My Mom is GROUNDED!  

Posted by cokelady

~sigh~ That sounds so cool. Ha!

Okay, so there has been a change of plans. Last night Mom and I stayed up until 2:00 doing incredibly important things. Like getting some new ringtones programmed into her cell phone. When I call her it's "Pistol Packin' Mama." Gotta love it!

Anyway, we got up early this morning, loaded up the family and headed to town so we could get Mom to the airport by 9:30. Due to an accident on the Interstate we were delayed enough that we couldn't stop to get a doughnut like we had originally planned. We got to the airport, unloaded Mom and all of her stuff, said our goodbyes, and headed to the doughnut shop. We had barely gone a mile or two before Mom called...

SHE'S GROUNDED!!! Yeppers, she's one of the lucky passengers traveling on American Airlines who just cancelled 800-1,000 flights. All because of some wires in the wheelwells being tied down anything other than exactly 1 inch apart. Weird. Oh well. It works for me!

We spun around and picked Mom up, then went out for doughnuts. :-) We ran to Hobby Lobby, grabbed a few things for the house, came home and commenced work on the kitchen cabinets. That's right--Mom's going to be able to see it through to the very end! (I really think this whole American Airlines thing was an act of God to give my little old mother one more day here to enjoy her family... and help finish up the kitchen. Ha!) So she poly-ed, I sanded and cleaned, now everything is drying so she's napping (a luxury we've only longed for before today!) and I'm blogging. But I really think napping is the better idea after our late nighter last night, so I'm off! But I thought I'd give the exciting update. Looks like we get to keep Mom a little longer! We have no idea when she'll be able to reschedule a flight home. She figured she'd let all of the irate passengers fight it out for a while, then call tonight once things have calmed down a little bit.

Have a great afternoon! PICTURES COMING SOON!!! (If all goes well, of course!)

~Bec~

This entry was posted on 3:32 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

She may not get to go home till Saturday, SO THAT'S GOOD FOR YOU!

My husband (in Dallas) may not get out until then either. (HE'S SUPPOSED TO HELP ME WITH LADIES DAY!!!!)

Yipes! You're in worse shape than I am, then! My help is trapped WITH me, not AWAY from me! I'll say an extra prayer for your Ladies' Day, that God will fill in in your help's absence!

Hey Becki

That is great that your mom is getting to spend more time with you all. I love your new template.