HORNE HOME, Part 2  

Posted by cokelady

Okay! This is our bedroom. For those who visited my parents in Colorado, this may look familiar. I gladly stole most of this decor from then when they moved to Virginia. I love it. It's like a little Retreat -- makes you feel like you're still in the mountains!


In the corner is a bent wood rocker made by the Amish folks near where James grew up.


This is the bathroom attached to our bedroom. It's pretty tiny, so it's hard to get far enough away to get a decent picture!


This is Katie's room -- also the guest room. Most of this decor was stolen, as well, over several years -- from my Grandmother's guest room. It was always so homey and I love that my guest room kind of "feels" like hers!


Same room, different angle. Just one blue wall. The rest is faux painted with a double roller, two different colors. (Mom and I stole the color blend from my cousin, Stacey. She's the paint expert!)


Now, the boys' room! James tea dyed this road map of Texas, then burnt the edges. Cool, hu? (There's that same faux painting.)


And here are our two little cowboys (last summer) and the big one, Matt Dillon. (My kids love Gunsmoke. Makes me so happy!) We put "jail bars" in the windows and painted the bottom half of the room and the doors to look like wood planks. FUN! I love this room!!!

This entry was posted on 10:25 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

You have certainly inherited your Mom's talent for decorating. Good job!

WHAT, YOU didn't like country? You have done a fabulous job, your home is beautiful....thanks for sharing.