The house is painted!  

Posted by cokelady

Now let me qualify that statement so as to not imply the falsehood that the painting is completed around here. The house itself is completed. The painting on the carport hasn't even begun yet (and there's probably more to paint there than on the house!), nor has the shed or James' office out back, or the fence, or the gates... But hey, I intend to rejoice in what I have accomplished: the HOUSE is PAINTED! I can't help but feel pathetic, though, knowing that we live in a BRICK HOME and there's mostly just trim work to paint, but it still seems to be taking me forever!!! It's the time consuming "detail" work (lots of straight line brush work to be done) that kills ya'. I worked 14 hours on Wednesday, then until time to get ready for church last night, then until about 1:00pm today and I'm finally THROUGH with the house. Wa-Hooo!!! And (I'm really hoping this is good news) James bought a paint sprayer that I HOPE is going to make the rest go much, much faster. I won't know until sometime next week, however -- and that's JUST FINE with me. I'm so ready to be a wife and a mom and a cook and a housekeeper and a laundress (is that a word?!) -- anything but a PAINTER for a while. I got the house all put back together this afternoon, except for the kitchen floor and the bathroom. (The house seems to self-destruct when I get involved in big remodeling projects and the like.) I intend to finish up in the kitchen and bathroom tomorrow, then get the kids' Sunday School ready for the next day, then maybe find some time to work on my QUILT. That would be wonderful!!! Something domestic! Seems like ages. I did make chicken parmesan for dinner tonight and it was delicious. I'm so sick of fast food. We've been living on it ever since I picked up the paint brush.

Hhmmm... I'm trying to think of what else is going on around here. It's been mostly just PAINT, PAINT, PAINT EVERYWHERE! That and trying to figure out how to make plans for the upcoming Presbytery Meeting. What a solemn and weighty thing this is! How desperately we need the help and direction of God right now! Pray, pray, and pray some more. And fast and then do it again. We've GOT to be sure and do things God's way and find His answers. I know He wants to give them to us.

Things in Texas have been rather uneventful since the rattlesnake incident. Unless you count Sammy clunking Katie in the head with a rock yesterday. (Not intentionally, believe it or not -- although that didn't rescue him from the severe spanking he got for throwing rocks.) It swelled up the size of a golf ball, bulging out of her forhead, within just a few seconds. We got ice on it right away and it went down lots. There's a tiny mark where it skinned her, and a larger area that's just now starting to turn blue. If it gets really cool I'll be sure to post a picture of the little freak. ;-) I remember when Libby and I used to compare bruises to see who had the biggest and best. Ah yes, the good ole' days!

Guess that's it from here. Hopefully I'll have something more exciting to talk about next time. And hopefully I'll be a little more cognizant as well. I feel like I've been in a fog all day. It's because that slave driver husband of mine has been working me so hard. :P The neighbor (a very old man) hollered over the fence at me yesterday, "Hey! Where can I find me a wife like you who'd do all the work?!" I said I didn't know -- we're pretty hard to come by. I thought about telling him that if the workload didn't slow down around here I might be available due to widowhood! Ha! Then the lawn guy pulled up after a while and said, "You'd better be careful or that husband of yours is going to hire you out full-time!" I told him I didn't have time to work for anybody else -- I was too busy around here! Naturally, James wasn't too appreciative of my actually taking the credit for my labors. Tee! Hee! In all fairness, James has been working pretty hard himself, just doing non-painting things. And he even helped paint yesterday -- did the whole garage door. Still, it was nice to get a little recognition!

Okay, that's really it. I'm going to bed. I am wiped out.

~One Sleepy Gal~

This entry was posted on 9:49 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

11 comments

We are even now. Just reading about all the painting you have been doing has exhausted me for the next week. YIKES!

Seriously though, I'm sure that you feel relieved to have the trim work on the house done, not to mention a sense of satisfaction.

Hope you got some rest! I'm heading to bed myself.

Congratulations!!! Everyone, give her a big hand! **clapping** Does that mean we get to see some pictures now? :)
It is great when you get comments like that. Makes one smile.

Ohhh, chicken parmesan. You should post that up on the recipe blog. I know I would like to see how you make it. I've heard about it, but have never made or eaten it.

What or who are you making a quilt for?

The chicken parmesan is a little more expensive to make than our usual meals around here (due to the boneless skinless chicken breasts), but it's fast and easy and everybody here LOVES it. All you do is dip the chicken in a slightly beaten egg, then roll in italian flavored bread crumbs. Place in baking dish and bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. In the meantime, start your usual spaghetti sauce and noodles. After the 20 minutes, you spoon or pour some sauce over the top of the chicken, then spinkle with mozzerella cheese and return to oven for another 10 minutes. By that time, your spaghetti is done and you can serve it all together. Strange, isn't it, that "chicken parmesan" has no PARMESAN in it! Although we always add that at the table. ANYWAY, I don't know where a recipe blog is, so this will have to do! Give it a try -- it's delicious!

The quilt. Ah yes. That would be the quilt for Sam's bed. I started last summer I believe (August, perhaps?) making curtains, quilts, and dust ruffles for the boys' room. The curtains are done and Joe's quilt. Sam's quilt has been sitting under my sewing table untouched for MONTHS and I haven't even started on the dust ruffles. ~sigh~ It always seems like such a good idea to get involved in these projects at the time! Ha!

No. No pictures of the house yet. Got to get the carport and gates finished up first! Then I'll be sure to post before and after shots.

There is a link on my blog called "Yummy Recipes". Kasey started TCOG recipe site for us. If you want to add recipes, look on Kasey's blog to get her e-mail address and then put "recipes" in the subject line so that she doesn't delete you and tell her that you want to join in. She'll add you and it will automatically be added to your blogger site, so that you don't have to go anywhere else to sign on or anything. You can do it when you get ready to post on your own blog.

We've already got some pretty good recipes on there, so...now ya know. Come on...share what ya know. ~smile~

Yes, come join the recipe blog...I have to wait for your mom to get back from BTI before she blesses us with her recipe favorites! My address is sgrplum1@hotmail.com. Send me an email with your email address and I will send you an invite to the blog!
I want to see pics of the house!
And...if you don't know of me, I am sister Kasey from Idaho. I live in TN now, because well...I got married to a tennessean!

I have a odd question. Is Bro James driving to the Presbytery Meeting?

Kasey -- yes, I know who you are! I got the invite to the recipe BLOG thingie... but I can't see anywhere that I can post recipes on there. I need help! And I'm much relieved that the title of the BLOG isn't "Yummy in my Tummy." I'm afraid I could never join anything by such a name! Ha!

Sister Wendy, we're still not sure what James' travel plans will be. We're trying to sort through the options and pick the most economical one!

Shoot me an email and I will tell you why I asked. I don't wanna clog the blog with nonsense. :P

wemmies@untiltherapture.com

BTW... thou shalt not call me Sister. ;)

Wen or Wendy or some even call me wemmies is fine with me. :)

once you accept the invitation, you should be able to post on the blog. Essentially you are part owner of the blog now, like you are owner of your blog. When you login into the start page it should not only bring up the name of your blog (with the option of new post or change settings), but it should also bring up the name of the recipe blog.
I should change the yummy in my tummy name huh.hmmmmmm. :-D