Ba-a-a-a-a-ad Blogger!!!  

Posted by cokelady

Referring to me, of course. Don't know exactly what's happened to me, but I just haven't been real faithful at this thing. I've been neglecting it for a whole week now and I finally make time to do it... at 1:00 in the morning, after a VERY, VERY long day, with only one day remaining to do a thousand and two things to get ready for the Assembly trip--and when everybody else is leaving for the Assembly, too, and probably won't even READ this dumb post. Smart. That's me.

It's been a good week. Last time I wrote I mentioned that we were going to Merkel to be in service with the people there. It was especially interesting this time due to the Luna's 3 year old neice who had never been in Church before and who, from all appearances, has never even heard the word "no" spoken aloud. She walked all over the building throughout the service, spent a few minutes playing with the microphone beside the pulpit (until somebody finally turned the thing off, at which time it lost its appeal), sitting in the chair behind the pulpit, tipping it back and forth, strolling in front of the pulpit with a set of keys dangling from her mouth... Shall I go on? To her credit, she never made a peep throughout the entire service. In fact, considering how completely untrained she was, I wondered if perhaps she was mute since she seemed to have no desire try to make noise. (Aside from wrestling around with that microphone, that is.) I learned otherwise after the service as she informed me that she'd be willing to clean my house if I'd take her home. She actually was a very sweet little girl and quite the conversationalist, just the kind of kid who's parents need a good spanking. ANYWAY, the service in Merkel was very good (in spite of the distractions!) and I think there were 17 in attendance. There is always a good spirit in the services there and we enjoy the fellowship with the sweet people.

The kids are keeping us entertained, as always. Katie asked me something the other day, but I got distracted with the boys and after a while she finally said, "Mom, did you ever answer my original question?" The question was concerning why we watch some cartoons with characters who wear make-up and jewelry. Maybe I got distracted on purpose! Ha! That kid doesn't miss a thing. We need a lot of wisdom to make the right decisions with her, that's for sure.

Well, we spent a long, tiring day shopping today. Oh, by the way -- NEWSFLASH!!! We are going to the Assembly!!! I know that probably doesn't sound like anything remarkable to most of you who have just been assuming we'd be there (I'm one of those who was hoping and assuming that!), but we really didn't know HOW we were going to pull it off this year. The past two months have been pretty tight and James said he just didn't see how we could afford to make the trip unless the Lord worked a miracle. So that's what I've been praying for. Two days ago we got a check in the mail from some dear, sweet people Bob and Bobbina (*names changed to protect the humble) for $1,000!!! Can you believe that?! We cried. A LOT. James sat in the chair and sobbed for probably 15 minutes. God is soooooooooo good to us. So we're going to the Assembly!!! PRAISE THE LORD! And we were even able to go do a little bit of shopping today and get some last minute things so our family will look presentable while we're there! WOW! So anyway...

We went to Odessa to have Stacey cut our hair (the kids' and mine) today, then we had to do some running around. We were gone for 12 hours. Can you imagine?! All over Odessa, then all over Midland, then the drive back home... ~whew!~ We came in and put the kids to bed, the got to work on our VLB signs -- some of the stuff we were shopping for today. We did something quite traditional, but new for us -- felt banners. So I did some sewing tonight and we got them pretty much finished and looking good. I love them! They're so great! And then I hemmed a skirt I need for the Assembly and now here I sit, blogging at 1:23 in the morning. Why, you may ask??? Because I am WIDE AWAKE. I take that back. I WAS wide awake when I began writing. I must confess that I'm beginning to feel a bit drowsy now. YEAH! Maybe I'll be able to sleep now. I should. I was up until 2:30 last night getting caught up on all of the laundry and ironing. I watched National Treasure to help pass the time while I was ironing. It was PERFECT! It's such a great movie and exciting enough that it kept me wide awake long enough to finish every stitch of ironing. :-) Anyway, I'm going to try to get some sleep. Big day tomorrow. We leave for Tennessee on Sunday morning, will probably stay somewhere in Mississippi that night, and make it into Chattanooga Monday afternoon. I hope I don't forget anything important. Like a kid or something. Ha! Like THAT could ever happen. The kids are sooooooooo excited for the Assembly. Until we get there and they realize they have to sit still and be quiet in church for 12 hours a day and in the in-between hours they have to sit still and be quiet in restaurants -- for 5 days. Fun, fun, fun! It won't matter. They'll be able to see their Granddaddy, even if only for a moment here and there, and that will be all they'll need to be perfectly happy. I'm rambling again, aren't I? Is that right? Aren't I? No. That can't be right. But amn't I ain't right either! Gettin' worse, hu?! I'll go now. Sleep. I must need sleep. If I don't get back here again before, I'll see most of you at the Assembly!!! The rest of you, I WISH I was seeing you at the Assembly!

Love Ya',
~ Becki ~

This entry was posted on 9:05 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

LOL! We were both up writing a post when we both should of been in bed. I'm glad that you guys are able to go to the Assembly. GOD IS SO GOOD!!! Wish I could say "See you at the Assembly" but since I can't I'll just say be careful on your drive and GOOD NIGHT!

I'm happy for you too. That's great news. I'll pray for you all to have a safe trip and be blessed immensely while you're there. What a blessing it'll be for you and the kids to see your parents. I'm sure you miss them. Well, take care.

BTW, I'm not sure either about the "aren't I" thing either ... I think it's correct, but I never have known for sure what's proper grammar there. Maybe we should just all say, "I'm rambling again, huh?"

Oh! I just looked it up online and according to http://www.english-zone.com/grammar/tags01.html, aren't I is correct. So there ya' have it and there ya' are! Yay, now I know, too. :-)
Love ya'll. Be safe. :-)

Anonymous  

"Ain't I", works good, too!

Jesus has once again delivered, and we will see you at the Assembly. God Bless you! Isn't that just like God????

This Assembly is going to be GRAND! Whatever happens, God is going to be given control, or TAKE control, whichever is needed. I want to be on the side of Righteousness and Honor. Praise God! Am I preaching, or ain't I??

Brother Clarkson (Sr.)