Adieu!  

Posted by cokelady

We'll be leaving tomorrow morning for Youth Convention in Hatch, New Mexico! We're excited about it and will be sure to give you all a great report when we get back. :-)

I think I should find something else to talk about, don't you? Hey, look at this great table James found for the booth!


"For the booth," I say. Last time I saw it it had a little tag on it that said, "For display only." It's an old soda fountain table that somebody had repainted and added the Coke logo to--James found it in an antique mall over in Hobbs, New Mexico last week sometime and just couldn't pass it up. He said it was a great deal and he was going to almost double the price on it when he put it up for sale in his booth. And if it doesn't sale, I think he's okay with that, too! It is a great little table, but those chairs are about the most uncomfortable things I've ever sat in! Who's idea was it to use twisted wire for the back of a chair, anyway?!

We've had some serious work going on in the back yard this week. Here's a picture of the crew...


We've got a bunch of white rocks that used to be part of the landscaping out there that have just got to go, so we set the kids to it. I was amazed at how hard they worked, how long they stuck with it, and how many rocks they picked up. James had to empty the wheelbarrow two or three times within about a half an hour or so! Here's a picture of one of the fine looking young men out on the job...


And here's a picture of our resident goofball, doing his part. He always wears that hat with the elastic coming down instead of up inside the hat where it belongs. The greatest is when he pulls it down real hard so it makes his ears flop down--I love it! Ha! Ha!



James paid each kid 50 cents for their hard work and they were soooooo excited. I'm just waiting for it to occur to Katie that she made 50 cents for an hour or two of hard labor, and she made $11.25 for two and a half hours of sitting behind a table selling lemonade! It's going to hit her one of these days and James is probably going to have a hard time getting her motivated unless he ups her wages considerably! Ha!

The other day I looked in the back yard and saw the boys playing and decided to watch for a few minutes to figure out what they were doing. We have a bale of hay out there for Joe to aim at when we get his bow and arrows out. Well, the bale was laying down on it's side and they had a baseball bat laying across it. There was a belt tied to the small end of the bat and Sam was holding onto it while Joe stood nearby with a ball in his hands. They had lots of crazy discussion, then Joe hollers, "FIRE THE CANNON!!!" Sam yanked on the belt attached to the "cannon" bat, Joe threw the "cannon" ball, and they both started shouting, "BOOM! BOOM! KA-BOOM!!!" It was great. It must be a fun life when you're creative. I don't remember ever being that way. To me a bat was a bat and a ball was a ball. I must've missed out on so much.

It's been an eventful couple of days and I think I'm all ready for our little trip. I've got all of the laundry and ironing caught up, the house vacuumed and the kitchen floor scrubbed. You know what that means, of course. I actually get to come home to a clean house!!! Wa-Hoo! There's no greater feeling in all the world--and it happens so rarely around here! Anyway, it's past midnight now and I need to get some rest. We're going to be proof reading some church stuff while we drive to Hatch tomorrow and it will help greatly if I can manage to be halfway coherent! Until next week...

~Becki~
Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on 11:19 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

Great pictures of the kids. Sam is such a riot! I love his hat too!

Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!! (Not like you'll read this before you leave--oh well)

I love Katie's red boots and the boys are too adorable and such great imaginations. I also like that Coca-Cola table and chairs in the booth. Praying for your safe trip and the convention.