Life is no fair...  

Posted by cokelady

Just when we finally get music on my blog--and such music!--it all comes crashing down. I noticed that once James added the song to my site I was having trouble nearly every time I tried to access it. My Internet Exporer would encounter an error and just shut down. When James' computer did the same thing tonight I decided we would have to do something. Don't know what the problem is since the music doesn't mess up James' own site. So, after much sorrowful contemplation, I told James to just take the song off. ~sniffle~sniffle~ I'm so bummed. Maybe we'll try again a little later on to figure out what went wrong and get it fixed. But for now, there's WAY too much going on to worry with such things. Which is really another good reason to take "Pennsylvania 6-5,000" off. I felt a little guilty, what, with all of the heavy things going on right now to be sporting such a happy, carefree sounding song! Might come across as if I'm not taking things very seriously. Nothing could be further from the truth. Although I must admit, I have laughed heartily tonight. Even about some really "bad" things going on. You know how sometimes things get bad, then they get really bad, then they get really, really bad, then even worse than that... until you just kind of crack??? Usually it sends me to tears, but on occassion I find myself laughing about how ludicrous things can get. I've reached that breaking point a lot lately, but it's usually been in the fall apart, curl up into a ball, pray-pray-pray-pray-pray and bawl my eyes out kind of way. Tonight, I grabbed my Bible and God SPOKE TO ME. Gave me a Psalm that David wrote thousands of years ago for us (my family, and my Dad in particular) right here today in this particular situation. Felt so much strength and renewal from God, and wonderful peace in my soul. And felt pretty special, too, that He took the time to reserve that "just for us" passage in the Bible all these years! Wow!!! :-) Then I began going over some of the craziness again and found it to be just that: CRAZY. And I laughed. A lot. I really felt like I was going a little loopy myself, just thinking about everything that is going on -- felt like going outside and screaming and jumping around like a wild woman just to release some of that "THIS IS SO NUTS!!!" feeling that was overtaking me. "A great deal of screaming and noise making," that what I felt like doing. ~sigh~ It's so hard to blog and try to express what you're feeling and what's going on in your life when you're trying to be so careful to not say "too much" or anything that might be out of line! I'm sure James will read this very soon though and will let me know if I ought to just delete the whole jumbled post. (By the way, the last post before this one was deleted along with the music. Don't ask -- I have no idea why.) I guess I should find something else to talk about.
So, how 'bout them Broncos?!? ;-) Or the weather--yeah, that's good. How's the weather? HOT here. Way too hot. In more ways than one! Ha! There I go again -- I'll try another subject.
Kids are doing great. Husband is staying busy. Aunt Sue's foot is doing MUCH better. (Don't think it's broken after all, thank the Lord.) Hershey Dog is still out of control. We've got three new stains on the carpet in my office (not in connection with the dog) that James is not very happy about. Don't know what they are or where they came from. Uuummmmm... Hhm. That's about it from around here.
Pastor Sam has found us a church building to use for our services! YEAH! So tomorrow will be our first day. We'll have a 12:00 service, which will be strange, but it will be exciting to have a place to go instead of just our homes every time. I've always loved home ABM meetings and the "closeness" they promote, but we've really missed having a building. So this will be nice. I thank God for opening that door.
Here I am again. Rambling, when I really don't have anything to say. And here you are again, reading it all as if there's something of significance hidden in all of my babblings. I would offer you each $100 for sticking with me through this whole thing, but some of us don't feel comfortable making committments that we're not willing to follow through with. ~AHEM~ That's it for tonight. Keep praying, y'all! God is working and I know He cares for us all. He is sooooo good and I can't begin to express how thankful I am to be in His hands and the joy that is in my soul in the midst of this horrible storm. Sometimes I wonder if it's right to feel so much peace and joy in the middle of something like this??? I mean, it's kind of WEIRD when you think about it! Rambling again. Sorry.
Love you all!,
~~ Becki ~~

This entry was posted on 9:48 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

15 comments

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Hey Bec~ I can call you BEC can't I??? :) I'm thankful God has blessed you with peace and joy. It's not wrong to feel that way. When you let go of all the chaos there room for God to fill you with His joy and peace. I'm proud of you!
I'm really sorry I missed Pennsyvania 6-5,000! That stinks. I was thinking about all those old song the other day when I heard "Diana". I started sing "M-O-P-P, mop!" Oh the good old days of music, veggie tales, ice cream and Bonanza! Love you!!
Mandie

It was Gunsmoke, Moon. Not Bonanza. No matter--it's close enough. :-) It's soooooo great to hear from you on my BLOG! I guess this means you're able to get the page to come up okay now??? I'm sorry you missed Pennsylvania 6-5,000, too. You're one of the few who I know would've really appreciated it! James is working now to get something else on here and see if it works. I'm sure Grace will be thrilled to hear it. ;-) By the way, you'll have to remind me of some of the songs that were on that crazy tape -- the one with the "M-O-P" song. I remember "Sincerely" and "Hot Diggety" and a few others, but I haven't been able to find that tape for years now. :-( ANYWAY, great to hear from you. I'm going to break down and call you one of these days. Just wait, you'll see!

Hey, Bec! I didn't know you'd posted AGAIN so soon! Here, it's been nearly 24 hours and I just now found it. I'm in shock and awe!

I'm not disappointed about the music being removed since I'm at home now with this sloooooow connection and the music stuff just messes me up here--the page won't load right and keeps getting hung up, etc. *sigh* But I'm humming it for you.

