Sorry 'bout that!  

Posted by cokelady

Hey everybody! Sorry these same ole' pictures of the house are up near the top of the page again -- I'll try to write a lot in the next few days so they'll be shoved back toward the bottom again. Ha! Ha Ha! Ha! Ha! Hee! Hee! Ho! Ha! Ha! Ha! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!! I'm afraid that's pretty unlikely. I just can't seem to stay home long enough and out of all-consuming jobs long enough to be able to blog like I used to. ~sigh~ The pity. HA!

Right now I'm sitting in our motel room in Cleveland, Tennessee. We left Texas last Saturday afternoon, got to Cleveland late Sunday night, stayed and spent some time with Mom and Dad over the 4th, took care of our business at HQ on Wednesday, then drove up to Pennsylvania to spend a couple of days with James' folks. His brother, Mike, and his three boys happened to be there, too, so we had quite a little family reunion! It was a short visit, but well worth the trip. The kids all had SO MUCH FUN together. Katie and Mike's oldest, Noah, are the same age and they get along soooooo good. They ran barefoot outside all day long, playing in the water and picking apples off the trees, climbing all over the new swing set and just romping all over the place. It was great. And James even got to enjoy his favorite meal from childhood: Danny's Pizza. *GAG*COUGH*SPIT*SPUTTER*GAG AGAIN* It makes him so happy, so we all just choke it down along with him and try to smile. I drink a lot more Coke than usual with that meal. :-)

We got to Pennsylvania LATE Wednesday night (Thursday morning, actually!) and stayed through Friday, then drove the 10 hours back to Cleveland yesterday. We finally found a motel (most of them were booked up, due to some ball game in town) and got the kids to bed at a semi-decent hour. We got up this morning and attended the last session of the Tennessee State Convention, then Sister Willystene Calfee treated us to lunch at Ryan's, along with Mom and Dad and Kasey, who was lonely. I mentioned that for your benefit, Kasey. :-) Anyway, Mom and Dad went back to their home-away-from-home (their camper parked outside of HQ) for a nap, and we came back to the motel to try to get our own naps in. Although James is sleeping soundly (I'm presently listening to the steady drone of his snoring...), I hear the rustling of covers and the muffled snickering of little children, thus informing me that "nap time" isn't working out as successfully as we had hoped. These kids NEED naps, though. They've been running so hard the past several days. They always over-do it when they're with grandparents -- Katie, especially. She plays SO HARD and functions on pure adrenalin (sp?) the entire time. Then she will suddenly and without warning reach "the end" and just CRASH. So we've got to get that child some sleep during these couple of hours we're AWAY from the Grandparents. (The "Granddaddy," more acurately!) Besides, I feel like I'm about ready to crash, too! So as soon as I log off here, it will officially be declared WHOLE HORNE FAMILY NAP TIME, with the death threats that always accompany such a declaration. ;-)

We plan on spending some time with Mom and Dad tonight, then heading back towards Texas tomorrow. We should be home by Tuesday evening, if our plans don't change. Then we'll have to kick it in high gear to get prepared for Family Camp that starts on Sunday. It's in Cortez, Colorado this year (I'm soooooo excited about that!!!), so it's going to be about a 12 hour drive for us. We may drive part of the way on Saturday, we're not sure yet. Probably depends on how quickly we can get 6 lessons and a children's church service put together and get the laundry and ironing finished up and thrown back into the suitcases. ~whew~ Makes me tired just thinking about it! But I only feel that way until I listen to everything Mom and Dad have going on -- then I feel real guilty for thinking my life is hectic. I've got it sooooooooo easy!

Okay, I'm outta here. Nap time, here I come! Ya'll take care -- I'll try to check in (and maybe even visit some other people's blogs -- wouldn't that be something?!) real soon.

Love You All,
~~ Becki ~~

This entry was posted on 1:55 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

7 comments

Hey! It was GREAT to hear from you again. Wow, you are going to be busy the next few days or so. I know you will have fun though. Take care! Love ya guys.

Welcome back! You've been missed.

I'll trade your 12 hour drive for my 22 hour drive. I tried to get Paul to let me have his plane ticket and he could just ride with the guys, but he wouldn't go for it. Something about Gracie couldn't wait a day longer to see him or something equally as nauseating. ~grin~

Anyway...so glad that you guys have had a chance to visit family and enjoy yourselves for a bit. We are so looking forward to seeing you at camp. We'll be praying for your safe journey home.

i feel so...loved...or something like that anyway. I hope your husband doesn't think I am weird. Hmmm, though, that would be the obvious conclusion one would draw after meeting me for the first time.

btw...have fun. I loooove traveling. I will envy you a lot and covet it slighlty. Only I will just covet a little bit, so I don't sin or nothin' :)

YOU have been SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO missed. Glad you are back for even this short time. Praying for y'all as you get ready to head out again.....

Anonymous  

Very nice site! » » »