Just so ya' know...  

Posted by cokelady

I will be unbloggable for a few days. We're off to Colorado for the weekend and I am soooooo excited!!! James will be at Men's Retreat, so the kids and I are going to stay with Emilee and her kids... and Haley and her kids!!! That makes 10 kids vs. 3 adults, but we're not worried. We can take 'em. ;-) We really intend to lock all of the kids in the back yard or the basement (depending on the weather, probably) and have a grand Girl Party all weekend! Wa-Hoo!!! I just finished packing my party bag. Photo albums (Haley's request), girl movies, stuff to make spiced cider and flavored cocoas, a few games... I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I think the party bag is bigger than my suitcase--the one containing enough clothing for one adult and three children for 4 days! Ha! We're going to have a great time!!!
The kids are sooooo excited, too. They're packing their own party bags. Sam keeps picking up toys and talking about how much Luke will like them, so he's going to take them for Luke. A few for Caleb, too. But he made it very plain, "I'm not sharing with Abigail!!!" Don't know why, really. But Joe told me that Abbie really likes his lizards, so he's going to take some lizards for her. Ha!

Okay, gotta go. I've got sooooooo much to do. I had great expectations for today, but I've given up on most of them. I had hoped to get the kitchen floor scrubbed, as well as both bathrooms. HA. I've got to go clean out the van, pull it around back, load all of James' sound equipment into it, pull it back around front, load everything else up, finish up on the laundry and get the beds made, THEN see if I have time to get to work on the bathrooms or kitchen. I'm hoping to still get one or the other done. We'll see! At least I got all of the ironing finished up last night, so that feels good. We'll be leaving when James gets off work tonight and driving part way so he'll be able to make it to Retreat decently early tomorrow to get all his stuff set up. So that's the plan! Everybody have a great weekend!!! (Although I know none of yours will be half as fun and Emilee's and Haley's and mine! Tee! Hee!) Later!!!

~Bec~

This entry was posted on 12:12 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

5 comments

Just when I think I can't get any more excited about this weekend I come here and read about the Girl Party bag being bigger than the regular suitcase. The smile on my face just grew a little bigger. It's gonna be great!!!

No gloating there! Check AND respond to your e-mail woman!

I believe Emilee has internet, so I just don't see why you're unbloggable. Sorry, Becki, but I don't think we're going to be able to accept this excuse.
;-)(just joking)

Hope you all are having a blast. :-)

Anonymous  

Hey Beck,

One of the motto's that I say (but never go by) is, "I reach my goals by lowering my standards." I was telling your mom that one of these days I'll come up for a few weeks ('cause aunt vicki said that's how long it is going to take) and have a GUN SMOKE marathon. You, me, Joe, and whoever else wants to watch.