ATTENTION: A New Blogger Among Us!!!  

Posted by cokelady

A great big welcome to my favorite cousin in Oregon: LYNDI CABALES!!! She has just joined our community here in Blogland and I know you'll all do your best to make her feel welcome. She's been visiting the neighborhood off and on for months now, but she's finally decided to move in and join us. Interestingly enough, she's throwing a Blog Warming Party...for herself. Hhmmm. Her address is: lyndicabales.blogspot.com. You're all welcome to drop by and introduce yourselves, although don't be surprised when she says, "Yeah, I know all about you -- I've been reading your stuff for months!" Oh, and, uh, if you go to see her, take a gift. She's kind of weird that way. She's sure to add some color to our little family here! ;-)

We've had a good weekend. I worked Aunt Sue's store for her on Saturday (her 1-day-a-week employee just quit on her) and that went well. The last time I worked the store by myself was last November, so it's been a while. It's always a FLOP of a day when I work. I was there for 3 hours and the only person I'd seen was the mailman. Not good. I think there was a grand total of 6 (maybe it was 5?) customers all day long. But it all worked out okay because one of them was a CRAZY WOMAN who spent -- brace yourself -- $639.08. Now, to understand the impact of this, you have to know what kind of a store we're talking about. It's not like Sue sells couches or dishwashers or anything. This is a country decor store! You know, froofy little things to set around. The lady spent $640 on candles and shadow boxes and little black dolls and pictures and greenery and just stuff!!! Can you imagine?! She maxed out three credit cards and paid about $200 in cash to do it all. That seems bad enough, but Sue just happened to come in while the lady was there and told me that the same lady had been in a few days earlier and spent over $400!!! CAN YOU IMAGINE?! Over $1000 on junk!!! Just stuff!!! None of it could be considered necessary. Crazy. But it takes crazy people to make a store like that successful, I guess.

I've been compiling our pictures from Family Camp. We've got about 270 of them so far, so once we get Sister Tammi's disc (or is that disk???) there will be well over 500. WOW! Exciting, hu?! What on earth are we going to do with that many pictures?!?!?

I loaded the kids up and took them down to the pond in the middle of town today. Uncle Jerry's grandsons are in town right now and he invited us to take the kids down to fish with them. We've only fished there 3 times, but the kids always have a blast. The fish are tiny (perch and catfish), but you can easily catch one right after another. Katie and Joe each caught fish all by themselves today -- usually somebody will snag a fish for them then let them reel it in. They were excited about that. Katie caught a catfish that was about 10" long! That's huge for this little pond! (Most of the fish are 3-6" long. Pitiful, hu?!) Uncle Jerry helped Sam catch a fish, then tossed the poor thing back out 6 or 8 times and let Sam reel him in over and over again. Fun for Sam, but pretty sorry for that poor fish! And every time Joe would catch one he'd go dragging it across the dirt to go show everybody. Is this considered animal cruelty?!

Well, it's nearing bedtime around here and I need to oversee the clean up project. It seems to have come to a halt. Ah yes, I'm reminded of how fitting the name of my blog is: Buried in Toys. Maybe some day I'll be able to rename it Molly Maid, but for now I'll stick with what I've got. Have a great night!

Later!!!
~Becki~

This entry was posted on 6:54 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

You are braver than I...NO WAY! EWW! Not to mention the filets have this VEIN in the middle. YUCK. Sorry...seen one to many catfish caught outa the river and to many filets in the fridge. BLECH, *shiver*

Thanks for letting us know about Lyndi. I was wondering when she would start. :)

Great post! Keep 'em coming!