House Pictures!!!  

Posted by cokelady

Okay!!! Here are some "BEFORE" pictures -- these were taken before I painted the ceiling and before we installed the new light fixtures...



And here are some "DURING" pictures...


And FINALLY...

The "AFTER" pictures!!!:




Note: The cabinets are not really RED as they appear here... the colors are actually very deep, dark, country ones--and the burgundy is very, very dark. And--as you can see--we're not finished yet! James ripped the tile out in the kitchen (and the sheetrock it was unwilling to part with!) and he's got quite a mess to fix before I can purtify the rest of it. All in due time!

(This is actually our table in front of the hutch--it's not really one piece as the picture might lead you to believe! Ha!)


Finally dug some of my things out of the boxes. It feels sooooo much more like home now. :-)
I LOVE the picture above the piano. James got that for me for our anniversary a few years ago. :-)


This is the chuckwagon table we bought just before we moved in. It has three stools that hang underneath and the whole front of it folds down into a table large enough for all three kids to sit around to do school. It's sooooo great!!!

After all of our hard work Mom and I decided it was time to RELAX. So we pulled out the projector and hung a sheet over the front window and watched Pride and Prejudice tonight. What could be better?! Mom had never seen it before, so that made it extra fun. The greatest part is that all of our neighbors down the hill could have been watching it with us--


I went outside and took this picture of our front window. You could see a perfectly clear reverse image out there! Ha! How fun is that?! In the summertime we could set up chairs out there and watch movies from the deck, if only it wasn't for the bar going down the center of the windows. Ha!

It has been soooooooo great having Mom here, especially these "extra" days. I told her that hundreds of thousands of people have been inconvenienced by this American Airlines thing... all so God could give her a few more days with us--she must be one of His favorite people. Ha! It really has been nice.

James left today to go to Hatch for their Youth Emphasis Week. He's preaching tonight and tomorrow night, then they'll have a bon fire and Bible study or something on Saturday. He'll visit the church in Alamogordo on Sunday and then it's off to Arizona to help out in the Spanish BTI there. He'll be gone for quite a while, so it's great that Mom's here for at least the first couple of days and we can Girl Party it a little bit. :-) She's set to fly out very, very early on Saturday morning. We'll see!

Well, I should go. No need jabbering a whole lot--I already posted a plethora of pictures. :-) I'll fill you in on some of the details later on. (If I can remember them!) Bye!!!

~Rebekah~

This entry was posted on 11:30 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

8 comments

Wow! That is some really NEAT wallpaper!!! It is amazing what a little wallpaper will do the a place. I really like your light fixtures too. Great job! Around here, it seems everyone is getting into fixing up their homes. Debbie redid her kitchen and now she painted her kids rooms, Melissa is starting to paint the kids room and later this summer paint the outside of her house. Lots of fun. :)

Very nice. You guys did a great job. Thanks for posting pictures.
I am so glad your having such a good time, I wish I cold join in on all the fun.

Wow I love it. That wallpaper looks like it is a log cabin. I've never seen anything like it. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.

You two did a great job. It is amazing how different the tone of the rooms are before and after. I really do like your cabinets and the chuckwagon table is to die for...totally cool.

Thanks for the pictures. I love the log wallpaper! It makes the house look so cozy. Can't wait to see it in person! :-)

Oh and the kitchen cabinets are really pretty! Such attention to detail...I'm not sure I have the patience. That must be why most of my house is undecorated! :-)

Your new background is great too! Zeke was sitting with me sometime recently and kept pointing at the bears and growling. He must like them too!

Yeah, I love the bears. They even look like us. The tall, thin cub on the right is Katie, the medium one on the left is Joe, the little mischeivious looking one peeking around Katie is Sam... and the large mother foaming at the mouth is ME! Ha! How fitting!!! ;-)

I can't wait for you to see everything in person either! Mostly because I want to see you guys in person! You're right about the logs. They are cozy. You're wrong about the cabinets and the "attention to detail." I can't tell you the times we've said "FROM A GALLOPING HORSE..." this week! Ha!

looks amazing...that wallpaper is cool

Mom says you have your own "Little House" in the mountains. The wallpaper is really neat. It looks like real logs.