Just for Fun  

Posted by cokelady

I can't really think of anything grand to blog about, so I thought I'd throw a few old pictures on here just for fun. I had scanned these into the computer months ago for a project Haley was working on--a gift for Emilee. I don't have any recent pictures that are any good, but when you have nothing to blog about you're still considered a great blogger if you post good pictures. So here are a few of my favorites...


The bow tie boys! This is what "our guys" looked like back in the good ole' days. The four J's: Johnny, Jon, Jay, and Jeremiah. I always loved this picture because it captures each of their personalities so perfectly. And it makes me think of the great youth group we had and all the fun and crazy things we did when we were teenagers. And how good God was to us and what I time of growth and learning it was... Ah yes, good times. :-)

Princess Emilee and Princess Rebekah. This was taken at BTI one year.
Fun, fun, fun!

Ha! What a great day! All of us girls (Amanda Newman, Tammy Lewis, Becki Smith, Emilee Brock, Cathy Lewis, Libby Brock, and Mandie Otterbacher--whoa, just listen to all those maiden names that sound so weird now! Ha!) went to lunch at my favorite restaurant in Colorado Springs, East Side Mario's. Manda thought our waiter was cute and commenced flirting. The rest of us were much more reserved, but how could you not be amused by Manda's crazy antics?! Before we left she asked Freddy (the waiter) if we could take our picture with him. So we all filed outside and the manager came along to work the camera. Nothing like a day on the town with the girls!

"We look cool!!!" Unless you're a fan of The Tick, that won't make any sense to you at all, but that's what this picture is all about. Right, Em??? ~sigh~ I wish Libby was a blogger. It would be such fun to have her "around" again with the rest of us!
Uummm... Sister Marcia and Sara and Aaron came to town yesterday. Sara is looking into Midland College and they came to check things out over there. They're staying with Sam & Tammy this time, but they all came over here last night (along with Aunt Sue and Uncle Jerry) for a cookout. James grills a mean burger, so we had lots of those and hot dogs and chips and homemade ice cream and strawberry shortcake. Wow, what a night! It was GREAT. We had a great time visiting with everybody, too. The fellowship was almost as good as the food. ;-)
Well, I'd best get going. Ya'll have a great day! Later.
~Bec~
Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on 9:53 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

11 comments

The pictures are terrific! I hadn't seen some of them in YEARS...until Haley gave me "the sock book". Those are definitely good times!
Funny how Manda was the one flirting, but you and I are the ones with his arms around us. For shame!!

Yeah, I noticed that. I even remember kind of fighting for that position!!! Ha! For shame is right!!! I hope my daughter behaves herself better when the time comes. HA!!! What are the chances?! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Great pictures! Was that last one taken at the lock-in that we did in Parker?

Good burgers and fun fellowship...simply wonderful. *sigh*

Those are such FUN pictures!!! They each one made me laugh out loud. I couldn't help noticing the skirts--especially in the Mario's shot. Don't you know you can't have fun in skirts??? Isn't that what everybody says? I guess "everybody" must be wrong because you guys look like you're having a blast in every picture! And you all look so godly, too. I guarantee you guys didn't have to tell the staff or anyone else at Mario's that you were a group of Christian girls. Your appearance did the witnessing. (Sorry, I just couldn't help myself!)

Maybe. But Manda's flirting probably nullified any "witnessing" that may have taken place! Ha!

Maybe. Maybe not. Perhaps she just utilized a different "style" of Christian witnessing. =)

"I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some." Does that include a flirt?! Somehow "Flirts for Jesus" doesn't sound any more believable than "Bellydancers for Jesus," you know?!

Those pictures are the best! Dustin and I laughed so hard. Its always fun to look back and relive the good ole days.

Federal Beer?! Were you guys snookered when you had this picture taken? ... Bro. Jacob

You might want to crop the one in front of Mario's, Bek.

HA! I was hoping nobody would notice... (yeah, right!) In all truthfulness, I can say that in all of the times I went to East Side Mario's, I was not even AWARE that they served beer. The first time I came to that realization was a few months ago when I scanned the picture in for Haley and noticed (for the first time--really!) the neon "Federal Beer" in the window! Who knew?! We were too busy talking about Freddy to notice such things! HA!!! Actually, I loved Mario's for the decor (it was set up like New York City--complete with the Brooklyn Bridge overhead, vegetable market in the corner and a clothsline strung from one tall wall of "apartments" to another) and the terrific lasagna and WONDERFUL fresh garlic bread, served in a greasy, brown paper bag. YUM!!! We went there in all innocence, I assure you. But the way Manda was acting, maybe somebody DID slip her some Federal... Hhmmm... ;-)