Goodbye, Blogging World  

Posted by cokelady

No, I'm not deleting my blog--even though I probably have far more controversial things on here than a picture of a dog. ;-) I just mean I'm leaving!!! Only for a few days. It was decided today that I will get up in the morning, throw the kids in the van, and drive to Colorado to spend a couple of days with Jon & Emilee and the kids -- and Mom and Dad, who are there through Thanksgiving. Wow!!! I'm sooooo excited!!! My kids don't know yet, so don't say anything!!! You never know when Katie might go snooping around. Just the other day she was sitting next to me at my desk and I went from one site to another and she yelled, "Mom--I was reading the blog!!!" Ha! That kid. She's five years old and is dying to have her own blog. I don't think so.

Today Tammy was so kind as to watch the kids for us so James and I could go put the booth together in the booth. ;-) Went pretty well, I think. It's our first time and, naturally, it's not perfect. But hey, that's how you learn, right?! And in the end, I think it looks terrific! Here's a picture of James and the almost-finished product.


I'm sure he'll have that little room bursting at the seams in no time. You can't really see her, but if you look REAL close you might be able to make out a little head with a red bandana in the bottom right hand corner there... That's Aunt Jemima. She's been sitting in my den for years and I'm praying earnestly that she will be the very first thing to sell. I hate that thing. I love the syrup, but this thing is made out of cast iron, weighs at least 15 lbs. -- and she looks like a gorilla. For real--I've been calling her the ape woman ever since James brought her home back in Colorado. James loves her, but must be tired if hearing me gripe because she made it to the booth! Wa-Hoo!!! Surely there's some other strange person out there who will come along and think she's wonderful. Right???

Okay, I've got to get some sleep. Long drive tomorrow. Not miserably long, just long. Still, the kids aren't exactly any help driving so I should be well rested. Not that they'll give me any chance to fall asleep at the wheel anyway. Ever traveled with three little kids? There's enough jabbering and singing and arguing and laughing and playing and on and on and on--you'd think there were three of each of them back there. Oh, here's a picture of Katie playing in the leaves the other day.

Not like that had anything to do with the subject at hand. I just remembered I'd posted here and thought I ought to tell you. ANYWAY, it's been a long couple of days and I'm bushed.

G'night!

~Rebekah~

This entry was posted on 9:37 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

6 comments

I am so glad that you get to spend some time at Jon and Em's with your parents. All the kids will have a blast. Have your camera ready, you know that they are bound to do something absolutely adorable or out of the ordinary that you will want to post about. ~grin~ Praying for your safe trip.

Becki!!! Don't scare me like that! *sob* I about had a heart attack. *sniff, sniff* .... Ok, I'm better now.

The booth looks great! Neat-O.

And yes, I've been in the van with four little kids. Jacob and I have smiled and laughed many times at there jabber and made up songs and play. How long a drive do you have?

It's 11 or 12 hours. Piece of cake, when you're used to going 22 hours or even 30 to see the grandparents!

By the way, Bekah, this probably means I won't be getting that phone call in before Thanksgiving. The new goal is: Before Christmas. If that one doesn't work out, the next goal will be: Before the Birth of My First Grandchild! ;-)

Hey Becki it's Becky, you know, Goodman. I love your blog! I'm a slow starter I guess 'cause I just created my blog this weekend. Anyway, your kids are beautiful!
Have fun on your trip, I feel your pain by the way, 30 minutes can feel like days when the kids are in the right(or should I say wrong)mood.
Stop by and say hi some time. Love you, Bec

WOW! 11 or 12 hrs!!! Whew, better you than me!

Ok, I'll hold you to the call before Christmas. *grin*

I'm trusting that you made it home safely! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!