So when evil is afoot...  

Posted by cokelady

That's right folks, here we go again. This will be the third time (I think) that I've blogged this, but the first time on my very own site. It's so appropriate though and I can't get it out of my mind. Here we go. ~ahem~

"So when evil is afoot and you haven't got any arms, you've got to use your head. And when evil is ahead and you're behind, you gotta get a leg up. So keep your chin up, and be hip!"

There now. Don't we all feel better?! God is sooooo good to us and I'm so thankful for His continuing care. He's always right on time. Thank you all for your prayers for my parents--God is answering and sending them the strength they need. It's a great relief to me. I don't deal with things too well when I know they're all torn up and struggling! So thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers--they're helping us all, and The Church of God. Keep it up! :-)

It's been a good day around our house so far. The past week or so has been full of lots of work, but not much actually being accomplished. I hate it when it's like that! But last night I finally finished up on all of the laundry and that colossal mound of ironing that has been accumulating in the utility room for the past... Ha! I don't even remember last time I was totally caught up on it! So it feels good to have that behind me, at long last. It's so nice to be HOME and to finally feel like things are getting back to normal. That sounds so stupid. Nothing is normal anymore, but at least we're home and getting things in order. I made smothered elk steaks for dinner last night (WOW, that was great--it's been ages!) and I've got a meatloaf in the oven right now. I'm going to be working Aunt Sue's store for her tomorrow since her other daughter, Sharry, is visiting this weekend. That's always a nice change of pace and, no more than I do it (just a few times a year), I really enjoy it. Then it will be back to the HOME things.

The kids are doing great in "school." I'm continuously amazed at the words Katie reads, and she's doing really great with her addition and subtraction, too. In English, she's learning about verbs and nouns and adverbs!!! HUH?! I didn't learn any of that stuff until 3rd Grade! But it's in this 1st Grade book of hers. And Katie loves it. Especially verbs. ACTION!

The boys are all excited because James brought them some really neat badges today--Marshall and Deputy. So they've got on their cowbody duds right now, Joe being a mirror image of Matt Dillon, all except the height. He's got his brown boots, tan pants, redish shirt, brown vest, and light colored hat. It makes him sooooooo happy. And me, too. ~big smile~ And I've noticed that as soon as he gets dressed up his southern drawl intenisfies greatly. Ha! Crazy kid.

Sam is still battling his fear of the Rumor Weed (you have to be a Veggie Tales fan to understand that), but is doing quite well otherwise. He is sooooo fun to listen to. I just love the way he talks and the crazy things he says. And he's sooooo stinkin' cute! He's the most kissable kid I've got right now. :-)

That's probably about it from here. Nothing too exiting, I know. That's okay with me though. There are so many other things going on, it's kind of nice to have things "boring" here at home. We do have our daily "screaming and noise making" (sorry--I just can't get over that one! Ha!) with the little ones. And on occassion they act like three little loose cannons, set on taking each other out and conquering, like a trio of little dictators out of control--you just never knew when or where the next explosion may take place!!! RUN FOR COVER!!! ~sigh~ Must be in their genes. Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Hee! Hee! Ho! Ho! Ha! Ha! Ha! I feel so much better. Mom, if I'm out of line just "shake my cage" (that's what Brother Dewberry told me today! Ha!) and I'll delete the whole schmere. I'm banking on the fact that Jonathan isn't much of a blogger. I know he wouldn't approve. ;-) Okay, I'm really going now. Thanks for all the prayers and keep it up! (And I'm sure Jon would appreciate it if you'd aim a few more of them directly at me and my big mouth. KA-BOOM! Whoops, there goes that cannon again...)

Hangin' In There,
~ Rebekah ~

This entry was posted on 2:46 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

13 comments

You are such a riot! I love your blogs, especially the ones about the ordinary, every day things that happen with Katie Rue, Mosey Joe and Sambo.

I've been working on camp pics all afternoon (NO! I'm still not done). As soon as I finish them, I'll get them on CD or DVD and send them off to you.

Can't wait to get the pictures! No pressure though. ;-) We got a CD full of pictures from Keven & Michele and one from Sam & Tammy. So with those plus yours and mine we should have quite a selection. It would still be nice to see some SHULER pictures thrown in. Hhmmm.... (HINT, HINT, HINT!!!)

I haven't done anything with the video yet. We've got the equipment to make DVD's now instead of VHS, but I've never done it before. We need to get it all out and get to work on it! Maybe this next week. We'll see!

Whenever we have meatloaf another "Page" gets added to the book. :D

How much are you guys going to sell the picture CD's for? I've got so many pictures that we may have to put them on a DVD rather than a CD. We definitely want Shuler pictures too!

Whoa!!! This is amazing! Emilee and Lyndi, succuumbing to irresistible pull to BLOG in the very same week! WELCOME, LYDNI!!! I'll head right over to your place--and I'll even try to pick up a gift on the way. Hhmmm...

Anonymous  

I'm no blogger but my wife's response to this post piqued my interest in its contents...

Clever/funny stuff.

I considered writing an eight page comment in response to this post accompanied by some other letters validating and supporting my position...but I opted out.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Love you guys--

~whew~ I'm so glad I'm not the only mouthy one out there. Thanks, Uncle Colin! ;-)

Anonymous  

Bec, I laughed so hard that I cried... Colin couldn't resist, he had to finish reading some of it for me... That is so funny! I have chuckled throughout the day thinking about this.

The comments are as funny as the posts! I love it!

Sis.Becki!
i almost spit up coke!
ha ha

I do believe you have the most adorable cannons ever - hehe

Anonymous  

Your children sound like such fun, mine ... you just never see them!LOL!