Liars  

Posted by cokelady

Well, today went just as scheduled. All except for the SNOW, that is. That's right, folks, we've got NO snow. None whatsoever. Those dippy weathermen were forecasting 2-6" (Channel 9) or 6-12" (Channel 7.) NONE. Not a single flake. We woke up to a sloppy, soggy, muddy world today. Not that I'm bitter or anything. I will tell you this, though--if we go another two or three days with no accumulation I'm going to bundle all of the kids up in their hats and scarves and mittens and hoof it town there to Tom Tefertiller's weather lab (really, that's his name--Katie is in love with good ole' Tom) and tell him that he promised us snow and we're not leaving until he makes good on it. Jerk.

No matter. We had a good day in spite of our lying meteorologists. I called Tammy first thing and told her to get over here and we'd just pretend it was a grand and glorious snow day. So she came and we did devotions with the kids, then sat down and watched a great chick flick (thanks for sending it, Melissa--I really liked it!), then played games for most of the afternoon. We had chowder for lunch and sipped hot cocoa. The only thing we didn't get to do was the snow angels. And snowball fight. And snowman! And snow cream!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH, TOM!!!

Speaking of Tom, I was watching earlier today and he had the nerve to say that we might get a whole 3/4" of snow overnight tonight. 3/4"!!! Can you believe that?! The guy ought to be drug out to the street and shot. If that's the best he can do (which would, I concede, be better than he's done so far) he ought to invest in a snow machine. Jerk. Did I already say that? Strange. I always really liked Tom Tefertiller before today. He always seemed so nice. We even met him at Pets-Mart once several months ago. Katie insisted on talking with him and giving him several hugs. He told us to stop by the station some time to say hello and watch a newcast. We may just do that. Tomorrow. It won't be the friendly visit he was expecting, I assure you. Jerk.

James is actually in there listening to the latest hogwash. I told him I was DONE with the news. At least the weather segment. I don't even want to know what they're saying now. I just know I'm ready to take a vacation. To Siberia. But for now I'm just going to go curl up with a blanket and a book and pretend again that it's wintertime out there. *sigh* I am thankful that at least I have a decent imagination. I don't even want to think of how miserable life would be if I didn't have that much. What with no SNOW or anything.

~Bec~


P.S. -- I just finished sending an e-mail to Mr. Tom Tefertiller at News West 9 warning him of his upcoming visit if he doesn't deliver on his predictions. That'll teach him.

This entry was posted on 8:58 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

15 comments

Anonymous  

Cry me a river!!! At least you have a CHANCE of snow... It rained all day today and I was so happy to have SOMETHING different, other than sunshine...

Having the CHANCE for snow (and being promised over and over again that it IS COMING) is so much worse than having no chance at all. If it weren't for the build up of false hopes I would be sooooo thrilled with the cool, rainy weather for a change. It's the get-your-hopes-up-only-to-come-crashing-down thing that makes it so disgusting. Jerk.

Just imagine if you were a school teacher and was promised snow and thought you'd be out a day or two .... and so did your students, but nooooooo ... not a flake, school commenced as usual, and you had to teach a bunch of fuming teenagers who hate English anyway.

I wish that I could empathize with you, but...we've got a foot of snow and it is still coming down...anyone want to join me in making snow angels? I've never done that before. Maybe I ought to have someone take my picture when I do, because I will most likely never do it again. ~grin~ Oh...sorry...didn't mean to gloat over the fact that we have snow and you don't. ~smiling like an angel...a snow angel that is! Hee hee~

Well, it's not the same as having your very own snow, but there will be snow here next weekend. We've got a foot or more on the ground and it looks like we could get more today and tomorrow. We'll save it for you!!!!! But I am NOT going out and making any snow angels...WAY too cold! I did my once-a-winter-play-in-the-snow thing after our first snow. Now I stay in the nice warm house and watch the boys while I drink hot cocoa!!

