I'm Doing the Work! I'm Not a Slacker!!!  

Posted by cokelady

Okay, people, it's like this. We were gone for 18 days on that Assembly trip -- had to go a day early for the Presbytery meeting, then stay a day late for another one. Day after that was spent driving to Pennsylvania, then three days were spent visiting with James' folks there. Then another day to drive back to Cleveland (it's about 10 hours away), then we were supposed to head home the next day, but my wonderful and thoughtful husband decided we'd spend an extra day in Cleveland for the sole purpose of being able to spend a little extra time with my folks. WOW!!! ~gushing with love and appreciation~ We visited with them for a little while in the morning, then just dinked around town until Dad was able to leave HQ that evening and meet us for dinner. Afterwards we went and looked at a house for sale (the folks are in the market, you know!), then went back to HQ and sat down and watched Veggie Tales with the kids in the lobby. (Shhhhhh! Don't tell! -- It's so difficult to visit Mom and Dad right now with no place to go to relax, you know?!) Anyway, it was getting a little late so we put Dad to bed :-) then Mom came back to our motel room with us so she and I could play a game once we put the kids down for the night. I won, of course. ~ahem~ Anyway, the NEXT day we finally headed for home. Made it all the way to Terrel, TX, just east of Dallas before stopping for the night. That gave us about 7 hours to drive to make it home the next day, so that was a breeze. Finally made it home this past Wednesday, threw myself into unpacking and tackling the entire mountain range of laundry (Peak Bleachables is always HUGE after the Assembly), then spent the next few days putting our Regional paper together, as it was already about 3 weeks late. Finished that up on Saturday, then put together Sunday School and song service for Sunday. After service yesterday Sam & Tammy came over to help James "build" the Regional papers and stuff envelopes, etc. They stayed until 1:30am (!!!!) watching Assembly DVD's with us -- after I beat Sam REALLY, REALLY, REALLY bad at a game. ~satisfied sigh~ Life is good. So ANYWAY, that's where I've been and what I've been up to. I really don't think I deserve all of the nagging that has come my way for being a "slacker" and not posting in so long. Especially from people who should be struck by lightning from the sheer hypocracy of such an accusation. I won't mention any names, but I do suddening feel the irresistable urge to burst into song... BLUE MOON!!!! You saw me standing alone!!!.........

By the way, as we were leaving church after service yesterday a 94 year old man and his wife came walking through the door, hoping they weren't too late to join us. He began inquiring as to which church we were (we meet in the First Christian church building) and Brother Sam told him that we were The Church of God--but not the "elders" Church of God from down the road. The man says, "Yeah, that church way back in the 20's came out of Brother A.J. Tomlinson's church." !!! You should have seen Sam's face!!! Ha! Ha! Ha! It was priceless!!! I had to go (James was already outside in the van with the kids), but I guess Sam and Tammy had a real good visit with the man and his wife. He used to be a minister in the Church, but has been away from it for years and years now and has some kind of goofy ideas, but nothing Brother Sam thinks that can't be overcome with a little effort and love on our part. The man has a sister in Mississippi who is still in the Church of God of Prophecy and none of them had ever heard about the split in '93, but they're not happy at all with the course that church is going. Anyway, it's a tremendous open door and we're so excited about the possibilities--they're planning on joining us for service this Thursday. Help us pray for them! His name is Ellis Poole -- mention him to the Lord, if you will. Thanks!

Okay, I've got to get about my day. I was really just stopping by to put an end to the griping. So here's the part where you all tell me how wonderful it is to have be back and you heap on the praises and compliments because I have taken time from my busy life (it's 9:20am, nobody has been dressed OR eaten breakfast at this point) and written to all of my dear friends and associates. HA! The kids are starving and I'm ready to get some real clothes on. Until later...
Love You All!,
~ Becki ~

This entry was posted on 7:59 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

9 comments

Alas! A post!! I...I can't believe it! *yells at wife* Tabithia, she is alive! Welcome back to Blogville.

yay! she lives!
Alright gang! cancel that search party.. she's surfaced...

Hi, Bec. I was NOT one of your accusers. I figured you were visiting family. All the same, welcome back.

Now GO TO MY BLOG AND SEE MY BABY please. :-)

Love ya.

Jason, "Alas a post??????" How dare you insult Becky that way!!!!

You realize you will not be able to live that down, right?

It's about time!!! Oh, wait, you were wanting "praises and compliments because you took time out of your busy life"? Hmmmmm. Alright. I praise and compliment you for taking time out of your busy life to brighten up Blogsville. And, it's about time!

Okay, enough is enough. I thought I was very nice and kind in my last comment to you about not posting. I knew you would be gone from home for a long time and needed time to recover. I didn't give out any naste threats. No name calling on my part. And what do you do to me? Smear my blog with all sorts of mean words. Hmmm, I feel a song coming on myself... "Just wave your little hand and whisper so long deary, 'cause you ain't gonna see me any more. And when you discover that your life is dreary, don't you come a knockin' at my door..."

Sister Melanie--sorry to guilt you into updating your own blog. But HEY, whatever works! I'll be coming to see you there soon, I'm sure. It's lunchtime now, so the shorties are, once again, hungry. But let me just finish my comments first... :-)

Mandie--let me respond to you with the conclusion of your own song, "'Cuz I'll be all dolled up and singin' a song that says, 'YOU DOG! I told you so!!!'" I don't konw what that has to do with anything, but how could I leave that song just hanging there without the "YOU DOG" part?! You're right. I was a little unfair. You were decently kind to me in your last comment. Even though you did throw that "post soon -- your excuse is about to run out!" thing in at the end. But since we've both found the time to get online and lash out at one another, I guess we can stop griping about our failure to keep in touch, hu?! Wow!!! We've done great things for each other!!! ~sigh~ That's how a great friendship works. ;-)

Lyndi--my sincerest apologies about the "slacker" thing. To be honest, it never crossed my mind how inappropriate or offensive that might be to some people. (I hope none of those people frequent my blog, but I guess you just never know!) That's been one of the most heavily used words in my vocabulary for several years now and I'm not sure how to abstain from using it. It's descriptive in a way I've failed to discover in any other words. Help me find a good replacement and I'm all for it!

Anonymous  

hey Bek
its great to have you back