Better than nothing  

Posted by cokelady

...I guess. We did finally have a few flakes today. Nothing to write home about (although, isn't that what I'm doing right now?) and certainly not enough to make snow angels, a snowman, snow cream OR have a snowball fight with, but I guess it's better than none at all. I was thinking today about how much I've been robbed. If I had been oblivious to the news this past week and had never heard any of those lying weathermen and their faulty predictions of a foot of snow... If I would've just bumbled into the little bit of cold weather and dusting of snow on the ground, I would have been soooooooo excited and sooooooo very happy! But despite my best efforts to control my enthusiasm, I bought into their lies and had my heart set on real, true-blue SNOW. So when we did get a small (very small) taste of winter weather, did I enjoy it?! Noooooo! I paced the floor fuming and flailing my arms while hashing over once again the dopey weathermen and how they should all be fired, etc. I was robbed of being able to enjoy the "wintery mix" (a term I am SOOOOOOOO sick of hearing!) because I was banking on something more! Life is so not fair.

I was also thinking today about my rotten attitude and how I really should be thankful for what we have... and if I was one of my children how I would quickly remedy the complaints and hostilities I was displaying. Ugh. It's always so bad when you realize that you're being bad. Worse yet when you struggle to straighten up after the realization!

I did my best, though, and in the end I did enjoy what cool weather we got and the flurries that are so rare down here. (Not as much as I would've enjoyed real snow, but... HA!) The kids went out and played for quite a while and they don't seem to know the difference between real snow and what we get down here in Texas. I should never tell them any different, I suppose. Then they won't struggle with thankfulness like their mother!



NOTE: Please excuse the pink and purple gloves on my boys. They were not happy about having to wear them, but it's all we had! We bought the two-pack for Katie last year (or was it two years ago?) and a two-pack of black and blue ones for the boys. They, of course, have never been used before and somehow the boys' gloves have been lost. They weren't very happy about the sissy colors, but were glad to have gloves of some kind. Sam even told me, "Mom, these are girly gloves... but I like 'em." So sad!

The ice on one of our trees in the back yard.

Let's see... what else did we do today? Nothing much, really. Played outside with the kid-o's, then went to Aunt Sue's store to pick out some Spatterware since she's not going to be carrying it anymore (yikes!), then James took us out for lunch. It was fun! We came home and the kids played out back a while longer, then watched the Jack Elam scenes from Hawmps while I made some chocolate chip cookies. It was their first time ever seeing any of that movie and I thought they'd never stop laughing. It's right down their alley, especially the boys. A cowboy--a bad guy, no less--lots of guns and lots of craziness. It's especially hilarious to hear your 4 year old in the other room saying to his siblings, "I'm loose! I'm ready! I'm walkin' death and destruction!!!" Ha!

Well, that's it for the night. I'll follow up with some more snow (I wish) pictures for you, so keep scrolling down. Hope you all had a great day and have good church services tomorrow!

~Becki~

Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on 9:54 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

10 comments

Okay I have to know. Did you really send the weather man hate e-mail?

I most certainly did. Told him we were bundling up and coming down to his office and not leaving until we got some snow. I told him at the end that it was all written in fun and not any genuine bitterness. Well, not much, anyway.

YEA! I'm so glad that you got SOMETHING!

Hey, don't feel bad. We have gotten precious little snow here in KY the past few years. I had been wondering iof I was the only one who was getting really sick of the whole bogus
"wintry mix" thning they are trying to pull. For the last several years we get more and more ice storms, and less and less actual snow.
ugh...
God bless...
Bro Donnie

Opps, I should of hit refresh before commenting. Glad you got SOME snow.

Hey, guess what I'm leaving a comment, can you believe it???? But, you MUST use bigger font, I am getting soooooo old and my poor feable eyes are not able to read this "blue book" font.

Yep. That's Texas snow all right. We made little snowmen on the trunk of the car! But in the Beaumont area though, it would only snow once every 5 years and then it would melt by noon. I don't miss those "blue Northerners" though! You wake up to 70 degrees one day and then 35 degrees a few hours later. Brrr.

Love the pictures!!! God Bless you and your family!
Kevin M. Fearer

Atleast you got some snow. All we got was sleet and they said that we were supposed to get snow too, but we never got it just some sleet. GRRRR! Why can't it snow?