Nothing Much  

Posted by cokelady

...to say, that is. I'm drawing a complete blank, to tell you the truth. But I've got a new song!!! Isn't that worth anything?!

Things have been good around here lately and the kids have been up to the usual craziness. Unfortunately I can't recall anything specific at the moment. I'm going to have to start taking notes, I guess, so I'll have something to blog about later.

There have been a lot of things going on lately, it seems. Lots of needs and problems and sicknesses and burdens. Not in my immediate family, but the burden is still heavy at times. That's how it works in the Church, right? When one hurts, we all hurt. It's a blessing. There's been an awful lot of bad news this past week. But there are so many good things about that! For starters, it pulls you to your knees and adds fervency to your prayers. It humbles you and lets you see and feel all over again how much we need God. And it makes you sooooooo thankful just to be serving God; so thankful that God is not bound by seemingly hopeless situations or by the laws of nature or by what the doctors say... It is just so wonderful to serve the God who holds it all in His hands. What peace that affords us, even in the darkest trials! I pray for that peace to be present in the lives of those who are in the middle of those trials.

On a brighter note, James got home a little bit earlier last night and tonight. He started working at Mardel this past Monday and since they're trying to get the store ready to open by December 18th they're doing lots of physical labor and long hours! He usually leaves just after 7:00 in the morning and gets home between 6 and 7:00 at night. He'll be working Monday-Saturday until they open up and things get "normal," whatever that means. He's worn out already! But he made it home earlier tonight, so I fixed a filling meal of fish sticks and macaroni and cheese (I didn't know he'd be home for dinner!) and then we got the kids in their pj's and loaded up in the van to go look at Christmas lights. That's always fun. We even took the dog with us this time. Ah yes... I took some pictures of the dog today. He seems to be enjoying the holidays, too. I'll try to post one a little later on. Anyway, we listened to Christmas music and drove around and ooh-ed and aah-ed and had a great time.

We're home now, the kids are cleaning up the house before bedtime, and I'm blogging before going back to work. I've got some things I need to take care of before I can get into the FUN things such as Christmas cards and puzzles. Oh! Great news! Mom and Dad are definitely coming for Christmas! Wa-Hooo!!! Since Ike passed away a few days ago Mom is planning to go to Arizona to stay with Grandma Bunny for about a week and a half. Then she'll be flying here on the 18th. Dad will be driving in a few days later and we'll all be here for Christmas! I am sooooooo excited!!! Everything is so much more fun just thinking about having them here to share in it all!

Ah yes, James has sold several things out of his little booth already. I know it's way too soon to get our hopes up, but if it's any indication of how business is going to be then this will have been a great investment! It would be fantastic if he could just have two or three booths set up in the area and do well enough that he wouldn't have to work a "real job," too. It would be the perfect thing to enable him to do the Overseer stuff full-time.

I made a commitment a long time ago that I wasn't going to write long blogs unless there was something at least mildly entertaining therein. Who wants to read about you going to the bank and Post Office?! They're really only interested in hearing that you tripped on your way in and did a bug-on-the-windshield impression on the glass doors. If nothing like that has happened, just skip it, you know?! Having kids around provides lots of entertaining blog material, but only if you can remember what they've been up to. My point is this: I think I've broken my own rule. Way too long of a post with way too few things to laugh about. My apologies. I'll go find a picture or two of the dog. That shoud fix it all. Right???

Guess what?!?!? The crummy computer creep is back!!! That's right--no pictures tonight, folks! Whoever has the official Blog bat, please return it to me so I can take care of him. I hope to have him beaten again by tomorrow. Until then, my apologies for a long, boring AND pictureless post.

G'night!
~Becki~

This entry was posted on 7:12 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

I, for one, am glad that you broke your own rule and let us know that you occasionally don't have anything earth-shatteringly hilarious to talk about. That means that you are just as human as the rest of us. *WHEW* That is just such a relief!

You can return to being hee-haw funny tomorrow. ~grin~