Some Fun Pics  

Posted by cokelady

It's been another long, but productive day around here today. My rugs came yesterday. I had ordered them from Aunt Sue a couple of weeks ago and they finally came... but my house was so trashed there was no putting them out! So I worked really hard today to get the piles of laundry off the floor (!), got all of the dusting done, and moved all of the furniture and did the big scrub job on all of the tile floors except for the kids' room. It feels sooooo much better! And I know have a couple of GREAT, country, braided rugs--one in the living room and one under the dining table. They are the same pattern, but the one in the living room is the traditional oval while the one in the dining room is rectangle. I love 'em!

I managed to get all of that done (although both bedrooms are still trashed--that's tomorrow's project) and get everybody all cleaned up in time to go to the library, then go into town early so everybody could do some shopping for James. Tomorrow he will be a whoppin' 29 years old! AMAZING. If you didn't know you'd guess at least, what... 84??? Ha! It is pretty crazy. Anyway, the kids had a good time shopping for Dad and were all willing to part with a few dollars to get a little something for him. They actually did pretty good. Initially Sam was wanting to get him a bow and arrow or some such thing, but they finally tried to grasp the concept of buying something they think DAD might want instead of something THEY want. :-)

We had a good BTI service tonight--studied outward adornment. James took us through the Church's tract on it, as well as some church history about the splits in the 20's and 90's.

Well, I'm bushed. But I put a whole slew of pictures up for you, although they're not all of Convention.
This is Sam wrestling a tree...
The day Mom & Dad got here...

Ha! Love these ones. This is Brother Dustin trying desperately to keep hidden the pretty, girly purse in his left hand...
Ha! Look at him go! :-)
Trying to get a good picture of Grandma and Abbie... not so easy! Ha! Abigail is such a cheeseball!


Handsome Sam...
You'll be glad to hear that the following craziness took place AFTER Convention. They guys were in some sort of competition to see who could jump and touch the whatever-it-is. This is Keven Lewis... I think he got it a time or two.
Jon... Believe it or not, he was pretty consistant. He can somehow out jump most of the others!
Chris Clarkson... No problem! He even looks like he's having fun!
I had several pictures of Brother Dustin... but I'm too nice to post them all. (I must be going soft! Ha!) All I can say is that he had GREAT form! ;-)
Doing the guy thing... Gotta prove just what it is they are conquering, you know. :-)
Somebody mananged to throw something into the globe of this light, so it had to be fetched. Good thing they had Philip around! And a nice stool for him. :-)
Some of our fathers with their Father's Day gifts: Coca-Cola and beef jerky. What could be better?! (Great job, Tammy!) :-)

That's it for now. I'm not going to post any Camp pictures for a while. I have a plan. :-) They'll come, it'll just be later than sooner. Have a great day!

~Rebekah~

This entry was posted on 11:44 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

9 comments

Keven did NOT even come CLOSE to touching the beam! I had a ring-side seat; he was hilarious. If that chair weren't in the way you would be able to see that his feet only cleared the floor by about 6". :-D The beam measured 9'7" I think. Jon was the most consistent one to reach it, which truly amazes me! I have a great shot of Jon touching it, but I can't show it because his shirt NOR undershirt were long enough to account for being stretched out so far.
You'll have to send me copies of the pictures of Abbie and me. I can see a resemblance in the last picture of us--but she doesn't have a crooked smile. :-P -- All of your pictures are great. I want MORE!!!

Good pictures. Thanks.
How fun, the guys were very energetic this year. It made for some great fun. I am amazed at how late the ADULTS stayed awake this yr at Convention and camp.

Yeah! It was almost easy getting those girls in bed by midnight...until the last night then they wanted to stay up ALL night.

Enjoyed those pictures. :)

Tell James "Happy Birthday" from us. I never realized that our husbands birthday was a day apart. Jacob turned 35 yesterday. If our husbands switched personalities, their ages would "fit" better. :P

I would enjoy seeing a picture of your braided rugs. :)

HA! So TRUE, Bekka! That's too funny. :-D

The only thing better than Coke and beef jerky is Pepsi and beef jerky :)

BTW was Sam the tallest step stool that you could find for Philip. Love ya, Sam.

I think you're wrong, Mom. I don't think there's any way ANY of our guys could jump 9'7". I could be wrong, but I think it was less than that. And I know for a fact that Keven touched it once. Of course, I think he jumped from a chair--but still! ;-) By the way, I just sent you some Grandma & Abbie pics.

Thanks, Grace--you've got some really great ones up on your blog, too! ;-)

Tammy--you're right. Everybody did last a lot longer at night than usual. Maybe it's that we're all in denial about getting "too old" to do such things! Ha!

Grace, I DON'T ENVY you the Room Mother thing. You're brave! Ha!

Rebekah, you are soooooo right! How is it James acts so much older than his age and Jacob acts so much younger?! Ha! Oh, I took a picture of the rugs a little while ago. I'll try to post 'em sometime soon.

Jennifer... we will have no more of that nasty Pepsi talk at this blog, lady! We speak only the truth here--the REAL THING. And perhaps the cherry or vanilla versions of the real thing. Ha! Oh, and it wasn't Sam who was playing ladder for Philip--it was Chris Thompson. Crazy, hu?!