Yippy-ki-ay-ti-o!  

Posted by cokelady

Howdy, y'all!!! A big, hearty thank you to Miss Jenna for being so kind as to whip up a good 'ole West Texas blog for me! Sadly, I have no time to write anything new. I have been neglecting my real life long enough already! The whole morning has been snatched away from me and I'm bound to lose the afternoon as well if I don't get back to work. That's okay. I really just wanted to say, GREAT TEMPLATE, HU?! I love it!!! Thanks again, Jenna!!!

~Bec~

P.S. -- Ah, yes. Couple things. First of all, we're going to have to do some tweeking to get rid of that GIGANTIC profile picture that's throwing the whole page out of whack! Ha! I need to change the pic anyway--it's over a year old now.

Also, the song you hear playing is the one my Granddaddy used to sing to my Grandmother. Embarrassed her to death. It's "Waltz Across Texas," for you poor souls who are unfortunate enough to not know that already. ;-)

This entry was posted on 11:08 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

6 comments

Man I knew I was forgeting to tell you something...I ment to ask you if you wanted the picture removed or resized... I'm so very sorry!

I can't wait to get home and listen to the song- yes thats right I'm working really hard at work right now lol

Hey, no problem! This is the first time that picture has been big enough for anybody to actually SEE it! Ha! I'm going to take a new one in the next few days sometime--we can take care of the sizing and such then. I'm assuming I'll need your help with that too (!), dummy that I am! ;-)

I love it! The pictures at the top are absolutely priceless...but the old boards in the background...they remind me of my childhood and the old barns...great job Jenna and I'm so glad that Becki lives in Texas so that she comes up with these great ideas for backgrounds!

I LOVE IT!!! It's so TEXAS! It's funny that YOU are the one who ended up in Texas. When Jon was young, he was the one who was going to leave the cold weather of Colorado and move to Texas when he grew up. And now he's been in back to back snowstorms for the past month or so. :-) It's just a reminder that we may have wishes and plans, but God alone knows what our future holds. I know I never would have imagined living in Cleveland, TN. But God can help us learn that "... in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Colorado, Texas, Tennessee...God can make us content anywhere.

Anonymous  

...ARIZONA...

We recently had to do a system restore on our computer and my husband finally found time to reinstall the sound card so I got to listen to your song. I love it!!! It's so pioneer-y sounding. Neat-o.