Miss Me?!  

Posted by cokelady

Sorry I've been such a poor blogger lately. You must've thought that I've gone the way of Lyndi. Never! I've just been a little distracted.

Last week was a crazy one. Tammy and I started baking on Wednesday, then hit it hard on Thursday to be ready for our Bake Sale. I had my WMB service Thursday night (went really well, I thought, for falling in the middle of all the chaos--God really helped me!), then the hugely successful Bake Sale (see the next post for pictures!) was on Friday. I'm always amazed at how much work that is, but then I'm always amazed at how rewarding it is.

After the Bake Sale I dove straight into the calendars for James' and my mother. I make one for them each year--scrapbook style, with pictures of the kids. It's soooooo much work and I just didn't have any time at all this year! In fact, I think I only stamped one thing in the whole calendar! (Isn't that pitiful, Emilee?!) I depended heavily on the papers and embellishments this time. I'll post pictures after Christmas.

Saturday was spent absorbed in the calendars, then we got up early on Sunday to drive over to Merkel to be with them in service. (It's about 2 and a half hours from here.) That was nice. We made it home at about 4:00, I think, at which time I buried myself in the calendars again! I think I finished at about 2:00am.

We got up Monday morning and loaded up to head to Odessa. First stop was Aunt Stacey's shop for haircuts! The boys were looking sooooooo shaggy and just had to be taken care of before the Grandparents came! Then Stacey went to McAllister's with us for lunch. Yum! After that, we all drove over to Midland to see Mardel (where James works) for the first time. It is FABULOUS!!! I think it's safe to say that Family Christian Stores isn't going to last long in the area! Mardel is amazing. They've got sooooo much great stuff! The kid section is the best I've ever seen and the education section is just unbelievable. Anything and everything you'd ever need to homeschool, plus some. They've got TONS of fun stuff there! I could spend hours just looking around. But not with the kids! We were probably there for an hour or more, then we said goodbye to Stacey and ran some errands. We made our last stop at Wal-Mart to do some grocery shopping, then off to the airport to pick up Grandma Vicki!!! Yea!!!

We picked Mom up from the airport, met James at Fazoli's for dinner, then went to Holiday Park to look at the lights. It was sooooo cold that night!!! Brrrrr!!! As we neared the park Mom asks, "This is a drive through park, right?" Ha! Not hardly. You follow a lighted pathway that takes you past several huge displays made entirely out of wire frames covered (and I do mean covered!) in Christmas lights. I still prefer Christmas Mountain in Salida, but this is the best we've got around here so we've got to do it every year! Joe was NOT happy about the cold and wasn't about to enjoy himself. "Joe, what's your favorite display?" Mom asks. "I don't like any of 'em." "Would you like them if it was warmer?" "Yeah." "Okay, well, if it was warmer, which one would you like the best?" His reply? "I'm not going to tell you until it's warm!" Ha! He's such a bum. Although he did race Grandma Vicki back to the van. Had me a little nervous, to tell you the truth. Have you ever watched a 50 year old woman in a race? I just kept yelling, "Don't fall, Mom!!! You'll break a hip!"

Tammy came and spent the day with us on Tuesday and we just hung out and relaxed--even watched a girl movie while the kids were down for a nap. It was great! In the middle of it all, Mom made a skirt and a jumper with a matching scrunchy for Katie. Blows me away. In the same way that I might go to the kitchen and bake a cake, Mom goes to the office and whips out a dress. Like it's nuthin'! Would've taken me at least a week.

That night Sam and Tammy and Mom and I played games for a while. That was great, although Sam's syrupy behavior toward Mom inspired lots of gagging by me. It was ridiculous. I'm glad it's over, really, and they're gone to Kentucky now. *wink*

Wednesday Mom and I did some cooking and baking, then we had our Nursing Home service that night. Afterwards, we had an impromptu Christmas caroling expedition--it was so much fun!!! We went to five or six houses and it was amazing how excited people were to have carolers! What fun. I think it's a lost art nowadays.

That brings us up to yesterday, right? Another full day! We picked Tammy up and went to Mardel so she and Mom could have a look around, then had lunch at a nice little restaurant called the Cotton Patch. We had a few errands to run, including getting a rental car for Tammy for their trip. Then we went to see James' booth (it's doing great!), then to Wal-Mart for yet more grocery shopping.
Last night we had our ABM service here at the house, then everybody stayed and we had punch and lots of Christmas goodies. After all of that, we are worn out!!!

Right now Mom is working at Sue's store with her -- it' s a crazy busy week there. That's why I'm blogging, I'm sure! I just can't make myself sit down to blog when there are PEOPLE (or even just a PERSON) at my house! Dad will be coming in this afternoon and the kids are sooooo excited! (Me, too!) We've got so very much to be thankful for and the best thing in the world for me is just being with my Mom and Dad this Christmas. God's been so good to us and I love Him so very, very much.

Gotta run. There are some things I'd like to get done before Dad gets here and before Mom gets back from "work." If you don't hear from
me before, I hope you all have a very, very Merry Christmas!!!


~Rebekah~

Scroll down--there's more!

This entry was posted on 11:23 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

I'm BAAAAACK! The store was not busy at all today. When it had been 10 or 15 minutes with not a human being in the store outside of Sue and I, I figured Sue could handle it by herself. (That's for everyone else's benefit; not Becki's, since she's already heard the scoop.)

Anonymous  

Bec, I love the cards. You did a wonderful job. Gave me some new ideas for some. Thanks! You are such an awesome person. As busy as you are you still have time to blog and make me laugh. You are a special gift from God. I feel very blessed of God to have you as my Regional Overseer's wife. God bless you and keep up the good work.
Love you, ~~Sis. Gaylene~~