GUILTY  

Posted by cokelady

Okay, I admit it. I spent most of the day yesterday on the roof... hanging Christmas lights!!! I know that surely some of you (enter Jason Mullins) will make a big deal about that, but it's really not. You see, the week before Thanksgiving is technically Christmas Season Preparation Week. So hanging the lights is all good. It cannot in any way be compared to those wacky people who start dragging out the decorations and checking the weekly Hobby Lobby sale ads in August. That's just wrong. But hanging the lights 7 days in advance is only good planning. Especially when you know it's going to be your only chance to get it done. And just so you know, they will not be lit until Thanksgiving night, so it's really not cheating at all. I must admit, however... I'm anxious for the time to come! The house is going to look terrific!
Today was a bit of an adventure, and I'm afraid it's not over with yet. You see, James went down to Odessa a few days ago and rented out a section of one of those big antique/miscellaneous stores that has booths owned by a whole bunch of different people. He's always wanted to do something like that and felt it would be a good time to test the waters. Then he went over and got his tax number and promptly came home, placed an online order from a wholesaler, then began perusing our own house for items that will soon be for sale. Sam was fascinated by all of these goings on and followed James around the house as he was gathering goods, asking lots of questions. James was explaining that he was looking for things he could sell and before long was teasing that he was going to sell Sam, too. Naturally, Sam wasn't very excited with this idea and voiced his complaints profusely. When James kept teasing, Sam tried for another approach. He got out a card that he'd received for his birthday and began following James around the house, "reading" it as if he had written it. He read, "Dear Dad, don't sell me. Sell Joe. Love, Sam." HA! That kid cracks me up!!!
Back to the subject... Today we all loaded up and went down to Odessa to pick up the supplies James would need to build his "booth." He's going to be selling mostly antiques and old fashioned collectables, so he wanted to do something rustic looking. He ended up deciding on rough 6' pickets for the walls, so we spent forever at Home Depot trying to figure out just how much we needed of what. We came home, put the kids in the den to watch a Veggie Tales (I hate using the TV as a babsitter (!!!), but it had to be done tonight!), then I went out back to help James with the big construction project. I'm not the most adept person in the world with a drill, so I really don't know how much I sped things along. I'm a great eye-baller, though, and I'm sure he couldn't have done without me. *wink* Anyway, it's almost 9:00 now, the kids are in bed, we're finished, and we are all wiped out! What a day. James, being the kind--and hungry--husband that he is has gone to Sonic to bring home dinner. (Don't worry, the kids were fed much earlier!) ~whew~ I'm glad it's over with.
HA. If only it were over with! Tomorrow morning we'll drop the kids off with Tammy (thanks again, Tammy -- you're the bestest!) and James and I will drive back to Odessa to actually build the booth in the booth. (Got that?) We built several panels tonight, but once we get to the shop they'll have to all be connected. This probably isn't making much sense. I'll take a picture tomorrow if I think of it. Maybe that'll help. It's probably not all that important to any of you, but I have nothing else to talk about, so we're stuck with it.
I concede. Loser post tonight. All except the part about Sam's letter. That's a winner. I hope I'll always remember that one. I just hate it that kids have to grow up. They are so fun right now at ages 3, 4, and 5! What if I don't like them when they're 8, 9, and 10?! KIDDING, I'm only kidding of course. If we can manage to raise them properly and instill the right values in them, we'll enjoy them at every age. My parents always did. HA! Crazy people. Okay, my Frito Chili Cheese Wrap has arrived. I'm outta here.

~Becki~

This entry was posted on 6:07 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

That was NOT a loser post. It was quite funny! I'm still giggling. Sam is so great! All three of them are and their imaginations are stupendous! Never a dull moment in your home, I'm certain.

The booth sounds great. Sounds like Brother James is going to be a very busy man! I wish him the best in his endeavors.

"Sell Joe" lol that's great! hee hee

I was wondering what you were going to be doing on that roof! You should take a picture when it is all lighted up and post it. :)

Have fun building the booth in the booth.

HEY!!! I KNOW you didn't just call me a loser for already having my Christmas tree put up. Oh, no, you didn't. ;-)