EXTRA PRAYERS, PLEASE!!!  

Posted by cokelady

I know we're all doing lots of praying nowadays, but I'd like to ask everyone to send up some extra prayers for my Mom and Dad. I know that everybody has been praying for them--that's the only reason they've made it as long as they have! But they are really struggling right now, especially my Mom. God had given her such divine strength and grace to endure all of these horrible things and she was experiencing supernatural peace and joy in her soul. In that victory, she was able to be a strength to my Dad and help him to continue on--I really don't think he would have made it through without her. But Mama is really having a hard time right now and I have no doubt in my mind that it's an attack from the devil. Considering all that is going on, it seems normal to have a hard time, at least periodically. But I feel so convinced that this is more than that; that there are spirits at work in this and that it is a spiritual attack from the devil! I'm not one of those "blame everything on the devil" kind of people, but I really believe that's what's going on here. Mom is really battling and needs a special touch from God to renew her strength, her faith, and her joy. She and Dad are so much "one" that if Mom can receive that special touch from God, it will automatically affect my Dad and be a source of strength to him as well. I'm sorry for making this "public," Mom, but we are to: "Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ" (Gal. 6:2). There is such great power in prayer. Our pastor and wife came over tonight and we had a mighty prayer for Mom and Dad and for The Church of God. The power of God was so strong, and I was so blessed by the realization of the wonderful access we have to God in prayer. We, here in West Texas, can cry out and touch God. He, in turn, can reach down in Virginia and touch Mom and reach down in Tennessee and touch Dad. There are times when the burden just becomes too much to be able to bear alone and we need the support of others, like Aaron and Hur holding up the hands of Moses when he became too weary to carry on alone. Mom and Dad are in that place right now. So spread the word to pray! Not, "They're so depressed; please pray!" But, "Things are so tough right now, victory must be near--let's pray extra hard!" They need the rest of us to carry them near to the heart of God in our prayers, more now than ever. Thank you all in advance.

I'm not sure where to go from there, but I feel such an urgency that "Brother & Sister Smith" need our prayers right now -- I had to ask you all to help pray extra for them. I feel kind of weird going into something "light" from that, so I think I'll wait until next time. I'd hate for you to lose the burden of prayer by me rambling on about a kid shoving popcorn kernals up his nose or something. ;-) I love you all and appreciate all of the love and prayers that have been directed at our family. We are so blessed. Keep praying! God is hearing and answering. I believe that with all of my heart.

Love You All,
~Rebekah~

This entry was posted on 11:33 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

11 comments

Anonymous  

We, too, have felt an urgency to stay before God in prayer for these satanic invasion into the lives of our precious friends. We are concentrating on Brother & Sister Smith, Brother & Sister Horne, and Brother Jon & Sister Emilee Smith. Jesus is well aware of the situations, and He is able to bring strength, comfort, and love into the equation, and deliver His people. Remember, the Saviour knows every move the Devil makes, BEFORE he makes it, and nothing takes Him by surprise. Lean on Him! He is our Shepherd. We love you all! Brother and Sister Clarkson

I felt the same thing yesterday, Sis. That your Mom needed extra uplift from this assault. Last night at our prayer time (pastor, wife and me), such a sweet spirit came when we prayed for your family. We are keeping the Shulers at the forefront of this also. My pastor gave a good presentation of the facts Wed night to his people and he told them that if they didn't pray earnestly for Brother Smith, the enemy could succeed in forcing him to throw up his hands and step aside and then he proceeded to give a picture of what could happen then. He looked over top of his glasses and he said "you better be praying for this man!" He included the family also. I was pretty pleased at how it came out and thanked the Lord for it. NC seems solidly behind the side of the Lord and the right and I'm very thankful for that. I'm praying that camp will be an uplift to your Mom this week. Be assured that you are all being held up and supported in ways you don't begin to know. We love you.

Our family has been solid in praying for your family, but especially your mom and dad. It seems like no matter what I've been doing they have not been far from my thoughts. Your mom left me an email with this verse "when the enemy comes in like a flood, we lift up a standard before him" His flood is destroying so many in his path but I PTL as your parents lift up that standard, IT has covered them. We will continue to pray.

Ahhhh. That explains it. I woke up this morning feeling SO MUCH better. God was hearing prayers while I was sleeping and calmed the fears and soothed the sense of loss and grief I was overcome with yesterday. As I wrote in my journal this morning (before I read this post and knew anything about the PUBLIC prayer request), "The circumstances haven't changed but today, instead of dwelling on all the relationships I've lost, I'm overcome with gratefulness for the ones I still have. I'm grateful first of all for my Lord and Saviour and for His Word. I'm grateful for my husband who is upright and just (which is why the devil hates him so!--Prov. 29:10) and I'm grateful for my wonderful children and their spouses who are such a support to us and who are raising 7 (soon to be 8) FANTASTIC grandchildren to love the Lord. And I'm very grateful for all the saints of God throughout TCOG who are helping us carry this heavy burden during this critical time in the Church." THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH! We're going to make it, by the grace of God!

Anonymous  

9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:
10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee ...

34 He maketh my feet like hinds' feet: and setteth me upon my high places.
35 He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
36 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy gentleness hath made me great.
37 Thou hast enlarged my steps under me; so that my feet did not slip.

We are praying, and the Church is still the apple of His eye, and the righteous will be victotrious by His great and mighty hand. We love you all, Bro. and Sis. Smith, Bro. and Sis. Horne, Bro. and Sis. Smith.

I have been grieved as well by the assault on such precious people. I do not know the half of it. I only know what those who wish to destroy your family have made known. I was not deceived by what I read. I was hurt. Where is the fear of God? He will reestablish that fear once again. He will do so soon. True motives and intents will be made manifest. God help us all. We truly love you all and are moved even more deeply to pray. God will heal all our hurts. He was even able to overcome the rejection of His own, vile treatment by those called religious, and death at teh hands of an oppressor. He did so with a heart full of love and precious mercy to offer forgiveness and eternal peace to the very ones responsible. Forgive them for they know not what they do.

There are those today that are so blinded with pomp and power that they are unable to see how they crucify the innocent. They care not how they hurt or destroy to satisfy their own belly. It hurts. God will answer. He will move. He will resolve what faces us. We must pray and pray like their is no tomorrow. He will judge His house. God bless you all.

page 4 blue book. Praying.

Anonymous  

I feel the touch of the Masters strong hand it's leading me on thru this wearysome land....

I truly feel the touch of the Masters hand in the situations that surround The Church of God at this very hour. God is still in control. Hold on to the ship for it will carry us home!

I am so thankful for the prayer support that everyone has been sending up. The willingness to just pray, even when not asked, is such a strength and comfort to those who are under the gun. As I read these comments and the different posts, I see God bringing His Church together in a way that this generation has never known and it excites me to know that it won't be long now until our Savior returns for His Bride. Shhh...can you hear Gabriel licking his lips to blow that trumpet and call us home? Praise the Lord! Each day brings it's own turmoil, some worse than others, but I am so thankful that God is on the throne, that He is listening to the cries of His children and He is getting ready to bring this heartache all to a close.

A great big THANK YOU for all of the love, support, and especially the PRAYERS! You don't know the strength and blessing that you are to my entire family. My folks especially really NEED to you right now and you've sure been there for them. God bless you all!

Anonymous  

Sis. Horn,
I can't begin to image what you all are going through. I had tremendous respect for you father before this, I have even more now. We are praying for them.

Sis. Net

Psalm91