Ta-Da!!!  

Posted by cokelady

Yesterday was a long a tiring day (my whole body aches today--I think I must be a lot older than I think I am!), but we accomplished our goal! Well... almost! Here are some before and after pictures...

Before...

After!


Before...


After!!


Before...


After!!!


It's always amazing to me the difference a little paint and wallpaper can make, and for very minimal expense. Actually, there was practically no expense in this project since all of the paint and wallpaper we used were left over from my kitchen! James bought to bookshelves at Target for $29.00 and he spent about $10 for the metal stripping and screws we used as a border. Not bad! As I'm sure you've guessed by now, this new booth will contain lots of Coca-Cola products and some other "diner" type things. I told him he needs a juke box to put right in the center! ;-) Wouldn't that be fun?!

When we got home last night we priced a whole bunch of his merchandise that he'll be putting in this booth. It's going to look so great! Oh yeah, the booth isn't done yet. He needs to get a panel of some sort to put between the two bookshelves to finish out the "wall" on that side. (Most of the booths in this joint contain primarily junk, scattered all over the place. We don't want you to be able to see any of it from our booth!) He'll probably get it all finished up today and "move in" tomorrow. Pretty exciting! I'll try to make him take the camera with him to take pictures of the finished product. Still, for one day, I think we got a lot accomplished and it's looking great!

James loves his booths and the whole buying-and-selling thing. To find a great deal on something, then sell it for a profit gives him some kind of strange rush. Well, I think Katie has some of his blood! James walked past her room one night after we'd put everybody to bed. Katie was wide awake just staring out into space. James asked what she was thinking about and she replied, "Well, Dad, I was just thinking... If I had $100 I could buy a whole bunch of Girl Scout cookies. Then I could set up a table and sell them and make a whole bunch of money!!!" James told her that she'd probably have to do something other than Girl Scout cookies and that a lot of kids start out with a lemonade stand. A few days later she saw an illustration of kids with a lemonade stand and just went nuts. "Mom!!!! This is what I want to do!!!!!" So yesterday I went down to the store and bought her a can of frozen lemonade and one of pink lemonade. We took some pitchers and cups and her table and chairs over to Sister Tammy's house. (Tammy kept the kids for us while we were working on the booth yesterday). I had drawn the letters on the sign with a pencil, then Katie traced them with a marker and decorated it. Tammy said she sat out with her stand for two and a half hours!!! The grand total was $11.25. Can you believe that?! What a racket! When we got back to Andrews and went to pick the kids up I could see that same light in Katie's eyes that James gets when his ventures are successful. She'll probably have a booth of her own right next to her Dad's by the time she's 12! Ha! Here's a picture of the little entrepreneur.

That's about all the news from here. Today it's back to normal house stuff. Laundry, irnong, maybe even a little school for the kids. ;-) Have a great one!

~Becki~

This entry was posted on 7:26 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

8 comments

Wow, that looks like a lot bigger space than the other booth. Does James have a BUNCH of stuff to put in it, or is he going to start raiding your kitchen walls and shelves for more items to fill it up? It's looking really good, though! I'm anxious to see the finished product. And Katie . . . TOO CUTE! Who could resist such an adorable sales lady?

I wish them both great success! However, I think that Miss Kate has an edge over her father...she is just way too adorable to say NO to. ~grin~

The booth does look good! Can't wait to see it all loaded up.

Way to go Katie!!! She's pretty persistent to sit out there for two and a half hours, but obviously her persistence paid off.

Brother James should take her with him to his booth someday.... she'd probably triple his profits. Cute kids can sell just about anything.... if they can't sell it the people feel so bad they give them a donation anyway. "Fundraising Rule #1." ;-)

Wow! That's a fortune for a little girl with a 25 cent lemonade stand!

Wow! Way to go Katie.

Mom and Dad, you did a good job too. *wink*

The booth does look great! And Katie is so cute. I wish my kids would do that instead of begging me for money all the time.

Anonymous  

The booth looks great. But Katie Rue is adorable with her beautiful face and her dad's knack for making a profit. I would love to come buy a glass of lemonade from her. ~~Sis. Gaylene~~