Nothing of Interest  

Posted by cokelady

No, really -- I have nothing to say tonight. I have absolutely no reason to blog whatsoever, except to set a new record for myself: 3 days in a row. Please, hold your applause -- that's enough, really -- you can stop now. ~ahem~

We had a combo WBM & CPMA service tonight because James (CPMA) and I (WMB) decided to go galavanting around the country for the first half of the month and this was the only time we'd be available to do our services. Everybody seemed a bit distracted tonight really. Been a busy or rough day for most. My klutzy Aunt Sue broke her foot today (at least we think it's broken), so she came hobbling to service in a lot of pain. That didn't help, I'm sure! It was a good service in spite of it all. God's always so good to help us.

Sister Clarkson, you'll be glad to hear that Joe has been downright gluttonous today. Started off with two big bowls of cereal (Mom does not cook breakfast on fast day!), then chicken noodle soup for lunch (forgot about the chicken it it -- he feasted on all four tiny little cubes of it! Ha!), then three BIG pieces of Pizza Hut pizza tonight. He's been trying real hard to make up for those four days he did without -- tells me all the time how hungry he is and keeps on asking for more. Maybe tomorrow would be a good day to whip out another ham sandWICH (emphasis for your sake, Mom)...

Katie read her entire Dick & Jane story book (198 pages, I think) during nap time yesterday. The kid is reading up a storm and loving it. Katie told the lady at the library yesterday, "It's pretty amazing that a 5 year old can read so well, isn't it?!" I just told her to be quiet and sit on the rug. *blushing* That kid. She'll be the first to tell you all of the amazing things about herself!

Sam. What's Sam been up to. Hhmmm... He's into the stealing-everybody-else's-stuff thing BIG TIME right now. I heard Joe in the other room this morning saying, "No, Sam -- give me my toy back. Sam, that's mine -- can I have it? Give it to me, Sam..." I came around the corner just in time to see Sam lunging for Joe. Tackled him and would've proceeded with his ruthless attack had not he been yanked out of the fray. I mean, how dare Joe ask for his own toy back?! He's got a lot of nerve! Pray for us. We're really trying to do our best, but Sam sometimes makes us wonder if there is any hope at all!

James has been busy copying CDs of our Regional Convention. He created one that's full of nothing but all of the special singing and some congregational stuff. It's about an hour long, I think. It's got Mama singing "Going Back" and Janet Talley singing "Holy Spirit, Move Among Us" and her leading some singing, as well -- "The Old Ship of Zion" and such. It even features the Shuler kids singing "So Much to Thank Him For" and the family singing "Happy Tracks" with beautiful harmony on both. How much do you think you'd pay for an eclectic compilation of anointed and inspirational music such as this??? $49.95? Nooooo! $39.95??? Nooooo! $29.95????? Noooooo! This one time offer comes to you at the amazingly low price of just $14.99 (plus $49.95 shipping and handling). And remember, this is not available in stores. And if you order in the next 30 minutes, he'll throw in a complete set of Ginsu 2000 steak knives at no additional charge! But wait -- that's not all, folks...!!! Okay, so that is all. Actually, I think it was way too much. But it'll make James proud. Right, dear? :-)

As for me, my day consisted of all the nasty jobs I've been putting off ever since we got home from Camp. I moved all the stuff (table, chairs, etc.) out of the kitchen this morning, build a tent in the living room for the kids to play in, then spent the next couple of hours on my hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen floor. I hate that job, but once it's done I always feel sooooo good. It's needed that for a long time! Then I moved on to the bathroom. There is no room in the house that makes me happier than that bright and cheery blue and yellow bathroom of mine once it's been cleaned top to bottom and is all fresh and sparkly -- especially when I'm burning that yummy Sunbathed Lemon candle in there. Wait a sec,... uh-oh. Be right back................. Okay. Had to go blow out the above mentioned candle! It's been burning for, um... 5 or 6 hours now. Oops. The bathroom smells REALLY great now, though! :-)

I know, I know. It was time to stop a long time ago. I warned you that I had nothing to blog about today. If you're still here reading it's your own fault, not mine. I just wasn't tired enough to go to sleep and didn't have the motivation to do anything productive. So it was time to BLOG, BLOG, BLOG, Ray. Ah yes. We're missing the travelling Adams family, aren't we? ~sigh~ It's just not the same without you guys -- please come back -- we're dying out here -- DYING!!! Help! He-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-elp us!!!

Enough is enough.

G'night All!
~ Becki ~

This entry was posted on 10:43 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

9 comments

Well...if they will pay that much for my eclectic compilation of anointed and inspirational music, I'll even throw in a spatula from Spatula City. Where can you get a name brand spatula at a fraction of retail price...SPATULA CITY! And what better way to say, "I Love You" than with a gift of a spatula...AND my CD of course! So come one and come all...You get all of this *Church CD, Spatula from Spatula City, and an 8 pc set of Ginsu 2000 steak knives! What a deal folks and they're selling like hot cakes! Get your special, one time - promotional offer today...but wait...we will even slash the price by one monthly payment! OOH! AHH! That is if you call in the next 30 seconds...Promotional offer available to the first two callers...void where prohibited...not actually an advertisement...use of the spatula may result in brain damage and dizziness. Please consult your physician if you develop warts on your big toe...

oh yuck...PLEASE don't blog about it if you get warts on your toes. *shivers*

When do I get a comment from the acclaimed Horne bloggers! No comments. I am BEGINNING TO FEEL UNLOVED. And, to think I was about to buy the CD, knives, and spatula set. I had my credit card all ready to go too! *hmmph*

WOW. I've been outdone! Way to go, James!!!

We've actually lured him out of lurking mode into posting mode! WA HOOOOOO!!!! And, of COURSE, we aren't surprised to see a Church flag for his photo ID. HA! Welcome, Brother Horne!

Great post, Bec. I read it to the very last word. I'm so glad you're back in Blogland full time. It's so fun to read your blogs. Thank God your spirits have been lifted enough to be silly and sarcastic again. :-) And I'm glad you learned how to spell sandwich. ;-)

Thank you both for such a crazy blog and comment! I woke up, praying in my sleep and once I actually got up for good, I could feel the edginess starting to try to creep out. I didn't want that and I prayed and started feeling better, but reading your post and Bro. James comment was just what I needed to finish the job.

My heart is really heavy today, so please pray for us. We love you and miss you and wish we had Katie, Joe and Sam here to keep us laughing.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Anonymous  

I am amazed that a person who is not in a blogging mood and can't think of anything to say can sit down and write several L-O-N-G paragraphs. Took me ten minutes to read the posting. However, I read very, very, very slowly, so that could account for some of it.

I was wondering, does the spatula deal replace the Glow-In-The-Dark, Last Supper Tablecloth, from last month?? I still want THE TURKEY BUZZARD collection, so don't forget it. Love you guys! Brother Clarkson

P.S. Did momma tammi have to get special permission to "double post" or just have jumpy fingers??

Sorry about the double post...the computer didn't respond as quickly as I expected it to, just delete one of them.

Bec...if you are feeling really good, would you e-mail me because my heart is breaking right now and I seriously need some encouragement. Love you...MT

Anonymous  

Best regards from NY! »