"Nothing is in the box..."  

Posted by cokelady

I'm really struggling, here. I've been wanting to blog for a few days now, but I guess I'm in a slump. Just can't think of anything to say, you know? And most of you out there are no help at all. You haven't been blogging much either. What's the bean, anyway?! I guess I could do like Lyndi and just forsake the mission entirely, only to make surpise appearances on random months throughout the year. Nah. I choose, rather, to blog even when I have nothing at all to say. At least, that's my story tonight. Besides, I have another new song!!! *big, toothy smile*

I finished up on my "job" that I was working on--some more typing for the Church--on Sunday night, so that put me in the clear to start doing the FUN December things. Namely, making Christmas cards!!! It's been sooooooo great. I made a total of 12 homemade cards this year! That may not seem very impressive to some of you hardcore card makers, but for me it beats last year's total by, well, 12. ;-) They're all different designs (except two) and I just had so much fun working on them! I wish I could find/make the time to do that more often. I even made 2 thank you cards today! That puts the total up to 14 which, I'm sure, is a new record. I'll post pictures of them, but not for another few weeks. (Until they've been received in the mail, of course.) That's right, 12 lucky people will receive handmade cards. Too bad there are 80+ people on our list! But really, who has time to make 80 cards?! Anybody who does that is just NUTS. (That is, indeed, a direct reference to you, Sister Clarkson!)

We went to sing at the nursing home again tonight. We do that every other Wednesday, but we missed our last service there because it was the day before Thanksgiving and most of us were gone. The folks were sooooo happy to see us back tonight and we thoroughly enjoyed being there. Although I'm not sure how much of a blessing we were. We went and just sang our hearts out, but when we looked out at the crowd, they were all just watching Sam and grinning ear to ear. Sam (my Sam, that is--not our pastor!) is usually rather shy with strangers (downright rude would be more accurate), but he was remarkably outgoing tonight and he put on quite a show. He played his guitar and made faces at people and stole candy canes off the Christmas tree... Made his mother rather tense, but the old people sure did seem to enjoy it.

Just 12 days until Mom gets here! Wa-Hoo!!! WOW. I just looked at the calendar to figure that out and now I'm rather nervous. There's so much to be done before then!!! Now that I've piddled around and made 12 whole cards (which is seeming less impressive at this moment than it did a little while ago), I've got to prepare and mail to however many make the list this year (ha! That sounds so stuck-up!!! Like everybody is just dying to "make the list" and receive a card from the Hornes!), I've got TWO calendars to make (scrapbook style) which is a HUGE project (much more in depth than 12 measly cards, I assure you!), I've got to take Katie to the pajama party at Aunt Sue's store tomorrow night, I've got a WMB service to put together for next week, then a Church bake sale that Friday... What on earth am I doing blogging?! Who has time for this??? I'd better go do...something!!! There's no way I'll get everything done... *sigh* Guess I'll just go to bed. That sounds a lot better. "I'll get a fresh start in the morning and..." Most of my days end with that thought. :-)

Until next time...
~ Rebekah ~

This entry was posted on 9:28 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

Wow! I am so impressed. My Christmas card list has grown to 140 and there is absolutely NO WAY that everyone is going to get a card...handmade or store bought. I am looking forward to seeing your creations though. Too bad you won't share in enough time to inspire me. ~giggle~

Sam's antics sound so adorable. You are going to be so busy. You wore me out just reading about it...I think that I'll go to bed too. Goodnight!

How funny. I just posted about how Jackson keeps his "audiences" entertained and then come read on your blog about Sam doing that very thing. Oh, life's so much fun for mommies with *ahem* "lively" children.

Um, come to think of it, I also posted about how busy I'm going to be the next few days. Weird. Or maybe it's just that those are regular blogging topics, I guess.

Oh, well, I'm going to bed too.

:-)

Hey! I blogged last night. It must of been the night for blogging mother's of little kids. *smile*

Hey, Bec! I'm sitting in the Nashville airport, cheerily blogging away. This is just the first leg of my trip to YOUR house! YIPPEE!!! See you in 9 or 10 days!