight and I can't get the pictures to upload. I'll try again another day. Don't know when, as I've got a pretty busy week ahead of me, even without painting. Tomorrow is library day and I've GOT to take the kids since we haven't been in a few weeks. I've also GOT to get busy on my Sunday School lesson and my WMB service for this coming Sunday. I'll be doing lots of baking on Thursday and Friday and then Tammy and I will be working the church Bake Sale on Saturday. Our first time. :-0 Anyway, sorry this post is long, boring AND pictureless. I'll try to do better next time.

~Bec~

P.S. -- I would like to publicly praise that wonderful husband of mine for bringing me home a HUGE flat panel monitor (is that what it's called?) and a cordless (wireless? no strings attached?) keyboard and mouse. Wow! It's so fantastic!!! What a great guy. I never would have thought there was another man on earth with a nose for bargains like my Dad's. But I found one! -- I even have a less-than-half-price brand new dishwasher sitting in my kitchen right now! It's on the opposite side from where it belongs, but it's there! And if dear ole' Michael (yes, we're on a first-name basis with our plummer) gets us all fixed up tomorrow night it'll be right where it belongs 24 hourse from now! WOW!!! THANKS, JAMES!!! I love you soooooooo much! Even though you are quite the slave driver... :-)

This entry was posted on 8:09 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

Would you quit saying your blogging is boring?! It's not and never will be.

Ohhh,,,you settled for brown....I never wanted brown on my house, but I'm afraid when it is all said and done I'll have some kind of brown too. Painting a house and getting it to match the roofing and AGREEING on something both parties like is hard!

I feel for you and your torn up kitchen a day early.

I agree with Rebekah...not boring at all. I enjoyed the tour of the home too! It's absolutely gorgeous. (Um...you wouldn't be related to the Virginia Smith's would you?). If I had one ounce of the talent you guys have for decorating and fixing up, I'd be thrilled. You're so right about blue...especially exterior colors. VERY hard to get right and it fades quick. Brown will do well and you'll probably be happy in the end. Thanks for sharing!

Our trim is Gray....*sigh* it used to be forest green but I asked to have that changed..and beings my husband is cheap AND a painter AND we had leftover gray in the garage...gray it is. I loooove your house. Makes me feel like I am at a cabin. I want it...but, it's wrong to covet right? :p

You can HAVE it, Kasey. I'm so tired of working on it! -- Just be sure to bring that painter husband of yours!!! There's still plenty of THAT to be done around here!