Home at Last!  

Posted by cokelady

I was going to post some pictures along with a report of our Family Camp (we just got home yesterday), but my camera batteries are DEAD and I can't get those pictures onto the computer right now. So I figured I'd try once again to post these ones that Blogger wiped out last time I tried to post them. Ggrrrr.

These were taken at the new addition to the Tennessee Aquarium on our way home from the last trip -- the last one before Camp, that is. Interestinlgly, there are no pictures of fish, or even water. Our family seemed to enjoy the butterfly garden more than all the rest. I've always thought butterflies were pretty, but rather boring. But this was soooooooo neat. So many different varieties and they were so people-friendly!


James was our "catcher" because the butterflies weren't the least bit nervous around him. (Probably because he moves soooooooooo slo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ow! Ha!) He could just walk over and pick up whichever one he wanted.



Nobody can strike a pose like Katie! She LOVED the butterflies.



Joe FINALLY found a butterfly that would let him hold it. Nevermind that the poor creature had been sorely abused by lots of careless little ones before us and was in no condition to fly away. Oh well. Joe never knew.



And here's Sambo. He is precisely the type of kid that is the cause of the previous butterfly's injuries! So we didn't entrust him with one of the fragile little things. But this one found a nice perch atop his hat, so we took a picture quick, before Sam discovered it. You'd never know to look at the brown and black markings on this side of it's wings, but when it spread them to fly, the top side of it's wings was a gorgeous, brilliant blue color.

Okay, that's it for now. My house is trashed and there's soooooooo much to catch up on. But I'm sooooooooo happy to be home!!! We had a FANTASTIC Family Camp and I'll be sure to post about it when I get the time -- and when my batteries are charged so I can add pictures! Until then, please keep praying for our family and especially for The Church of God. I know God is hearing all of the cries of His people and is already answering them. He loves us sooooooo much. I lean heavily upon that at this point!

Love you All!
~ Becki ~ Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on 8:40 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

5 comments

Enjoyed your pictures!

Glad that you are home. Missed you while you were gone. You were on my mind alot. Guess what!? Jacob is getting to go to the Assembly!!! Unfortunitly, the rest of us are staying home. :(

Glad to hear you guys had a great camp. :)

That picture of Katie and the butterfly is an award winner! You should blow that one up and frame it for your dad. I mean that could be in a magazine easily.

I liked the old addition better than the new one of the aquarium. I really liked the butterfly exhibit, but when I saw one dead on the ground because it had been stepped on, it pretty much ruined the whole thing. Poor wittle wuttafly. :-D