Guess What!!!  

Posted by cokelady

My Mom is on an airplane right now with Scott Lee!!! Now that I think about it, that probably means absolutely nothing to anybody who's reading this... Hhmmm. Well, I was really excited about it! Scott Lee is a kid (ha--he's got to be in his mid-30's by now) who was our Camp evangelist in Colorado when he was about 19 years old--he held a revival for us in Colorado Springs about that time, too. Such a nice guy and he had such a wonderful, sweet spirit. He's still in the Church of God of Prophecy, pastoring in Sheridan, Wyoming. Mom and Sister Bishop are on a plane from Minneapolis (I think) to Nashville right now and Scott just happens to be on the same flight! WHOA! We haven't seen him in at least 15 years. I only wish I were on the plane, too! :-)

Uummm... I can't think of anything else so say, so here's a picture!


Cute, hu? It was time for a new picture. Mom was about 50 lbs. heavier in the last one they had taken a few years back--and she had bangs. This is a better picture anyway. All except that crazy crooked smile. ;-)

Sorry I've not been keeping up with this blog thing. I don't know what happened to me. Things have been pretty active around here, but they always are so it shouldn't really make much difference.

The birthday party for Brother Ellis last Monday was great. He seemed to really enjoy himself and was just so appreciative of the gifts he received. We all had a really hard time figuring out what to buy. I mean, what are you supposed to get for a 95 year old man?! He's surely acquired everything that he really wants or needs by now, right?! So...


Insoles for his shoes! Ha! Cool, hu? And get this...


A boom box!!! Is that great, or what?! Can't you just see him marching around the park with it propped up on his shoulder, blasting out rap or raggae or something?! Ha! Ha! Ha! The very thought! They actually got a Gaither CD to go along with it and seem to really be enjoying it--have asked where they can find some more of those disk thingies. ;-)



And here's a picture of Sam and Sam enjoying the party. They sure do get along well. My Sammy is crazy about Brother Sam, but then, I don't think I've ever known a kid who didn't like Brother Sam!

I noticed that we missed National Twinkie Day earlier this month (how could you overlook a holiday like that?!) and I mentioned it to the kids. Get this...none of my children even knew what a Twinkie was!!! I'm so ashamed!!! What kind of a mother am I, anyway?! I sent James straight to the store to remedy that situation. ;-) He came home with two boxes of them (what a guy!) and I mashed up some strawberries and we used them to make "shortcakes"--and James whipped us up some strawberry milkshakes, too. What a great day! I think we ought to celebrate Twinkie Day at least twice a month. I'm sure the kids would agree to it. :-)

There has been lots of cooking and cleaning going on around here lately and it feels soooooooo good! I love it when I'm caught up on all of those things and can do some fun stuff--and just spend more time with the kids. I went and threw the football around with Katie and Joe for a while this afternoon, then Joe wanted to switch to baseball. He actually hit 4 or 5 really good ones! Wow!

Guess what I found when I cleaned out my desk a few days ago? A nice little slip of paper from the Texas Department of Public Safety from about two years ago. It states my name and vehicle info, the county and mile marker, then says: violation (1) speeding (MR OVER 70); violation (2) Fail to present drivers license. HA! Can you believe that?! I was speeding (8 or 10 over the limit, as I recall) AND I had no drivers license with me--and they guy only gave me a warning!!! ~sigh~ I love Texas cops.

I can't remember anything else that has happened this week. We had good church yesterday, then Sam and Tammy piled in with us and we took off for Merkel to have service there at 5:00. Sister Marcia and Sara and Aaron met us there and we had a good communion and feet washing service with the Lunas, then enjoyed a good meal at their house, as always. It was great--and so nice to have the Brooks there with us this time! We stopped at K-Mart in Sweetwater on the way home like we always to. Sooooooo many incredible deals there--always. Got some shirts and jeans for the boys for $2.50 apiece. The drive home was fun, of course. We always enjoy traveling with Sam and Tammy. The best part of this trip was when the conversation veared toward the works of C.S. Lewis and we were discussing his many books and what we thought of them. Brother Sam, in all seriousness, said, "Is he the guy that wrote the Screwball Files?" There was a long pause before James finally ventured, "Do you mean the Screwtape Letters???" Ha! Ha! Ha! We laughed sooooooo hard! Only Sam could come up with the Screwball Files! He laughed as hard as the rest of us, just so you know. ;-)

Well, I'd best be going. Have a great night!!!

~Bec~
Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on 9:05 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

5 comments

The Screwball Files! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my! That is too hilarious! I love it!!!!!

Glad you got to go out and enjoy time with the kiddos. They came to visit me in my dreams last night. I have no idea why...I hadn't been thinking about them, but they showed up anyway and all I remember is that we were having a grand time. So...give 'em hugs for me, 'kay? Okay!

Great picture of your parents.

I will never EVER look at a C.S. Lewis book again without thinking of Bro. Sam's creative title twist. LOL!

So glad your carload of screwballs had such a good Sunday. ;-) And I'm SO glad you FINALLY posted again! You lazy bum!

y'all (did ya like that texas term) are crazy!