It IS bizaare to have such peace in our hearts when there's so much UNREST and ugly attacks to NOT have peace about, but if Christ is truly ruling our hearts and minds, it's a naturaly result. He IS peace. If He (the Prince of Peace) abides within, then I, too, will be filled with peace. Right? Right! Like the verse of "Have Thine Own Way" which says, "Fill with Thy Spirit, till all shall see Christ ONLY, ALWAYS living in me." All of Christ, none of me. Amen!

I can say "Amen!", too, to specific scriptures seemingly hiding for centuries just for US! *winking* I told someone today about a certain scripture and told her that God may as well have written in there, "This is for YOU, Vicki Smith!" *giggling* God is SO GOOD!!!

I'm so glad to hear that you found that scripture and that you were laughing. Laughing is good for the soul. I know that I laugh at alot of things that others don't laugh at, it does seem to help though. Did you get to read my comments on your deleted post before it got deleted? Anyway, talk to you later.

Speaking of not fair. I just prepared a long involved beatuiful comment and in the words of Emeril, "BAM!" It was gone. Well, let's see if I can recapture its essence. First, I know I have been "banned" in a previous post, so I hesitate to share my great wisdom (aka sarcasm). Working in the medical field I know all too well the signs of a nervous breakdown...uncontrollable laughing. Just kidding!!! Keep reading. I am glad that you have found peace in this fiery trial. A merry heart doeth good like a medicine. There is healing in laughter. That seems to be my method of coping. If I can but find something to laugh at, I can make it. I think the peace comes from allowing God to arise. Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered. There is peace in placing the battle in the hands of the one to whom it belongs. That is the peace I sense from all of you. God will prevail.

By the way...What was that about promising $100 bill? What ever do you mean? Who could be so low?

Hey Beki!! I just wanted to let you know that my family and I are praying for your family! I can't imagine what you're going through, and I'm so glad that God has given you a scripture, he always has a way of doing that! When it seems like we can't go on anymore he shows up on the seen. His grace is suffient for all our needs. Know that you've got SO MANY people praying for you and your family. Love ya bunches!!!!!

I sure get it. Laughing one minute, crying the next. Despair for those I love and the Bride, then peace. It's an everyday thing now. Why do you think I've left those silly pelicans on my blog?...lol They just crack me up. Besides, they remind me of some good times when I was 22 and I was living by myself in Key West, Florida and most nights everyone in town went to "sunset". It meant we sat out on a pier watching the sunset while some goofy guys made their Mina birds sing and leftover hippies played their guitars to the setting sun. There were these two pelicans who would always come sit next to me in my "spot" there and I would put bread and stuff down for them. Never got them to eat out of my hand but they were so cool. It was like they waited for me. Pesky and Peewee I named them. Sure do miss those guys! I've been finding all sorts of old memories that bring me warm fuzzies lately. You'll be glad to know that most of them involve church family and good spiritual times, as opposed to pelicans! Just keep laughing and letting that precious peace flow over you. It doesn't surprise me because I think a whole boatload of us are out here praying that over your whole family. Hugs.

I guess God has been reserving scriptures for a lot of us. I usually turn to the Psalms for comfort, but Sunday morning, God took me to Dueteronomy. I was thinking, "what kind of comfort can be found there?" But I turned to the passage that He had placed in my mind and felt such an
overwhelming peace wash over me. Sunday night, He took me back to
the Psalms for another dose of peace and wonderful encouragement. Sunday was a day of trial and laughter. It was like none of us had slept for days, weeks or longer...oh wait, we hadn't, (grin) we laughed and laughed and laughed at the silliest things and I thought, "hmmm...should we be having this much fun in the midst of such seriousness?" I felt God smile in my heart and tell me very plainly, YES! We were able to give God thanks in ALL things at that point and that is exactly what He desires for us to do.

I wish that you still had your song on here because I didn't get to hear all of it, but it was one of my favorites growing up.

Anyway...I'll join you in giving thanks for the wonderful peace that passeth all understanding that only comes from God above!

I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart...where? DOWN IN MY HEART...where? DOWN IN MY HEART. I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart, down in my heart to stay! And I'm so happy, so very happy, I have the love of Jesus in my heart. I'm so happy, so very happy, I have the love of Jesus in my heart! SING WITH ME NOW!
I have that peace that passeth understanding down in my heart...where? DOWN IN MY HEART...where? DOWN IN MY HEART. I have that peace that passeth understanding down in my heart, DOWN IN MY HEART TO STAY!!!!!! Woohoo! Love ya!

Thanks, Sister Tammi, I enjoyed singing along with you! :-)

Anonymous  

Thanks, Sister Tammi, I enjoyed singing along with you! :

Anonymous  

Sis Bec, God is still in charge and He knows just what we need AND when we need it. It is certainly good to be able to laugh at all the ungodly stuff that is going on. God gave us our laughter for a reason. Laughter is good medicine. It is wonderful to be able to go to God's word and have Him talk directly to us. I know that sometimes we do feel guilty when we are able to laugh but it should not be so.
Bro. Clarkson talked to Bro. & Sis. Pruitt this morning and had a very nice conversation with them. While he was talking to them Bro. Smith arrived to have prayer with them. So, he was able to talk to him also. God is so good. Bro. & Sis. Pruitt were having a real good day. Praise God for all he does.
Well I guess I better go as the sewing downstairs is calling my name. ARRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Pray for us. We are praying for all of you. I love you all.
~~Sis. Gaylene~~

Anonymous  

This is very interesting site... » » »

Anonymous  

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Samsung 42 plasma tv australia

Anonymous  

Best regards from NY! »