Pictures!!!  

Posted by cokelady

Are coming soon, that is. ;-) Honestly, I can't possibly post any pictures of the house yet. IT'S A WRECK. I don't get this at all--it definitely wasn't the plan. Mom's been here for a whole week, we've been working like Trojans, she leaves tomorrow... and my house is totally trashed!!! It was supposed to be all finished up and beautified by now. ~sigh~ She must've been slacking and taking breaks while I wasn't looking. Ha! (She's sitting next to me right now and if she sees that statement this post will come to a quick and painful end.)

Right now the doors to all of the kitchen cabinets are scattered about in various places throughout the great room, each laying separately, face up, as if they're still drying from the last coat of polyurethane they received over 24 hours ago. They're still like that because we were gone for nearly 12 hours today and didn't have the time to do anything with them. After Mom leaves tomorrow I'll come home and put the last coat on them, finish up the cabinets themselves, let 'em all dry, have James slap 'em back together and ~voila~ I'll have new kitchen cabinets!!! Sometimes I get real excited looking at them and feel as if I already have new kitchen cabinets, but I know it will be all the more exciting when they're really in the kitchen where they belong instead of sprawled all over the rest of the house. Still, even sitting on chairs and footstools and canisters and barrels... the cabinet doors are soooooo great!!! I LOVE 'EM! You will too when you see 'em. Real soon!!!

I'm in a blogging mood, but it's hard to blog when I can't share pictures yet. It's been a wild and crazy couple of weeks! Where did I leave off, anyway??? Wow. I just looked and it really has been a couple of weeks--to the day, actually! Hhmmm...

Thursday, March 27th... it's lost forever.

Friday, March 28th, James got up and bought a 2000 GMC Envoy, brought it home, and we loaded up the family and took it to District Convention in Alamogordo! (It wasn't really that fast--he'd been looking at this vehicle and talking with the owner for a few weeks.) It's GREAT! The guy was sooooo meticulous and most things are like brand new, including all of the carpet and the Bose sound system with 6 CD changer (!) and all sorts of bells and whistles we've never had before. The kids were pretty excited and we had a good time singing the appropriate song on our first trip: "O-oh! You and me, in our sport utility vehicle! Cruisin' to 7-11 for a bag of Frito Lays!" :-)

The Convention was WONDERFUL. The sermons I remember the most were Brother Banuelos' (he preached about the difference between Saul and David--a man of fear and a man of faith), Sam Kaufman's (he preached about being a peculiar people and not worrying what the world thinks of us and trying to fit in. He said that we see enough of the world "out there" and we don't want to see it in here (the Church), too), and Chris Clarkson's (he preached about the history of Cesarea Philippi and the special meaning it carries in light of Jesus' conversation with Peter, "Upon this rock..." --It was soooooo enlightening. I'm still wowed every time I think of it). The worship and fellowship was wonderful, as always (not to mention the food!), and I came away so very, very blessed.

We drove the 3 and a half hours after Convention with Sean's assistance (I love him!) and got home just after 11:00, I think. I stayed up and finished up on Sunday School prep, but to no avail. It was a total, complete flop and failure in every possible way. I felt good about it ahead of time, but it was terrible when the time actually came! My class ranges from age 4 to age 17 and I just can't figure out how to make it work! (But we don't have enough teachers to split things up the way they should be.) The only ones I KNOW are going to be there are my three kids and usually the 17 year old. Lots of times there will also be an 8 year old, a 10 year old, an 11 year old and a 12 year old--an on occasion others. So how do you plan for a class like that?! Where do you aim the lesson and how do you figure out what kind of crafts to do and how much to prepare?! It's so hard. And that week's class proved it. Everyone acted completely bored out of their minds and I was just sure that they'd never want to come to church again. But they were all back this week and things went much, much better and every age actually seemed to enjoy themselves. After The Big Flop, as I affectionately refer to the week before, I did LOTS of praying about it throughout the week and I have no doubt that's what made the difference. There's just no way to make a Sunday School situation like this work, but GOD can do it. And that's a good thing. It was a good reminder for me to rely on Him and not think I can just throw something together, you know?! Anyway...

~sigh~ This has got to be so boring for all of you. You've been waiting around for pictures of the house and I give you none, all I do is back up to two weeks and give you a bunch of old news! That's not very nice. Well, to tide you over, I'll go ahead and post a few pictures that you're sure to enjoy. We'll call this collection: Grandma Vicki and the Trampoline.

After finally getting on the trampoline, the next step is getting the guts to
stand up...


Finally up!



And back down, again...



Sammy trying to "bounce" Grandma



Grandma pulling out a trick maneuver...



The whole gang bouncing Grandma



Katie working hard! (Grandma's looking a little nervous! Ha! --Never fear. No old ladies were injured in the posting of this blog.)



And here's the happy crowd once they all got worn out.


That's it for now. Hope it's enough to tide you over for a little while. I really will try to get things whipped into shape in the next day or two so I can post pictures. I'm sooooo excited!!! So, more to come soon. I hope. ;-) I'm fairly certain I'll be posting again in less than two weeks, anyway. :-)

~Becki~

This entry was posted on 10:53 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

8 comments

Yeah! You did it!
The pictures are great, even if they aren't of the house. Looks like Mom and the kids had fun on the trampoline...crazy woman! My kids are looking forward to giving the trampoline a try.

Still looking forward to house pictures! :-)

Great pictures of Sis. Smith!

Have you considered allowing the 17year old assist in preparing and helping with crafts, color pages, puzzles and snacks pertaining to lesson? (can get a lot off internet). Kid's that age learn more through participation.

If possible (don't know if they are a member or not) they might could teach in the future with training. I started teaching at 14.

I really like your new background. That last picture has got to be one of the cutest pictures I have ever seen. I love Joe in that picture. Very cute.

Wow!! Sis. Smith was a brave woman, I would of loved to have been there.. It is about time that you blog cuz i visit you alot I am excited to see pictures of your house.

And I like your back ground to.

Really cute pictures and can't wait to see the before and after pictures of the house.

Wow--five comments in one day! (That's what happens when you finally blog after two weeks. Let this be a lesson to you. Ha!)

Emilee!!! My 20th commenter! You're the reason I'm here. ;-) My kids are soooooo anxious for you guys to get here. Your boys are going to LOVE the trampoline!

Sister Tammy, I would LOVE to be able to use Idaly (the 17 year old) and I do have her help out with the crafts and such, but she's not a church girl and although she is super, super sweet, there are several things that would disqualify her from church membership and therefore from really being "used" in Church. I have hope that she will "come along" and in time I know she would be an excellent teacher. But for now I'm afraid I'll have to keep using her to help out with the glue and paint!

Tammy--I agree! I love that last picture. Fun!

Janis! I had no idea you were lurking around my blog! You must be really bad about commenting... just like me! Good to hear from you though. Pictures are coming real soon. :-)

Sister Marcia--thanks! I knew the pictures would be a hit. I had to be real choosy with them though. Mom didn't think it would be appropriate for me to post pictures of her flashing her bloomers. ;-)

Okay, um... Mom just read my comment and was a little concerned at how some people might interpret that last statement I made. Clarification: LITERAL bloomers. Like the old-fashioned kind that come down below her knees. In case anyone was confused and unduly alarmed. ;-)

Great pictures. Your mom looks like she was having a really great time.