Dad's Birthday Present!  

Posted by cokelady


Dad's birthday was yesterday, so this will be a little late (that's our tradition - ha!), but isn't it great?! A few days ago I got the kids in all their cowboy duds, then went and drug our resident photographer out of bed and we all went down to the Masonic Lodge. For real! They've got this fantastic old building that's all run down and looks to be at least 150 years old (although I'm sure it's not). It used to be a bank, I think. It's got bars and was just the perfect setting for our photo session. We had to open the door (it wasn't locked, since it was behind the bars, I guess) so you wouldn't be able to see the lodge symbol in the door (!), so I guess the kids really could've been thrown in jail--for trespassing! I can't imagine anybody would have cared. Especially once they saw the terrific pictures that were produced there! We got lots of fun shots, but this was undoubtedly the best. Don't you just love Sam's expression?! He looks like he really did just throw Kate and Joe in the slammer! I love it!!! I would definitely recommend Sam Kaufman as a photographer for all of your photographic needs -- he always ends up with the most fantastic pictures...even though he's a loser at Rummy. (Confession: Sam won last time we played.) ANYWAY, I've got to get back to work (you'd think that late night post from last night would have been enough to tide me over!), but I thought I'd post this for all to see. No worries about Dad seeing it ahead of time and spoiling the surprise. He's no blogger. ;-)

This entry was posted on 9:55 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

14 comments

Oh yeah, and we found this terrific barnwood frame for the picture, too. PERFECT!!!

Bec,

The picture is GREAT! I thought you did a good job with the picture, but then when I read your post and you said Sam Kaufman took the picture it made perfect sense. He really does take the BEST pictures. Dad's gonna love it!!!!

Awww. They are all so cute! I know that Bro. Smith will love his birthday present! Can't wait to see ya'll at the Assembly.

Your right! Sam's look is just too cute! Perfect! lol That's great.

Anonymous  

Awesome! Brother and Sister Clarkson

That picture is to die for! It's PERFECT! Dad is gonna LOVE it. It'll be perfect for his cowboy/western den (which we hope to go home to SOON!!!).

Anonymous  

Super Pic Becki!!!

Love the picture. The kids are great!

Cute pic, Becki. What a neat idea, what with your kids all into cowboys and stuff. That's great!

Are you home yet? We miss you.

I was about to give you a good tongue lashing about not posting, but I remembered that you were going to Penn. after the Assembly. So, you are probably just getting home. You're saved, for now, but you better get on the ball before your excuse runs out. :) Post soon!!

Good GRIEF!!! POST ALREADY!!!

No kidding! You'll probably get around to posting when I'm at some motel that doesn't have internet access! ARGH! It isn't like you have children to take care of or a Ladies' Retreat to plan or anything...come on...get with it! ~hee hee~

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.