Well, it's not the same as having your very own snow, but there will be snow here next weekend. We've got a foot or more on the ground and it looks like we could get more today and tomorrow. We'll save it for you!!!!! But I am NOT going out and making any snow angels...WAY too cold! I did my once-a-winter-play-in-the-snow thing after our first snow. Now I stay in the nice warm house and watch the boys while I drink hot cocoa!!

Well, it's not the same as having your very own snow, but there will be snow here next weekend. We've got a foot or more on the ground and it looks like we could get more today and tomorrow. We'll save it for you!!!!! But I am NOT going out and making any snow angels...WAY too cold! I did my once-a-winter-play-in-the-snow thing after our first snow. Now I stay in the nice warm house and watch the boys while I drink hot cocoa!!

Well, it's not the same as having your very own snow, but there will be snow here next weekend. We've got a foot or more on the ground and it looks like we could get more today and tomorrow. We'll save it for you!!!!! But I am NOT going out and making any snow angels...WAY too cold! I did my once-a-winter-play-in-the-snow thing after our first snow. Now I stay in the nice warm house and watch the boys while I drink hot cocoa!!

Sorry...Blogger gave me several errors when I was trying to post this morning.

Its a shame there isnt away to box snow up and send it your away- I mean I think we could easily spare a few inches from our 60 something inches of snow and not even know the difference.

I take the snow for granted because the only "playing" in the snow that I have done is taking pictures of it - we did go ice skating but that was in the mall so doesnt count

Snow would be nice. I mean when it's winter you would at least enjoy some cooler weather but we havn't even had much of that this year. I mean seriously, 60's and 70's in January may be nice for some people but even my grandparents want some colder weather!

Sorry about the snow delimma, Bec. At least they were CALLING for a significant amount. Charity was right...been like springtime in the ole' Virginie. I am waiting for the clothes designers to figure out that Christmas' are getting warmer in this region...SO start making SHORT SLEEVED Christmas shirts. December was WAY too warm, and January is not much different. At least they are CALLING for 1-3 in. of wintery mix stuff tomorrow. YIPPEE! Not enough to make snow angels, but pretty nonetheless. BTW, I LOVE the new background. It's only missing one thing, though... the picture of MOMMIE behind bars! HA! Maybe Joe can help (I think he was the villian)?? That story was too funny. I look forward to getting my daily dose of laughter as I read about your ever entertaining lives:)

Well we will save you snow but I'm afraid that you won't want to make any of it into snow cream. Denver snow is a little scary anyway with all the pollution but now after just sitting here refusing to melt week after week a lot of it is brown if not black. Yuck.

Wow! Lorrie Jennings! (I can't ever remember your married name!!!) I had no idea you ventured into my snowless blog! Welome!!! I feel for you and Sister Charity. What a drag to have spring in January. Ugh. At least it's been cool here and I've been able to wear some of my winter clothes.

As for a picture of me in jail, you are the second person to bring that to my attention. "You get all bent out of shape 'cuz your kid draws a picture of you in jail. Look at your blog!!! And you wonder where they get such ideas!" Let me clarify: it is completely appropriate for the Mom to put the kids in jail. It goes against every rule in the book for the kids to put the Mom in jail. I find it a very simple concept, really. It's like when James and I got married and I used to remind him over and over, "James, what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine." What's so hard to understand?! ;-)

Haley, thanks for the nasty snow warning. I hadn't even thought about the pollution affecting the edibility of the snow. Ugh. No matter. You can only use extremely fresh snow for snow cream, so chances are I wouldn't be able to make any anyway. I just can't win! (But I sure can complain nowadays...!)

Hey Becki, Just thought that I would let you know that it has been snowing here yesterday and the day before...Nice, BEAUTIFUL, soft, WHTIE, clean, SNOW! AWWWW....*wink* You guys really need to come up and visit us, have our kids met and have such fun, wonderful adventures together... BTW I really like your new blog look. (I don't think I said anything to you about it yet, right?) It is sooo cool. Did you find the wooden background or did Jenna find it? I had close to the same idea for my next blog look. If I could get my "no good" brother (who is visiting his girlfriend right now) to take time out of his busy schedule to put something together for me....