OKAY, OKAY, OKAY!  

Posted by cokelady

Listen up, world...
EMILEE IS NOT IN LABOR ANYMORE!!!
As if you weren't aware of that already. I tell ya', some people are so pushy!!! Anyway, I'll pretend none of you have heard the joyous news as yet: Emilee gave birth to 6 lb. 12 oz. Ezekiel David at 2:02 Tuesday morning. Wa-Hoo!!!!! She seems to be doing just fine and has sounded quite chipper when Mom or I have talked to her. Good deal! If you'd like to see pictures of the new addition, you can visit bigredvan.blogspot.com. :-)


Quite frankly, I just haven't felt like blogging. I've wanted to feel like it, but every time I sat down at the computer I'd think, "Nah. ~sigh~ Not right now." I guess I just didn't have much to write about. I still don't, but here I am. You bunch of nags will be sorry for giving me a hard time! I'll show you!!!! I'm going to post the longest blog ever, about absolutely NOTHING!!! Nothing is in the box!!!!

Let's see... Hhmmm... Uh... Hhmmph. Did I mention Emilee had her baby? I did? Right. Uummm... How's everybody doing in that Presbytery meeting? Been listening to it and enjoying it to the fullest??? Yup, that's what I thought. Boy, there really is nothing to write about tonight. No, that's not true. Christmas. I can always write about Christmas in this house.

James took us down to Odessa tonight for a special family meal at a nice restaurant we rarely go to. We've been doing our Big Fast for the Assembly this week because we weren't sure of what all might be going on next week (I hope God will still count it, even though we're a week early!), so we REALLY enjoyed dinner! Steak and ribs and baked potato and onion rings... ~aahhhh~ It was delicious. Of course, after a big fast, a peanut butter sandwich would be delicious. Man!!! Think of all the money we could have saved! Oh well. I guess I blew this paragraph. It was supposed to be about Christmas. Let me try again.

After our nice dinner, we went to a pet store (just for the fun of it), then out to Hobby Lobby to look at--you guessed it--Christmas stuff. ~sigh~ I just can't stop that man of mine. I was talking to Melissa on the phone today and suddenly he picks up the phone out in his office and blares another Christmas song (from my favorite album, naturally) over the phone. Never did turn it off until I appeared in the doorway giving him the look of death. It's soooooo unfair! I LOVE Christmas sooooooo much. But what makes it sooooooooo wonderful is that it only comes around once a year, so all of those special "Christmas only" things are treasured because they're rare. Not around here. I'll be surprised if James doesn't have the tree up by the end of the week. Freak.

Anyway, although we went to Hobby Lobby to look at Christmas stuff (we eventually did, by the way), we stumbled across a huge clearance sale on all of their VBS craft supplies. WOW! I think we paid about $28 (is that right, James?) and when we added up the retail prices it came to $98! Fantastic!!! Success! I love it. That will be a HUGE help in Sunday School as well as home school for the next year -- or probably far beyond a year. We got a TON of stuff. The kids are sooooo excited.

Ah yes, the kids. Surely there's something to say about them. Aunt Kay, Katie has agreed to sing a song during your preliminary music slot at the Assembly, however she said she, "might need someone to stand by me... just in case." (Grace, pass the word along to your Mom if she isn't blogging herself, okay? Thanks!) The boys are spending the whole of their days as cowboys, as always. James sat down to watch Paladin (you know, that old "Have Gun, Will Travel" show from the 60's) the other day. They were SOOOOOOO excited. Ran and put on their hats and boots and brought their rifles with them so they could help shoot the bad guys. The other day Joe picked up a map of the U.S. and said, "I am the meteorologist." (Really, that's what he said! Who knew!) Then the forcast began, "Right over here," he said while pointing at the map, "there are some cowboys who don't love God. It's gonna be very cold there! And look here--this is Kansas...where Matt Dillon lives." The kid can't even talk about the weather without cowboying it. But then, I wouldn't have him any other way. I mean, any kid who can mosey like Joe ought to be a cowboy. :-)

Guess that's it for now. I failed, didn't I? I've written longer posts before, I'm just sure of it. And there have probably been a few that were even more boring than this one. Bummer. I'll try again next time. Surely I can beat my own record for the longest, boringest (I know, I know!) posts around. Right, JASON?! I know YOU have confidence in me. Okay, I'm outta here.

G'night!
~Bec~

This entry was posted on 7:57 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

7 comments

So happy to hear about the new addition and that all's well.

I hate to admit it, but I'm probably just as bad about Christmas stuff. Just can't wait to get the tree up ... it usually goes up around mid-November here ... with or without Anthony's help. :-) Actually, we bought Christmas stuff on our honeymoon IN JULY. How's that for weird? It was what I wanted for my honeymoon souvenir. I know; I need help.

WEIRD. You should have married James--then you guys could have had a whole bunch of little elves running around the house all year round! ;-) As it is, I have to threaten everybody within an inch of their lives if they don't stop singing "Blue Christmas" in the middle of August. Katie came in from James' office singing it just yesterday. ~sigh~ I just can't win.

I love it! You were trying so hard to be boring and you failed miserably because I was still giggling while reading it. I am so glad that you just don't have it in you to be boring. Love ya!

THANK YOU for putting my misery to an end!!! ~~smile~~

Anonymous  

I'm so glad Katie will sing for us... Jacob said he'll stand by her.

I'm with Em, THANKS for putting her misery to an end. That poor woman was in labor for days and DAYS!

I love the Meteorologist story! HA! I can just hear him trying to pronounce that. *hee hee*

I'm NOT ready for Christmas, but I AM ready for fall decor. I want to go home and dig out all my sunflowers, mums, autumn leaves, pumpkins, scarecrows and fall decor. I want to just stay home and be domestic. I want to finish the house remodel. Floors would be nice. It'll be SO NICE to get the house done! I can't wait.

Oh, and I'm SO looking forward to Katie's special song! How neat!!!

That was too cute and funny. Joe's weather forcast, that would be a hit!