I've Crashed... But I'm Happy!  

Posted by cokelady

My cleaning frenzy has come to a screeching halt. I have encountered a Jekyll and Hyde type transformation from Molly Maid herself into a lazy good-for-nothing lug, giving the Nothing Day Queen (Hi, Lyndi!) a run for her money. I don't know what got into me, but I kind of went nuts with the cleaning thing. After doing that major cleaning in the office and all three bedrooms I did, indeed, stay up and do the same thing in the living room and den. 5 full rooms, top to bottom in one day!!! That's got to be a record. I know it is for me, anyway! I must confess, I did skip a few ceiling fans. And I only pulled out the small furniture (chairs, end tables, etc.)--left the couches and piano in place and worked around them. But still!!! And get this: the next day I did the great big "deep cleaning" (is that what you call it, Grace?!) on both bathrooms, then the kitchen floor. (If you had any idea the condition of James' bathroom, you would better understand what a miserable job that was. When I have to take Sam in there because the other bathroom is occupied, he always says, "It's gwoss in here, Mom!!!" If a 2 year old notices, it's BAD.) Anyway, all I have left to do now is the kids' play room. I've been putting that off for two days now. Don't know why. It's really easier than all of the other rooms. I think I just ran out of steam. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow will be the day. I've never had my whole house clean at the same time before! Not REALLY clean, that is. I'm so close I can almost taste it -- just one room away! -- and yet I'm struggling to find the motivation to just get in there and take care of it. Weird. By the time I work up the motivation it'll be time to start on my office again! ;-P

My spirits are much improved since last time I wrote. Thank the Lord! He's helping me. He promises that His grace is sufficient. He's so good to give us just as much grace as we need. Sometimes we want more (and sometimes He floods us with "extra" grace!), but He never fails to give what we need. I feel good in my soul. And I feel great having an almost totally clean house. And I'm rejoicing over Sam Kaufman's marvelous losing streak. ~aaahhhh, yes~ That may be the best part of all. For months he smothered us every time we played games, but he's been losing and losing BIG for weeks now. Yes, he has toppled off of that Game Guru throne he'd gotten so used to. God is good. ;-)

In other news (although it's old news by now), I have received my call. You know, we pray and pray and pray for God to give us a calling and let us know what He wants us to do for him. Who could've known that when we finally received our call it would be Vicky Bly on the other end of the line. It is comforting, however, that we've all received the same calling and have the same cross to bear, side my side. I do hope we are side by side, instead of in a massive pile of white gowns and bloomers. It makes me a wee bit nervous to think of 43 women all carrying the train of one wedding gown. How big did you say that train is, Sister Vicky??? OOOOHH! I just had a thought! LYNDI!!! Lyndi is going to the Assembly this year! She can be the caboose! Add her to the list, Sister Vicky! You can contact her at lyndicabales.blogspot.com -- I'm sure she would be soooooooo happy to help you out!!! Just be sure to put her in the rear. She's the type girl who would fit your saved, sanctified, Holy Ghost filled criteria, but who would also slip a foot out to trip the leader of the pack just for the thrill of watching the dominoes tumble. Anyway... Has anybody had any luck finding something white to wear? I tried my wedding gown on a few weeks ago to see if I can fit in it (barely can), but that's the only white dress I've got. I don't think that'll work. Then we'd all have two trains to carry. We've got enough problems. I'll have to go shopping.

It's late. I'm bushed. Tomorrow I'm going to try (again) to get the kids' room whipped into shape, then I've got Sunday School and WMB to prepare for. Everybody have a great weekend! -- And be sure to pray for my folks and Brother Dupre this weekend as they travel and visit with everybody. We need God's answers, His wisdom, His healing. Thanks again for the support and prayers!!!

Love You All,

~~ Becki ~~

This entry was posted on 10:59 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

13 comments

Thanks for the prayers, Sister Pam!

*** SISTER BLY ***
I have successfully schnookered two more unsuspecting victims into the line-up: Gaylene Clarkson and Michele Lewis. I'm hoping to snag Shanda Clarkson, and there's a possiblity I can have up to three of our Spanish ladies from New Mexico help out as well. But judging from the blogs, you may have enough women lined up already! (Plus Jason -- eeewwww!) Let me know if I should pursue any more for you, or if you think you're getting close to your limit already.

Hey, How did I get mixed up in this lady in white thing? I have been to ladies retreat before. We delivered my mother-in-law one year. The funny thing was they went into the sanctuary to check in, service was going on. It was getting very cool outside, we were locked out of the car and my mother-in-law had the keys. They were supposed to be right back out. All we could hear was shouting and rejoicing. We must have had bad spirits at that point because we didn't feel nothing but the Ozark cold! I vowed never to return. I did not really. But I will not don a white dress for anyone. And if you ladies don't find your white dresses, you will look like a bunch of spots. There are those that will have a time with that.

I found my white dress also today!! Wow, it's a good thing that we don't all live in the same area because there wouldn't be any white dresses left. ~grin~

One question...when Sis. Vicky says "ALL white" does that mean that I have to wear white hose too?

I've been asked that by somebody else from the White Lady Club. I dunno. I guess we'll let sister Bly answer that one. Please?

By the way, Lyndi, your statement about never hurting a WHITE lady doesn't sound very good. If you weren't married to such a dark man I'd wonder exactly how you meant that! FOR SHAME!!! :-P

Oh, and I'm cleaning again today. And I'M HAPPY. So there.

Anonymous  

Hey Bec~ I'm at Jacob and Rebekah's. So, I thought I would say Hi in the "blab" world. Anyway...... I have enjoyed having Mandie and her fam, with us. It is nice!!!!! With 5 kids and 4 adults in one house, I say we have done pretty good! God is good! I too wish I could be at the assembly this year. I have not been in 6 years!!! Yikes! I went to 10 assemblies in a row then we missed one have never recovered. I guess that can happen when we live a good 3 days away. Well, love ya lady and I'm sure I'll call ya before the day is done!!!!! Remember, I'm in your corner.
wee-saw

Just wondering if my tan hose would work or if I needed to buy white. The only time I tend to buy colored hosiery is when I wear black. Either works, I just wanted to make sure that I was doing what I needed to.

So glad we dont have to wear white hoses- Im blonde and pale skinned- with all of this white on Im going to so look albino :oP

I was able to find a white skirt at the first store I stopped at and finding a shirt shouldnt be to hard.

Rather than the White Dress Club, it sounds more like a cult. That is really what people would think if you lived in the same area. Eveeryone coming in snatching up the white dresses. I can even visualize some fighting over one. Fighting in The Church of God *laughs histerically* who'd imagine. That would never happen! You all could start something new instead of the Red Hat Society...*best announcer voice* Introducing the Pale Dress Society...I am going to rec to the Q&S for study yhtat women wear white dresses always. I'm out of here before I get mobbed!!!!

Anonymous  

I found my white dress. Now for shoes ...

Sis Vicky,

There are two ladies from the spanish church here in Idaho that are coming to assembly. if you still need two spanish ladies I can ask them for you. Let me know

Becki, can you clean our ceiling fans. Wen don't believe in it.

Anonymous  

This is very interesting site... Ancient egyptian cosmetics